Today...

Leoo

Got elected service project officer for my honor society for next fall. I just hope that I'm not getting myself in too deep because I'm going to be technology chair for another organization I'm in next year as well but yolo i guess

in other news absinthe is [bleep]ing horrible

Ugh, I caved and bought 3 months of Runescape membership. Help me.

Huh, I thought you were a member all along :P That explains why it felt like I hadn't seen you around for a while.
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Got sick of drawing Feynman diagrams for physics homework. I bought some Cinnful Apple Angry Orchard hard cider, so I broke that open. Now I'll probably try and play some Smite.

Gotta write a paper tomorrow. Probably do a comparison between Arena and Ender's Game and the aliens in both.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Yeah it's not the only option. And i never said it was. You came up with that conclusion all by yourself.

Ok, but then you go on to say:

but i still maintain that in some situations it's the only way to handle things.

So which is it? Do you believe that the only two options in that kind of situation are to either do nothing at all or to go batshit crazy and start attacking people?

Considering that you just said:

That night i took my frustration out in a violent manner because i had already been irritated by the first event.

...I'm willing to guess that you know there is a better middle-ground option, but you didn't choose it because you were blinded by your emotions.

I'm pretty sure you would have been grateful if someone pulled those two off you (and i'm almost certain in that moment you would not have cared how it was done).

There's a difference between pulling those two people off him (peacefully resolving the conflict) and pulling those two people off him, and then proceeding to beat the shit out of them (using unnecessary violence to resolve the conflict).

When you say you rarely resort to violence, I have a very hard time believing that, based purely on the number of times you've posted on this thread that you resorted to violence. I'm even willing to accept that you have posted about every time you've done so, and it's still a ridiculous amount.

Twice must be a ridiculous amount then, lol. Because twice i've posted about me resorting to physical violence.

"Twice," in this context, is a lot. For some things, once is too many.

I'll give you a short answer:

That is your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But i don't have to care about it, which obviously i don't. I've made this clear numerous times, i don't understand why you're too thickheaded to understand that.

Apathy is so easy sometimes.

Hung out with a high school friend tonight, and played a non-DnD role playing game (Changeling). It was better than DnD, but still kind of awkward and not all that exciting. I think the biggest problem was the campaign though; literally none of our skills were useful, so we spent several hours making characters only to have most of what we did be completely useless. Whenever we needed to sneak, no one was around, whenever we needed to force entry, the door was open or someone was around, whenever we needed info, we could just find it without even having to look.

It made the actual "mystery" very boring, so the only interesting parts were the interactions between the PCs. All the tension came from that, there was never any external conflict we had to worry about.

I'm still kind of 'Meh' on the whole RPG thing. It could be good, but I've never played something I enjoyed with the exception of maybe Rusco back when the Falador Library was a thing.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Gah...

I decided to watch the TV show Firefly after many times being recommended to me. Watched the entire first season within three days, looked to find more seasons.

But there's only 14 episodes. I am extremely disapointed. I did find out there's a movie though, but after that I'll be disapointed again.

Why do shitty shows get millions of seasons but good shows don't? Live is not fair. God is dead. [bleep] everything.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Welcome to the club Giordano. Imagine the pain of watching the series on TV only to find ot was never picks up for a second season. The movie Serenity does an okay job of being a condensed second season though. I personally didnt like it because of the character rewrite in some cases but its better than nothing. We'll never know what made Booker so awesome at life :(

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

You need a solid DM and friends that don't suck

Got sick of drawing Feynman diagrams for physics homework. I bought some Cinnful Apple Angry Orchard hard cider, so I broke that open. Now I'll probably try and play some Smite.

Gotta write a paper tomorrow. Probably do a comparison between Arena and Ender's Game and the aliens in both.

my life

i love borat

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

That's it. I'm moving out and finding another appartment. Tired of getting complaints against me and that tennant also came to my door shouting at me. At least the landlord is on my side and won't charge me if I move out before the end of the period I'm supposed to be here.

complaints for what?

Noise. And I'm already doing what I can to not make any, even to the extent of using headphones to watch tv. Apparently I'm the third one that she drove crazy like that and I'm her last chance, if she does the same to the next tennant in the appartment I'm in, she's going to be kicked out. In other words she's complaining about me because I'm going to bed later than 10 at night.

I guess it's for the better though, it's an old building and everyone is crazy quiet. I like having some freedom and it's not something I could have here. It's an appartment I had found in a day when I moved to Quebec City, so just the first choice, which is a mistake I don't think I'll make again.

Bought my first ever bottle of Tabasco sauce. It is pretty expensive, but pretty good.

But it is definitely very vinegar-y.

In other news, today I swam in the local river for the first time during the night and for the first time since December without getting to sauna right afterwards. Water was maybe 6 degrees Celsius, but it sure is refreshing and beats the hell out of cold showers.

Also smoked a whole real Cuban cigar with a girl. Straight from Cuba, so I know it isn't counterfeit. It tasted pretty awesome, unlike cigarettes. I hate smoking otherwise, but I figured I should at least try a Cuban once, to get to know the good stuff. Or simply to have the experience.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

My weekend has been essectially perfect. La Dispute concery friday, got high after with the fellas, next day finished the other half of my rum from friday and saw Real Friends/Wonder Years with some of my other friends, then went back with my other crew to hang out again. Then Sunday comes up and I meet one of the coolest girls I've ever encountered. Ended up "sleeping" there and only managing to sleep about an hour. Worth it. Accidentally skipped all my monday classes. Oh well.

• Like 1

So apparently I'm the only person in the class to understand that midnight Tuesday is 1 minute after 23:59 Monday. Not 1 minute after 23:59 Tuesday. Unfortunately this is a group assignment, so we're losing 5%. Oh, and use case diagrams make no sense with only 1 actor.

Gay marriage is now permitted in the UK. It's also a sunny day outside, the sky isn't falling, there aren't any locusts buzzing around either.

Not as cataclysmic as some predicted, then.

For a brief period same-sex marriage was legal in the ACT here in Aus. Then it was made illegal again. While it was legal everything was fine, making it illegal again turned the country to shit.

I think the one thing we can agree on here is that a batchellors degree in psychology or political science is a good way to throw away 30k and still end up in a sales job

In Aus you don't start paying your debt until you're making over 40k/year. It's also all handled by the government (for now at least, anyway)

I'm saying that interacting with someone online can't fulfill one's social needs as well as interacting with someone in real life.

As an introvert, I disagree.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

So, for those of us in North America: We've got a Lunar eclipse to look forward to tonight, beginning at just after midnight (PST) or around 3 AM (EST).

I know! But its going to rain in Jersey that night so it might be too cloudy for me :(

So, for those of us in North America: We've got a Lunar eclipse to look forward to tonight, beginning at just after midnight (PST) or around 3 AM (EST).

I know! But its going to rain in Jersey that night so it might be too cloudy for me :(

Luckily, there are going to be three more visible from the Americas this year.

Luckily, there are going to be three more visible from the Americas this year.

For some reason, there is always some sort of storm or cloudy weather at night for me whenever there is a lunar eclipse. Hoping the next one breaks that trend. 

This afternoon i was Skyping with a school friend of mine. We went to Flight School together in the US, and he told me an interesting story one day. He told me that he had been having a lot of trouble focusing on certain subjects in Uni, so one night, about a week before his exam a friend suggested he take MDMA to help him focus. He told me that he took it, and only about 5 hours later he realised how much time had passed and how much progress he had made. Obviously i understand that it's not going to make you some sort of super-human and increase your brain functionality, but as he explained it, he said it seemed like everything else around him vanished and he was able to maintain his focus for so much longer.

I have exams coming up in about 5 weeks. I'm extremely stressed out about it, as i have a long history of anxiety when it comes to exams. And today when we were talking he reminded me of that story again and jokingly said that it might not be a bad option.

I'm not really well informed when it comes to drugs, i guess i was never really curious but if it's something that might make things a bit easier for me then i consider it an option. I considered Adderall, but that's not legal here either (for reason i don't know).

Anyone here have any experience with short term use of MDMA or use of it specifically for studying?