Today...

Leoo

I can't imagine not rinsing dishes after washing them. Don't want to taste soap in my food.

So the hard part about rolling these dice is the recording part. My professor originally told people to just tally on a paper what numbers show up. This involves also tallying the sum of the three die, which takes a few seconds (which definitely is significant in this situation). But I didn't feel like writing tick marks down and doing all that shit. So I wrote a super quick program in Python so that now I just have to enter in the numbers that show up on the three dice (in a specific order) and it does everything for me. Definitely cuts the time down a lot!

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

There's no soap taste in the food, I guess it all slips down as it drips. Pretty sure there would be soap stains if there was soap staying on the dishes.

You guys and your Fahrenheit. :P

Yeah it is weird. 32 Degrees for freezing is and some number i forgot for boiling is harder to remember than it should be

You know what's easy to remember? 100 degrees for it's [bleep]ing hot, and and 0 degrees for it's [bleep]ing cold.

You know what's tough to remember? It's like 30 degrees is pretty hot, but it could be worse depending on where you are, wheras -10 is probably [bleep]ing cold, but I think maybe below zero is also pretty cold, I'm not sure?

You're right though, no one knows farenheit's boiling number, it's p. dumb.

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

457. No, wait...that has something to do with fire. :P

NOT ALL OF US HAVE DISHWASHERS YA KNOW!

:twss:

Just take your dishes down to the river and beat them against a rock with your laundry. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I just rinse my dishes right after eating with hot water. Easiest and quickest if you are living alone... No soap needed.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Really renewing my hatred of wireless technology, on the grounds that it's even less reliable than printing technology. The new internet seems to be fantastic, until you play an online game for an hour or two. My first thought was there might be an issue with the cable line itself, but it's definitely the router/modem combo. With that in mind, google tells me that this model is not known for quality wireless, and possibly in a more irritating manner than the last one. Messed around with some more settings, see if I can't get it to behave. If not, then I'm calling my new ISP to see if I can't get a standalone router out of them, or a different model of modem, because I can't have it taking a vacation sometimes several times an hour. I just want the combo modem I had a couple years ago, it was perfect (in so far as it actually worked, all day, every day, for at least a week at a time). If I have to get my own router, I'm going to find out what my parents have and see if they still exist, because their router is nearly flawless. It might need a reset once every 3 or 4 months, it's that solid (it is however only a G I think, but still, if that's the price of 99% functional technology, G it is).

I'm also lamenting all the inferior tech in the house, my phone included (I think). While I have this questionable device, I'd at least like to run it on a 5GHz channel to get away from the local interference (no one around here runs a connection in that band), but I don't think most of my housemates computers could actually connect if I did.

Boolean logic, logic gate implementations and boolean expressions from circuits. I have a perpetual question mark over my head.

Had a dinner with the flat at our SU. I think I was socially acceptable in that situation.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

My computer is, without tunneling through the walls, nearly 80 feet from the modem (I'm 3rd floor, it's 1st). The only way for me to solve that is to buy a coax sniffer and move the modem into my room (which is a tempting thought aside from the part where if anyone needs to reboot it and I'm not around, they would have to come into my room). What I am doing right now is repurposing the range extender as an access point, and I'm sad to say, the wireless extender is not as powerful a wi-fi device, so my speed is actually capped right now to 1-5 mbps just because the signal is weak. It should be enough for a game though, and test the theory that the modem is fine by the wifi is not, so I can ask Eastlink for a functional router, or failing that, buy one.

Boolean logic, logic gate implementations and boolean expressions from circuits. I have a perpetual question mark over my head.

Had a dinner with the flat at our SU. I think I was socially acceptable in that situation.

Haha. That's some fun stuff. I need to really start learning that (I have a few books on this topic), but I just can't find time...

Speaking of which, I'm writing an ARM emulator for a very specific piece of technology*. I know there's a few ARM emulators out there, but it's more work wrangling with them to work with me than it really should be. I can't even get SkyEye to compile on Ubuntu because of a conflict with GNU liberty. Blagh. Open source.

So far I've implemented about 20 instructions. Dreading to implement the MMU... ... ...

*: The piece of technology also includes a PPC processor, which is something else I'd like to integrate into my emulator if I can find time, but that's very low on my TODO list because it's genuinely unnecessary.

ozXHe7P.png

Bashed Asus on their Facebook page. Felt so good for once, and will probably delete it tomorrow, but still. Never buying a republic of gamers laptop again either, as I never game on a laptop, and just had so many issues with mine, that is 2 years old. Yet the old 7 year old Asus laptop that I used to have and that now my uncle has, still works like new, despite having one of the first Core 2 Duo processors (that doesn't support 64bit Windows). My ROG laptop needs a new motherboard but I decided to just get a keyboard, costs $300 less than another motherboard (even the ones found on Ebay). Got lucky that there's a second Power Button or else I wouldn't be able to turn it on at all. Even looking on the internet you can see that ROG laptops are plagued with issues. Anyway, I'm tired of this and will probably start saving money for a new laptop once I build a new desktop to replace my old half failed one that I built with the cheapest parts I could find 5 years ago (cost $600 and would still be a very decent gaming computer if it hadn't started failing).

After working with Dell computers for a while (I work as an IT Technician for a big company), I can see that their Precision series of laptops have a very low rate of failure, so that's probably what I'm going to save for, even if quite a lot of their other models seem to be failing often.