Today...

Leoo

Today: Fixing my brother's desktop. The HDD failed some time ago, and today he got a new ones, so I put it in for him. Windows 7 was being a jerk in both disk and USB form, so now I'm installing Vista just so I can kill it and install 7 for realsies. That desktop is 7 years old, and as of today, the only original part is the motherboard.

If I were to get a job, I think I would want it to be something like this, I like the problem solving. Even if the more frustrating problems are bound to result in homicides, the victims would mostly be annoying people.

If I had the capital, I'd drop out of Uni and start my own little PC shop.

Today: Fixing my brother's desktop. The HDD failed some time ago, and today he got a new ones, so I put it in for him. Windows 7 was being a jerk in both disk and USB form, so now I'm installing Vista just so I can kill it and install 7 for realsies. That desktop is 7 years old, and as of today, the only original part is the motherboard.

If I were to get a job, I think I would want it to be something like this, I like the problem solving. Even if the more frustrating problems are bound to result in homicides, the victims would mostly be annoying people.

I always recommend against installing vista then upgrading, a clean Windows 7 definitely is the best way to go, but if you can't this way, your way will have to do. I'm surprised it doesn't want to install directly Win 7, maybe it's just missing drivers? (which you can add during the install)

I always recommend against installing vista then upgrading, a clean Windows 7 definitely is the best way to go, but if you can't this way, your way will have to do. I'm surprised it doesn't want to install directly Win 7, maybe it's just missing drivers? (which you can add during the install)

Installing Vista wasn't the optimal choice, for sure, but it worked for what we had. I think there may have been something wrong with the first (TOTALLY LEGITMATE, NSA) disk. Ended up using an EXACTLY EQUALLY LEGIT disk, with a LEGIT activator thrown in to keep the key.

All in all, this took way longer than it would have if I'd known we had the official disk from the start. I guess this kind of thing is what happens when you gradually make a Frankenstein monster out of a comp that sucked even in 2007.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

One of my closest friends is planning on going to teach English in Korea for a year in August. He wants me to come with him though I'm on the fence about it. I'm not particularly fond of abandoning all of my goals for a full year, though I've always wanted to go abroad and explore >_> Hmm..........

77yLQy8.png

One of my closest friends is planning on going to teach English in Korea for a year in August. He wants me to come with him though I'm on the fence about it. I'm not particularly fond of abandoning all of my goals for a full year, though I've always wanted to go abroad and explore >_> Hmm..........

If you're not thrilled about teaching I wouldn't recommend something like that. You can always go visit him for a couple weeks while he's out there instead of completely uprooting yourself for a year.

If you're not thrilled about teaching I wouldn't recommend something like that. You can always go visit him for a couple weeks while he's out there instead of completely uprooting yourself for a year.

Just came home to find 3 Firetrucks, 7 Police Cars and a whole lot of civilian cars parked outside my house. Asked the neighbor if everything was alright but he seemed pretty dismissive. Probably because his wife was in the car and didn't have her face covered.

Hope everything is fine.

Probably because his wife was in the car and didn't have her face covered.

Sorry, I don't get it. Was she alright?

She's Muslim lol. No one except her husband and like direct family can see her without her abaya and hijab on.

I even tried my best not to let my eyes wander in her direction. Didn't want to like offend them or something.

Yeah that's kind of what I'm leaning towards. I'll probably go visit him for 2-4 weeks instead. If I enjoy it there then maybe I'll consider doing a full year after that.

you'll definitely enjoy it, i think. i spent a couple months there a couple years ago w/friends and it was great. it was p. mch my first time spending an extended amount of time in an actual city so that may have informed my opinion one way or another but still

korean food tastes so good for reals

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I would take any such a chance without a doubt. How often can you go to Korea?

I am completely wasted. On Meukow Cognac and smallbrewery beer. For free for me.

Tomorrow is gonna be awesome.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I'd side toward visiting extensively without moving. Best of both options. Plus if you really end up loving it, I'm sure your buddy wouldn't mind keeping you around a bit longer

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

What was it like being in a city where (I assume) you didn't know the language? >_>

my friend was korean and we were roommates so i picked a lot of basic stuff up through just chatting and also watching korean tv shows w/her.

in my experience tho, people were really patient and usually knew some english themselves so it wasn't bad at all.

i couldn't speak to what it would be like w/out a kinda guide to help out tho sorry : (

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Finally managed to get a prescription of Adderall Xr today. Cost me a whopping $1 for a whole month. Gotta love this country. Would have been closer to $200 anywhere else.

I spent about 15 minutes yesterday taking (see: failing miserably) a Wal-Mart telephone interview. I'd be surprised if I get asked to go in for a real interview, but it is Wal-Mart. I am also a lifetime 0-for-5 with placement agencies now. And to top it off, my sister finally realized just how difficult it is (psychologically speaking) for me to make a phone call.

Not a very good day. So i planned on writing my exams in Greece this month (17th - 23rd of June). I had some trouble enrolling for the exams because i had to wait a while to get the schedule. I finally got it last week Thursday, so today i decided to to to the Greek Embassy to apply for a VISA. I figured 2 weeks would be more than enough time, cause last time i got a Visitor's VISA it only took me 3 days. So 2 weeks should me more than enough, right?

So the guy tells me that i'll actually need a student VISA. He gives me the application along with a list of documents i'll need to provide with it. This list included the usual medical certificate to ensure i'm not going to go there and spread my plague, syphilis, tb, yellow fever, etc. a police clearance proving i don't have a criminal record, proof of medical insurance for the duration of my stay, bank statements, and so on.

All of that seemed pretty fair and easy to obtain except for the police clearance. Since i'm not a resident of Qatar, i'll have to provide them with a South African police clearance. Few years ago when my dad changed jobs he had to get the same thing, and it took him 3 months to get it. So i imagine that it would take me no less than that. 

So already i was a bit annoyed.

Then it turns out that the guy completely misunderstood what i was asking for. He thought i planned on going there, staying there for x-months, and flying there. My only plan is to go there for a week, write my exams and then come back. So i though problem solved.

I phoned them a few minutes later (i was already half way back home at this time) and asked told the same guy that i actually just needed to apply for a Visitor's VISA and his response was kind of weird, and to be honest i'm still confused by it. He said something along the lines of: "I can't give you a VISA with the current situation." So i asked him when i will be able to apply for one to which he responded "When the time comes we'll talk about it."

???????????????

So agitated... I've had to cancel my exams 4 times now because of stupid things beyond my control. 4 Months of wasting time. Tomorrow i am going back the the embassy and i'll just have to ask to speak to someone that doesn't speak in riddles. Hopefully i can manage to at least apply for one, and hopefully it doesn't take more than 3 weeks. I already accepted that i'll miss the exams for June, but hopefully i can get the VISA sorted and ready for July. It's going to be a close call though, cause on the 26th the embassy closes for the entire month of Ramadan. 

And on my way back home i was almost in an accident. Some guy in a pick-up tried turning left in a lane that only allows you to go straight, with me on his left also going straight. This was in/at a round-about. So we we're exactly going super fast but just fast enough. I had to slam on my breaks, he had to slam on his breaks and swerve out. He ended up driving over the curb, hitting a lamp post. I stopped my car, jump out and ran to his cat just to make sure he was okay. He starts yelling at me and swear at me, telling me i'm blind, i can't drive, etc. He grabs my by the neck and lift a clenched fist at me. I'm just kinda standing there thinking "I dare you."

A Traffic Police officer comes running over and without even saying anything just pushed this guy. He flies through the air, gets up. They start talking in Arabic, and i'm just kinda standing around wondering what to do. So after they were done talking the cop comes over to me and tells me everything is fine he saw everything happening so i just need to come to the police station and sign a few papers. The other guy started walking back to his car but was stopped before he got far. Cop put him in cuffs and started pushing him back to the police car. He asked the cop on duty with him to go move the car, and call someone to come replace him, and we were off. I'm not really sure what happened to the guy, but when we got the the police station my friend was on duty. He told me to just sign the papers and i can go home he'll take care of the rest. He called me back a while later and told me i'll find out what happened to the guy tomorrow, they need to wait for the Captain to come on duty and he's only going to be on duty tomorrow morning.

And to top it all off, when i got home i was locked out. I forgot the key to the gate in my room. I tried ringing the door bell but the maids probably didn't hear it cause the doorbell is shit and half broken. It was a lovely 47c outside, so i decided to jump the wall... the 10ft wall... 

My shirt get's caught on the little lamp thin on the wall and rips completely off my back. A shirt i only bought 3 days ago. And i likes it... a lot.

And someone also ate my lunch. I made some food just before i left for the embassy and when i got home it was gone. So i had to make myself a sandwich and the only thing i had to put on it was Peanut butter that started separating.

At least i know tomorrow is going to be a lot better than today.

• Like 1

I feel like Noxx just started the quest for the holy grail but got caught up by the stupid ass bridge troll

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

All I saw was a wall of letters.

Also, starting today I decided to cut all form of soft drink out of my diet. I've been doing well food-wise, but I need to get on top of this caffeine/sugar addiction. I don't enjoy having a fat face.

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3