Today...

Leoo

Yesterday I drank a full bottle of liquor on my own for the first time, and won me 5 euros doing it. It was only 20% though. Luckily, it had gotten me drunk in a way I couldn't walk properly, while still functioning decently on other aspects.

Just take your dishes down to the river and beat them against a rock with your laundry. :lol:

Our 30 year old washing machine is currently broken, so we almost have to do our laundry that way. I mean, I wouldn't trust the nearest river to get them clean, but washing by hand in the house is the current best method. It's either that or pay to do it... and that would just be silly.

Yesterday I drank a full bottle of liquor on my own for the first time, and won me 5 euros doing it. It was only 20% though. Luckily, it had gotten me drunk in a way I couldn't walk properly, while still functioning decently on other aspects.

I hope you mean a two-six and not a forty

Just take your dishes down to the river and beat them against a rock with your laundry. :lol:

Our 30 year old washing machine is currently broken, so we almost have to do our laundry that way. I mean, I wouldn't trust the nearest river to get them clean, but washing by hand in the house is the current best method. It's either that or pay to do it... and that would just be silly.

Paying to wash your laundry would be silly. Paying someone else to wash your laundry, on the other hand...

Of course. I would definitely pay somebody else to wash my clothes, even when the washer isn't broken. Kinda sad, when you think about how little doing laundry involves.

I hope you mean a two-six and not a forty

I had to consult urbandictionary for this one, but I do mean a two-six.

Had a lovely chat with my ISP today. The conclusion was that the range extender itself might be screwing up. The other problem I am seeing is that the wireless strength itself is a huge factor here, and it just never mattered before because the internet was so slow anyway. What I have done for now is I found the coax running up to my room, and relocated the modem. My ultimate plan is to get a bit more cable and run it down to the second floor from my room so that I can run the ethernet cable back up like I do with the range extender. Having it in my room allows me to rule out bad reception since it's much closer, and there is a lot less interference up here. If it still drops out, then I can run it with a cable and see if the problem goes away. I should definitely be able to nail down the problem now, be it reception, wifi, or just general suckiness.

Loving my computer class, aside from the tests, which are really resistant to perfect scores. or even something above 90. I have an 11/15 and 13/15 so far, and I think that puts me in the top 5 in the class (half the class failed the first one). Still, that 11 in particular is not fantastic, and I'd really like an A or A+ in this because 4.0/4.3 does wonders for the GPA. We are doing our own games in labs now though, and it's kind of hilarious. I've done almost all the coding so far, except a little bit of the graphics stuff our team artists did. We are the only 2 who really do anything, and honestly, I couldn't care less. By having one person do all the coding, that person gets really familiar with it. By being that person, I'm the one who knows how Scratch works. That we have a guy to draw stuff for us is also pretty epic, because I don't do computer art. Next time I am going to try and remember my laptop though so I can get it on the big screen and make it easier for the other two guys to look like they are being helpful (I'm nice like that).

Hey guys, need some advice from the Europeans here. I have two months between the time I graduate and the time I start working full time. My friend and I wanted to take a trip to Europe. We didn't want to plan everything out, just use public transportation to get from country to country, and see a lot of places in the time we have.

I did a quick search, and a round trip ticket to Budapest is only $1200. We'd like to go to a few big cities, like Warsaw, Berlin, Copenhagen, Paris, Barcelona, Geneva, Monaco, Rome, etc. How hard/feasible would it be to do this, not knowing the languages or much about the country? Are there good places to go or avoid?

Any advice would be good :) We'd probably be going from the middle of May to the middle of June-ish, with about 3 people. How much would it cost to live/travel for a month?

2s0cxth.png

My friends and I did a trip through Europe this September. If I may suggest one thing when it comes to transportation: use Eurolines buses. They're the cheapest way to get from city to city and they're usually pretty comfortable. Looking at your list of cities though, they're really scattered throughout Europe and if you'd take a bus from for example Budapest to Barcelona I think you'd be travelling for 2 days. If you're arriving in Budapest I'd certainly suggest going to Vienna, which is only a one-hour drive from there if I recall correctly. Prague is also a must-see city in that area of Europe. Berlin is also really worth it, but it's a huge city so make sure you have enough time to visit it. We talked to a Polish girl when we were in Prague who told us Krakow is more beautiful than Warsaw. I wouldn't know myself, but might be worth checking it out.

Yeah Warsaw was completely destroyed in WW2 so it's much more modern. It has some interesting areas but for the most part it's not that interesting. Budapest is a lot nicer. I never did actually go to Krakow though.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The cost of traveling for a month is going to depend entirely on you're expectations. What kind of boarding do you want? How much drinking do you plan on doing? Museums? Souvenirs? etc. I've done two weeks before on about 60 euros a day, which doesn't include my travel and boarding, but I found that about perfect for my day-to-day expenses. 

If you haven't considered it, check out programs like Contiki, Yacht Week, etc. They're great ways to see the sights, meet people, and have a great time, with little risk. Which is great if it's you're first time abroad. I did a Contiki trip the second time I went to Europe and I found it to be a blast. 

You not knowing a language isn't a very big deal, just try to learn basic greetings out of curtsy. Pointing and smiling can get you pretty far, and most people are very friendly in general, even Parisian despite popular belief.

tFtfA.jpg

I know I'm late to the party, but here's my net. Sunday arvo so the ping is 1/5 what it normally is, and the speeds are twice what they normally are.

3030359852.png

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Alright, thanks for the advice guys. I'd like to hit all the cities I've listed (and more) but I know a month isn't long enough to get to all of them. I'll head to Vienna, and check out Krakow too.  

I haven't heard of Contiki before, but it looks really cool. My friend I'm going with doesn't really want to have a set schedule, and just travel around wherever we want though. If I don't do it this time, it's definitely something I'll look into for future years.

I was originally thinking $4000 for a month-ish, which is a 1300 ticket and 90/day for everything else. Money isn't that big of an issue though, and I can spend more if I need to.

Right now I need to focus on narrowing down which cities and places we go to, which I don't want to do :(

2s0cxth.png

Dude, with that kind of money you can do practically everything. I was just 3 weeks in Indonesia with the total cost of around 1000€, out of which 350 were the plane tickets. 

A regular weeklong trip in Europe for us is like €100 per person, if we go by car. Then again, we are bargain hunters and can't afford any more...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Going to the nearby County Fair today. I hate rides, hate games and hate crowds, so why go? To watch the senseless destruction of dozens of cars. The Demolition Derby finals.

Also fair-food.

Both my favourite and least favourite drivers were not there this year (both qualified to be as both are past champions) so it was less exciting. However, they did a kids one just before the big boys and girls got their chance.

Yesterday, on some random sumo tournament with the costumes (the silly large rubber ones) I injured my knee again. So today went to see the doctor, and there they took out 60 ml of blood from my knee and told me the results of the MRI I had in the start of September. Apparently already in spring my knee was so [bleep]ed that I shouldn't have been standing on it. There were more broken parts in my knee than there were good parts. The conclusion of everything that was broken was about half an a4 page. For example, in a knee there are 3 main ligaments: ACL, MCL and PCL. I have completely torn ACL and MCL and injured PCL. Rips on both of my menisci. And so on.

Turns out, I am going to be having an open surgery on my knee. Which is pretty [bleep]ed. Any sports are probably gone, forever. 

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

That's rough Saq.

Todays not my day either. My serpentine belt fell off of my car cracking my timing plate and ruining my water pump. My buddys a nechanic , and he's on hour 9 of fixing it. I swear this is the last repair I do on my car. Next thing that breaks will be the end of it. Also I lost at quizzo and got told I likely won't graduate until next winter (9 months later than anticipated). And I probably won't be accepted into gradschool because I go to a research institute and I need an applied science model.

[bleep] shit. Need beer. Gonna smoke.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Sounds rough Prets. Are they just doing a bit of work to try and patch the knee up to give you some mobility or what? Sounds like you need a new knee, but I know they don't like giving young people artificial ones because they don't last forever.

Have they actually told you that you're unlikely to do sports again? Have they discussed with you about what to expect about your mobility after your operation? Do you know what physiotherapy services will be available post-operative? If you don't feel as though you've had enough information, then focus on the questions you're anxious about, and find a healthcare professional who can talk it through.

If it's the emotional side of things that you're really struggling with, then (I think this has been said before, my apologies if it hasn't) as a university student, wouldn't you be able to access some kind of counseling service? You might also be able to access counseling services through your healthcare, but obviously I'm less sure on that since as I don't know how your healthcare system works or what it covers. However, people often grieve about the loss of physical function in the same way as they respond to bereavement, so if you're getting angry / depressed / hopeless, these are all perfectly normal ways to feel! You might find it useful to talk about it with a counselor if it's getting overwhelming or if it's starting to interfere with daily life.

• Like 2

I think they plan on patching that stuff up. But I don't know. I really don't know anything other than that my doctor directly told me that my knee is [bleep]ed, in Estonian of course. Or well, not my doctor, the traumatologist who was there at the time. I will find out on Thursday, but since it is my patella that goes out, practically everything is broken. I also have a hole in the end of my thigh bone... And that is everything that was broken BEFORE my knee (patella) went out again on Wednesday. I had just been able to run for a month only. But I think that is forbidden or well, not possible for at least 2-3 months again.

What is weird is that it doesn't hurt me to stand on that injured foot. Or walk with it. Actually it hasn't hurt at all. Didn't even hurt when patella went out on Wednesday. Only moment it hurt was when blood was taken out yesterday and then half an hour after it after which I could feel there was already new blood in my knee. I got a plaster cast, but it got broken already on the first day. It is from my ankle all the way up to more than halfway up my thigh, and I didn't have crutches until this morning. I feel like this plaster cast does nothing right now, even my orthosis (which actually was useless with my diagnosis, since it only held the sides of my knee, not my patella) held my foot a bit better.

I know well enough not to move my knee more than a few degrees, since I am fairly certain it would hurt then. But honestly I haven't even tried.

Right now this whole situation is one hell of a mess in my head. I am kinda stumped in university, since I just failed an exam with one single [bleep]ing point and I need to retake this aswell this Wednesday... I only got back from Indonesia on Sunday and now that immobility is really puttig a strain on me. And since I have a plaster cast so long I haven't really even realized how the [bleep] could I wash myself... I cannot put on socks on my own right now. I can't tie shoelaces or put on shoes without some stick either.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc