Today...

Leoo

They're bothersome in the first week or so, when you're still getting used to them, but I've had mine for just under a year now and I enjoy them very much. It just takes a minute or two in the morning to put them in and even less at night to take them out, and you have perfect vision all day long without all the disadvantages of glasses (like fogging up, or getting smudged, little stuff like that). And it's also much easier to change prescription if you notice your eyes are getting worse. The only bad thing I can tell you about them is those very rare occasions where they'll come out during the day, but that's incredibly rare and usually only happens in special circumstances like getting hit by a ball or rubbing your eye wildly. And I still have my glasses for those lazy days when I'm staying at home all day and don't feel like putting them in.

Getting a new cellphone today, my current one is starting to reach its limit after a few years of trusty service.

I got an email from my new roommate. He's bringing his big screen TV and an Xbox and I already have a PS3. Suddenly my second semester just got a lot less productive.

@Star.: Contact lenses are awesome once you get used to them. Depending on how long you wear them each day you won't even need eye drops.

@Distracted: What kind of phone?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

It's a Commonwealth thing.

I did all my post-Christmas shopping online. I really just didn't want to deal with any lines.

I suppose Canada does count as commonwealth. Boxing day (or rather the day after since it's a statutory holiday) is our biggest retail day of the year.

They're bothersome in the first week or so, when you're still getting used to them, but I've had mine for just under a year now and I enjoy them very much. It just takes a minute or two in the morning to put them in and even less at night to take them out, and you have perfect vision all day long without all the disadvantages of glasses (like fogging up, or getting smudged, little stuff like that). And it's also much easier to change prescription if you notice your eyes are getting worse. The only bad thing I can tell you about them is those very rare occasions where they'll come out during the day, but that's incredibly rare and usually only happens in special circumstances like getting hit by a ball or rubbing your eye wildly. And I still have my glasses for those lazy days when I'm staying at home all day and don't feel like putting them in.

My optician advises me to only keep them in for a maximum of twelve hours a day, with at least six hours in solution in between wears. So I take them out during the evening and wear glasses for the rest of the day. I seem to have some issues about overusing them and consequently gaining very painful, throbbing headaches, which only seem to be stopped by cocodamol (codeine phosphate). So if you get frequent headaches, Star, it might be worth talking about that first with the optician first.

That said, they are incredible. If you talk to a high street optician they'll give you a free trial if you ask. The most significant thing you notice almost immediately is your peripheral version, you can see everything in clear detail unlike glasses where you're limited to whatever falls onto the lens. Most people find it odd when you start wearing contacts, but that's just because they're so used to seeing you with glasses on.

I'm pretty sure my optician advised me the same thing, but I've had times where I've worn them for over 24 hours, and the only thing that's happened is that my eyes were a bit red when I did finally take them out. Not that I do it often, just rarely if for some reason I can't take them off at night.

Is that the one with comments under many of the strips? I'm pretty sure I too have a copy, though I can't currently find it.

That's the one. So far my favorite is: "I'm still working on my perpetual motion machine. Ironically, I can't seem to stop."

I laughed harder at that then the strip it was talking about. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm planning on getting contacts within a month, and for some reason the idea of having clear peripheral vision again excites me a lot.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I'm planning on getting contacts within a month, and for some reason the idea of having clear peripheral vision again excites me a lot.

This is why I don't drive with glasses on, at least most of the time. They are good if I need to read road signs, but I feel like I get tunnel vision. I mostly wear them for class, so I am used to focusing only on what I can actually see through the lenses, which doesn't translate well into driving.

Best friend broke up with his girlfriend today, so he came over and we played board games all night. He didn't seem all that down about it. I'm not sure if it's because he's hiding it, or he just doesn't feel that bad.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I had a friend that would only change out his contacts two or three times a month. Just left them in ALL the time. Probably hurt taking them out though.

I woke up at my friends house this morning. I remember driving there to meet up with some old friends. I don't remember how I ended up sleeping on the couch. Whatever.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

On the topic of glasses, I have been wearing them for...I think five years now. I originally got them because I was near sighted, and driving while near sighted isn't the best. I have noticed that my near sighted has gotten worse so I wear them all the time now. With me being diabetic, excess sugar has probably up behind my eyes, thus making my vision worse. Going to have a eye exam soon to check up on that. On the note of contacts, I can't stand them at all. I have a thing about something touching my eyes. Can't and won't get contacts.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

On the topic of glasses, I have been wearing them for...I think five years now. I originally got them because I was near sighted, and driving while near sighted isn't the best. I have noticed that my near sighted has gotten worse so I wear them all the time now. With me being diabetic, excess sugar has probably up behind my eyes, thus making my vision worse. Going to have a eye exam soon to check up on that. On the note of contacts, I can't stand them at all. I have a thing about something touching my eyes. Can't and won't get contacts.

Do you remember how weird glasses felt when you first put them on? You'll get used to contacts like you did for glasses.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I keep saying I'm going to get contacts for when I like workout and do sports and such, but I've just been way to lazy to actually do it since it's only one of my eyes that is bad.

I'm a bit the same, my left eye is slightly fuzzy. I suppose my only worry is one of those blindness diseases runs in my mum's family. Eventually I'll get my eyes checked.

Popoto.~<3

Eventually I'll get my eyes checked.

By that stage they won't be able to do anything. The best way to prevent things is to get them checked sooner rather than later.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Black Ops 2, a game I've had since the day it came out and haven't even prestiged on yet. Heck, I'm getting passed by friends who had to rent it before they got it for Christmas.

I'm stuck on .99 kd... I keep joining games, getting pissed and turning off my ps3. I need a group to play with :x I hate randomers.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.