Today...

Leoo

If the immobility is preventing you from performing to what would normally be your best grades, then speak to your personal tutor / academic adviser about extenuating circumstances.

If your immobility is preventing you from carrying out daily activities, speak to your family / campus nurse. They should be able to assess your needs more comprehensively.

Stay active but don't push yourself too hard, allow yourself time to recover. You'll have a much greater chance of running if you engage with the planning and implementation of your care, rather than ignoring professional advice and trying to rush things.

Happy birthday champion.

Best of luck with mobility Saq.

Today I made appletinis and went to the arcade. My car is still porked.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Worst thing is, I live on the fourth floor of my dorm and we have no elevator.

Oh also that I know jack shit about any public transportation, used my bicycle to get around, which is now impossible.

But yeah, I just don't know what is gonna happen, if I will run and ride my bicycle again... For actually I could run with that broken knee. Well, I didn't have any pain at least. But that patella could go out any minute was a thing I didn't know either.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Saq - sounds like you need one of these, so you can take it off and put socks on etc: http://static.dme-direct.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/l/black-foam-knee-immobilizer.jpg

But the patella going out all the time seriously sucks. I've been kind of lucky and haven't injured any of my ligaments (afaik), just have garbage cartilage in the joint and weak muscles attached to the various tendons that keep all that stuff together. Should probably go back to physical therapy for it, although I think the doc would just say it's your own fault... Bad, but I think an endoscopy might do me some good.

Also avoiding writing a German essay at the moment. Supposed to review Rumpelstilzchen and Siegfrieds Tod.

I have one similar thing already. But it doesn't really help if I am supposed to be not able to move my knee in any way. Or support on it. And mine doesn't really hold my patella in place, which means it is useless.

I have the unhappy triad injury, which means at least 3 weeks of not doing anything without crutches or a physiotherapist. And that thigh bone injury. I have no [bleep]ing idea how bad this is or how this might affect me.

Right now, everything I have done today involves me eating candy, sleeping and studying that [bleep]ing Chemistry. I have 6 tests in the next 2 weeks and a lab report in Chemistry in addition to the homework, which is massive, considering I was abroad for 3 weeks.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

uuuuuuugh. i hate having no internet! been tethering off my phone for a week now. You think moving only 5km down the road (if that) it wouldnt take 2 weeks to change the connections. But no. if I find out my mobile provider slapped me with lotsadosh for data I'll be busting out the OSRA or w/e they're called, since he agreed and told me if I go over my data, I just go up to the next data level, and not charged per MB, since I told him initially I wanted 2GB not 200MB [er month.

Popoto.~<3

You have a 200mb mobile data limit? Damn, unlucky you, our lowest start at 1 gb.

Right now, came from a LAN party. Had beers and played with a great company. Started off with Age of Empires 2 which we played co-op against the bots. Lost to the hard bots within one hour while there was 5 of us and 3 bots. Then beat the medium bots in around 2 hours. Mind you, none of us is good at this game. Next up, played some Enemy Territory. Turns out, in FPSs there is one dude who is head and shoulders above the others. What also aids the cause is that I haven't played anything online for 2 years or so, but earlier we could go neck and neck. After ET we had Quake 3 Arena. Made for LAN. Such an epic game. And we finished off with MW2. All in all, I was there for like 12 hours. And was nice.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

You have a 200mb mobile data limit? Damn, unlucky you, our lowest start at 1 gb.

That's not the worse. I have a 100mb limit with Telus. I pay $48 a month for 100 minutes, 100mb and unlimited texts. What's funny is that it should be $50 minimum because I have a smartphone.

Watched a few episodes of megas xlr. Strange that i dont think i liked this show when it was on air but i kind of like it as i watch it now. Also should be finishing my essay instead of procrastinating, but i am practically done

Oh man it's so hot here. Even without the smoke from bushfires blanketing the whole sky near me. Several minors have been charged over the lighting of bushfires, including one that took out quite a number of homes. I'm hoping they all get the book thrown at them as arson is extremely dangerous out here.

Also, one of our states finally passed same-sex marriage here. They've had to use loopholes in federal law to do it, have made amendments to protect it from a high-court appeal (one is in the works already), and the current government (the conservative one) are stating they're going to appeal it (they're the ones with the appeal in the works). Really hoping that other states successfully follow suit, Tasmania has already tried and failed, as there is seemly a large support behind it.

uuuuuuugh. i hate having no internet! been tethering off my phone for a week now. You think moving only 5km down the road (if that) it wouldnt take 2 weeks to change the connections. But no. if I find out my mobile provider slapped me with lotsadosh for data I'll be busting out the OSRA or w/e they're called, since he agreed and told me if I go over my data, I just go up to the next data level, and not charged per MB, since I told him initially I wanted 2GB not 200MB [er month.

That's my home connection, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 2 weeks to get it changed is actually fairly fast. My friend still has another 2 weeks to go before he'll get connected. He's been playing his 360 offline since he moved. If you're on one of the newerish Optus plans, your limit gets bumped up 1GB for the month at the cost of $10 if you go over. This works up to 20GB which would be a total of $200.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

They keep telling me its 100MB per $10. either way, im going in this week to sort it out since the guy who put me on a plan stated what you said. And if he lied, well... lets just say the peeps in charge of ...whatever their name is that look into misleading companies... will be involved.

Popoto.~<3

Wow, I spend like 300 mb per day on my phone... Luckily it is a really contested market in here and for me it costs 10€ to get unlimited (well, 50 gb per month) mobile internet with the speed capped by 3,5g speed limit, which was 7,2 MBit/s I think.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

meanwhile, showing the ever growing amount of similarities between members of the australian armed forces and literal children, they very probably started one of the worse bushfires going on atm. ofc we're not hearing nearly enough about that.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

They keep telling me its 100MB per $10. either way, im going in this week to sort it out since the guy who put me on a plan stated what you said. And if he lied, well... lets just say the peeps in charge of ...whatever their name is that look into misleading companies... will be involved.

For that you want the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman. Nothing gets them to say "Ok, we'll do what we said we would when you signed up." like the TIO. Grab out your contract first and look through it thoroughly.

Sent an e-mail to JMU's AROTC program and am hoping that I can get more information on the program as a whole and how to apply, etc.
I am increasingly liking the idea of going into the military for a few years after college - I hope this works out well. 

I only have 100mb data but I don't use it much. Also it's only 25 a month for unlimited text and calling as well so I can't complain too much

That'd cost $60 for me here. On top of that I'd get 2GB data.

Unlimited text and data and heavily reduced calling rates for $30... when I say heavily reduced, I mean down from $0.30/minute to $0.10/minute. I would have gone with the unlimited everything, but I knew I wouldn't use the calling enough to bother. In the 3 years I have had the phone it has made 3 calls. 1 by me, and it was an accident.

And I can't complain about the service, either, since I was one of the few people who could get a signal at my last workplace.