Today...

Leoo

I get "unlimited" data, voice, and text for $50, but there's basically no coverage upstate and it's flakey if I get away from the highways. Probably the best thing about the service is that there's no contract, so I could look for alternatives if I were less lazy.

Yeah that's exactly why I have my current provider. Spotty service out of the GTA but no contract which is key.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I don't see how no contract makes sense in the long term. I could see doing it for a month or two to see if there are any issues with the provider, so that you can bail, but at least here, sailing without a contract would be tantamount to handing your provider free bags of cash. You can save money if you don't use your phone much, and know how much you will be using it in advance, but to match most contract planes without the contract part is just scary. That's how they get you to sign on.

Anyway, have my own linear algebra midterm tomorrow. Should be interesting, but I'm feeling alright about this one.

Covering Much Ado About Nothing in English this week, and it never hit me before just how much is going over my head in Shakespeare. Without any background in archaic english, or a sound understanding of the culture, reading a play from that era would be like running a novel through google translate into Chinese and back.

Today we start our robot labs in Computers, so I am pretty stoked about that. Robots!

Damn, that shit is expensive down there. Glad I live on the other side of the pond.

And coverage has never been an issue. We have 4G LTE coverage almost everywhere now by the biggest operator with quite reasonable prices (around 25-30€ per month, unlimited data, speed capped at around 30 Mbit/s, I think), and coverage in major areas by the other providers. 2G is everywhere. Absolutely everywhere. Has been for ages.

Well, our country also is only 45k square kilometres and we have no mountains or anything, so it isn't hard to get 100% covered.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I don't see how no contract makes sense in the long term. I could see doing it for a month or two to see if there are any issues with the provider, so that you can bail, but at least here, sailing without a contract would be tantamount to handing your provider free bags of cash. You can save money if you don't use your phone much, and know how much you will be using it in advance, but to match most contract planes without the contract part is just scary. That's how they get you to sign on.

Anyway, have my own linear algebra midterm tomorrow. Should be interesting, but I'm feeling alright about this one.

Covering Much Ado About Nothing in English this week, and it never hit me before just how much is going over my head in Shakespeare. Without any background in archaic english, or a sound understanding of the culture, reading a play from that era would be like running a novel through google translate into Chinese and back.

Today we start our robot labs in Computers, so I am pretty stoked about that. Robots!

I'm not on a "contract plan" lol, just a plan. Wind charges 25 a month for my plan outright, and then if you're paying off a phone they add money to that. I'm not spending any extra money at all...

The only difference between a standard contract and what I do is I can drop them at a moment's notice with no cancellation fee of any kind.

polvCwJ.gif

Bushfires are so bad right now. Only a mountain separates the fires from my house.

Here the only difference between contract and no contract is that contracts come with a phone at either a subsidised cost, or no cost at all. It's for 12 months in that case. I think that anyone on a contract here is an idiot. I know that if I move or anything happens and I'm unable to get reception, I can just cancel on the spot and only for the rest of the month.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

A flatmate went to the admin to ask about moving out and heard that our flat has been complained about quite a lot. I can see why as some of my flatmates and the people from the flat across are absolutely animals when it comes to drinking. One of was an [wagon] and punched the firealarm at 11pm. And someone has tampered with the fire extinguisher and destroyed our broom so I'm going to have to pay 1/6th of that... It's hard to move flats too because you need someone to take up your room. If I got the location of my room in the building across this one I would have been in a nice quiet flat with international students with an awesome flat across if I want to go out. 

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I'm guessing this is a flat as in an apartment with a private landlord, rather than a flat in a halls of residence, from the way you worded that. If you can find another spare room somewhere owned by the same landlord, and the contract is worth an equal amount (or more) to what you're paying now, it's arguably in their own interests to allow you to move out into another room.

I lived in halls last year where both of the surrounding flats were filled with 18 year old school leavers and... yeah... dealing with idiot neighbours is a pain in the ass. Mostly because the fixed-term nature of student contracts is that you're basically stuck with them.

Now I'm trying to think, I don't think I ever looked at any of the good plans that aren't contract based. Maybe they aren't too bad, since the defining difference is whether you buy a phone through the plan or not. I might be confusing it with the cost of a new phone, which all at once, is quite substantial. My next phone might be coming from the net if I can find another one in as good shape as the one I have.

Robots are neat, though a little painful to get started in a new language, as always.

I took a half-semester linear algebra course and finished it last week... Unlike most things, I could have completely explained cofactor expansions to you. Now for differential equations.

And my package that was supposed to be here Monday (USPS tracking site actually says that) is currently in Des Moines Iowa. It came out of a suburb of Cincinnati, spent 2 days at that post office, went to Cinci, spent a day there, and is now in Iowa. WTAF, USPS. And it was first class, not like some random free slow boat to China crap.

We have some amazing budget telcos here, most of them just piggyback the two major's networks by wholesale purchasing. This is great as it means you can get the same quality network at low prices. I like being able to walk into a store and have my issues solved on the spot, along with good quality customer service, so I pay the 'premium' that is one of the major telcos.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I'm guessing this is a flat as in an apartment with a private landlord, rather than a flat in a halls of residence, from the way you worded that. If you can find another spare room somewhere owned by the same landlord, and the contract is worth an equal amount (or more) to what you're paying now, it's arguably in their own interests to allow you to move out into another room.

I lived in halls last year where both of the surrounding flats were filled with 18 year old school leavers and... yeah... dealing with idiot neighbours is a pain in the ass. Mostly because the fixed-term nature of student contracts is that you're basically stuck with them.

No, it is a halls of residence. I'm not going to find anyone wanting to stay here so yeah I'm screwed. Being 22 around a bunch of 18 years old is not for me, I feel like an old fogey!

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Now I'm trying to think, I don't think I ever looked at any of the good plans that aren't contract based. Maybe they aren't too bad, since the defining difference is whether you buy a phone through the plan or not. I might be confusing it with the cost of a new phone, which all at once, is quite substantial. My next phone might be coming from the net if I can find another one in as good shape as the one I have.

Robots are neat, though a little painful to get started in a new language, as always.

You either buy the phone outright or pay for it during the plan. You don't save money on the phone no matter what you do.

polvCwJ.gif

Today was the first time in my [bleep]ing life when I was approached by girls. Girls in plural. And it felt [bleep]ing amazing.

Now tomorrow I am going to book a time for my open knee surgery. Not cool.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

When the [bleep] did I post that last one?

And today, I just got a text from my roommate that said he was disappointed in me and that I broke the pact of friendship. I have no idea how, Ihave done much worse stuff to him and I don't even know what I did wrong.

Just after that girls from my previous class called me and asked me to join them. But I was already halfway to home and theoretically should have classes tomorrow.

Anyways, tomorrow is gonna be interesting.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Wrote that linear algebra midterm. Not as bad as I was expecting. On the downside, that studying consumed more time today than I was expecting, and work really piled up. I have a book report (paper) to write, and some calculus to do. If nothing else, I am going to sleep like a brick (or pass out). Actually afraid to close my eyes, two solid hours of math midterm really doesn't leave a lot of thinking left in the tank, so I'm also anticipating missing my morning classes to make sure my paper makes sense (I'm hoping I can get the computer to do my math. If I do it now, it's not going to make any sense when I wake up).

Planning!

Got offered a paid internship, but its not in my direct field of study and it pays a little less than my real job. I still might take it just to get my name in a study though. I feel bad though cause it might suit a child studies major better than myself.

Oh, and I have a proposed MA major - Interpersonal Organization Psychology. Which is the scientific touchy feely (read: more expensive and broad) version of being a Human Resourse Management major. Get on my level.

God I miss having a social life though.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

For this past week my university has been in a 600-man game of Humans vs. Zombies. This year I managed to stay alive the entire time without too much difficulty. My closest call was one mission that had us running around the entire campus looking for 10 flags. I had already found 2 of them and was trying to get into our University Center with my roommate to turn them in but zombies were guarding the entrance. There also happened to be a flag in that same area that we hadn't noticed and there was 4 or 5 zombies guarding that one. We were then spotted and chased down by an entire group for about a little less than a quarter mile but we made it inside the building.

Next year I plan on becoming a zombie on day one and just chase people down all week.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Turns out nothing serious happened.

Today, I am losing internet for a few days. Internet on my laptop, that is, my mobile net is almost always available :) . 

Can't decide whether to go out with just a few mates or to go to this chemists and phyiscists meeting party. I am neither of those, but I know lots of people there.

And I can't stop thinking about one girl...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Got my first ever wageslip today :D

Also got my first ever driving fine, was driving through york at the weekend and didn't realise I'd driven into a time-restricted zone until it was too late :S

Hooray for firsts I guess? :P

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!