Today...

Leoo

That's great! Congrats. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Woke up this morning and noticed it was nice and toasty in my house. I thought that was pretty weird since I always turn my heater off before I go to bed. Walked over to the switch and noticed that I had indeed turned the heater off.

It was a burner on the kitchen stove I had left on overnight... on High.

Oops. :<

oh_you.jpg?w=720

There's a chance I might be moving in with an old friend in a different part of Brisbane, right in near all the club scenes. Brett's (bf) planning on joining the defence force early this year and I wont earn enough to be able to pay for this house's rent on my own. In a way, I'm not bothered if he gets in. Lately it's been wierd because I've never moved out before, but doing it straight off the bat with a partner makes me feel claustrophobic.

Popoto.~<3

solo living in Aus is just impossible, the rental market is overflooding with young parents, single parents, young people, etc on top of overpriced rental housing.

If I can find a cheap enough place that also has a car port or garage for under $130 AUS, that'd be swell.

Popoto.~<3

Just got League of Legends working on my Laptop for the first time in months, right after I finished downloading the MMO "The Secret World" to play with a friend. And of course I've still got my TF2 addiction so basically my last week of winter break is going to be spent unproductively.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Yeah, the rental market in Ottawa is just as bad. Crappy bachelor apartments in the worst areas of town will run you at least $700 a month. Decent ones are easily $900-1000. To put that in perspective, the mortgage on my house is only $865.

Just one more reason why I stopped renting and bought my own house as soon as I was able to. Okay, I did it before I was really able to afford it but banks were stupid back then. I mean seriously, who gives a 25 year old a no-down-payment mortgage?

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

To be fair, there are a lot of expenses beyond your mortagage. I suppose some of them might be considered optional if you don't mind tanking your value, but you still probably want insurance and utilities at least. You do get the equity though, and a lot more bang for your buck, especially if you don't need to spend too much time on upkeep.

And I thought no down payment mortgages in Canada were illegal? I was under the impression that before the summer, the mandatory up front cash you had to have was 15%, now set to 20 or 25%.

I thought no down payment mortgages in Canada were illegal?

It was 9 years ago. ;) I think they changed that a couple of years ago when the economy tanked.

Yeah, the rental market in Ottawa is just as bad. Crappy bachelor apartments in the worst areas of town will run you at least $700 a month. Decent ones are easily $900-1000. To put that in perspective, the mortgage on my house is only $865.

I'm used to the Toronto rental prices. For $1000, you get a hobo's second-hand box. Been looking for a place to rent, and I couldn't find anything near your rent range, without a roommate. Also looked at a few apartments. Even found one that has a $1400 maintenance fee ON TOP of the mortgage.

Yeah, prices are pretty borked everywhere.

22031_s.gif

Today was the day when I first tried using Adobe Premiere. And I realized, that you need to have everything Adobe offers to take the most of it. For example, no sound editing in plain Premiere...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I'm used to the Toronto rental prices. For $1000, you get a hobo's second-hand box. Been looking for a place to rent, and I couldn't find anything near your rent range, without a roommate. Also looked at a few apartments. Even found one that has a $1400 maintenance fee ON TOP of the mortgage.

There's no living downtown lol. Even a 600 sqft condo will cost you 300 grand.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I live about a mile from downtown Minneapolis right on the edge of the U of M campus, in a 3k sq foot house. 4 rooms, 6 people, rent is 500/month. Parking is $75/month though...

Next semester I'm moving another .6 miles out, and rent is only $320, with free parking. That's about as cheap as you can get here.

2s0cxth.png

Yeah, I was noticing that when I was at the bank the other day. Houses in the Glebe (which is about as downtown as houses get) with only two beds and a bath going for $500-750k. :shock:

I'll stick with my 5 bed, 2 bath, 1/2 acre, <200k house thank you very much. :grin: The 45 minute drive into work is a small price to pay for all that.

Hey, I need to get to University without spending hours driving :P .

22031_s.gif

Hey, I need to get to University without spending hours driving :P .

My brother commutes into UofT from Mississauga, it's not that bad...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I completely [bleep]ed my sleeping schedule since New Year's; staying up till 4 or 5 am, then sleeping till 2 pm and staying in bed another hour so. Now it's 4:30 am and I need to wake up in less than 3 hours for my first day of school. Crap.

Edit: never mind sleeping. I'll never be able to drag myself out of bed after just 2 hours of sleep.

I completely [bleep]ed my sleeping schedule since New Year's; staying up till 4 or 5 am, then sleeping till 2 pm and staying in bed another hour so. Now it's 4:30 am and I need to wake up in less than 3 hours for my first day of school. Crap.

Edit: never mind sleeping. I'll never be able to drag myself out of bed after just 2 hours of sleep.

Same boat. I just woke up at 1030pm. Such a pain in the ass to fix.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

You guys just need to move out of the big cities. Out in the prairies (Regina, SK) you can buy 1400-1600 sq ft condos for around $200,000-$250,000. A nice sized house starts $300,000+ =)

Iron_Donaldo.png

Today I joined twitter. (@InstaLiterate)

I feel like I need to shower.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'd feel dirty too for jumping on the twitter bandwagon.

Spent $120 on food today that should last close to 2 weeks worth (meat, veggos and the sort). As opposed to my boyfriend's food spend last week of nearly $200 that lasted just less then a week. Bloody organic crap, biggest rip off. Dunno why people think it's healthier.

I also finally bought a comb. lost mine 2 weeks back and my head has been feeling so weird without the daily brush.

Popoto.~<3