Today...

Leoo

Weather finally hit 80 degrees Fahrenheit here and it's beautiful. I tried going for a run but I had a really strange pain in my knee. This is the second time this has happened in a row so I'm going to just take a week off and hope it heals a bit. Really going to miss the exercise though heh.

You guys are lucky, here it's lower than the normals, it's almost as if we're not going to have a summer here. Should be between 20 and 25 (Celsius) but hasn't hit 20 yet.

Alright this is getting frustrating. I dont have a job yet, and I'm out of school. Could ya'll like boost up your post counts? I'm soooo bored.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Was abroad this Saturday, visiting the six-toed ones (one old belief about Latvians). Suffice to say, the car ride was absolutely epic, 500 km's with great people.

Got invited to Latvia for this weekend aswell.

Somehow I have gotten over this epic unluck that fell on me earlier this week. Now I only worry about my last exam, which takes place tomorrow.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Alright this is getting frustrating. I dont have a job yet, and I'm out of school. Could ya'll like boost up your post counts? I'm soooo bored.

The logical solution to that problem would be for you to get a job, haha. :P

For [bleep]'s sake, it's been around 30 degrees here every day for the past week.

This is not normal.

Everyone is sunburnt and noone can live or do anything outside with that heat.

Lol 30 is... heat? 

It's been constantly 40+ here the past week or two and it's not even summer yet.

To be honest i've never cared to much about how hot it gets, its just when it starts getting to 80% + humidity i feel like it's a bit too much.

Well it is heat if you are used to living practically in the Arctic in summer.

I get maybe one week per year when it is 30+ degrees, except when I travel somewhere hot.

I would rather prefer -10 degrees than this heat. At least I can sleep at night that way.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Just applied for a warehouse job that I have a solid chance of getting. Not really my ideal job, but its 40hr/week @ $13/hr starting so I'm down. Anything to get me out of bed in the morning really.

• Like 1

Just applied for a warehouse job that I have a solid chance of getting. Not really my ideal job, but its 40hr/week @ $13/hr starting so I'm down. Anything to get me out of bed in the morning really.

I realize you did just graduate, but that really reinforces the whole psychology degree thing...

Good to hear. I remember when I was two years long-term unemployed and eventually got a job offer at a less-than-ideal place. It was probably the one thing that transformed my attitude towards life and my ambitions. Even if it's not ideal, it gives you structure and confidence and that makes such a difference at the end of the day.

I hope the application goes well and the job, if you get it.

• Like 1

I had no idea fire emblem had such a colorful fan message board

So a while back, I tried writing a story, and naturally, that didn't go anywhere. Giving it another shot, and it still might go nowhere, but I am enjoying the fact that I seem to have had an original thought. Had a dream last night that was pretty weird, like usual. And then I had another dream set in the same 'story', and managed to finish it up with a couple more semi lucid dreams also set in the same 'story'. My waking mind can't come up with an original story to save it's life, but my dreaming mind managed to cobble together a cohesive setting, a character with some character development, and rules for the world the story is set in. Of course, trying to make an actual story out of a few isolated scenes leaves a lot of important important information about the plot out of the story, but given that the story is being built out of crazy dream logic, that might not be a bad thing. Or maybe I'll be able to have more dreams in the same story and fill in some holes that way. In either event, I've been itching to do a little writing for a while, and now I have a story worth puzzling out.

• Like 1

Tonight we had to say goodbye to my friend's car. Kind of shitty what happened as well. It was about 11 Pm and we were on our way to a shisha "bar" (actually a restaurant but a shisha restaurant doesn't quite seem right). Anyway we were taking some back roads to avoid traffic. We get on to a road we usually take, but one we haven't been on for about a week or so. So we're driving (we were 7 people so we we actually had to go in 3 different cars since his car and my car aren't really made for more than 2 people). He was driving in the front followed by me and then my other friend following behind. We're just driving, around 80kmph. All of a sudden i see his car flying up in the air, crashes back to the ground and a second or two later comes to a standstill. I slam on my breaks, friend behind me slams on his. We get out and run towards his car. On the way there we notice a speed bump. 

So basically what happened is some time during the past 2 weeks they put a speed bump there and never bothered painting it (like 90% of the speed bumps in the country). The road is poorly lit as well due to no street lights and even with the best headlights you only see it once you're pretty much on top of it.

I'm no car expert but from what i could see the front of the car didn't look all that great. And from what the guy from the towing company said the car will never drive again, lol.

He has (used to have i guess) a BMW M5 Widebody. Also had it lowered a bit (or slammed, idk what the correct term is) so it was only about 5 or 6 inches off the ground, so that didn't help the situation either.

What's worse is that he's only had it for 3 and a half weeks. I feel so bad for him.

Also i'm kind of sad that we never got round to having our shisha.

That [bleep]ing blows

You know the funniest thing is earlier the night we were talking about how slow he has to go over even the smallest of speed bumps because of how low his car is and how inconveniently high some of the bumps are.

I somehow decided my time is better spent packing for when I leave halls on Saturday instead of revising for my exam tomorrow. For my first exam I completely cleaned my room, bathroom and kitchen. Why do I do this?!

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Did you bother checking if you are able to bill the city for repairs and stuff on your friend's car? I know I was able to bill the city for the $300 repairs on my car (2013 Sentra) caused by an unmarked very deep pothole.

If it's like he said how 90% are unmarked speed bumps and whatnot (plus if I'm right, the roads in that country aren't known for their reliability anyway) The city council wont do shit and just tell his friend "You should have watched where you're driving", which in a sense is true, but it's also retardedly dangerous to place speed bumps without any form of identification in the area that it's there, ESPECIALLY at nights.

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

Lol yeah. In some places the roads aren't all the great. Especially in the "older" parts of the country. And luckily the car insurance was full coverage, and the kind of insurance he had was amazing too. If the car's damage is over a certain amount, they pay for it entirely. If the car is either totaled or written off as totaled, the entire pay for current market value.

It's great for cars that cost a bit more to repair because i think once the damage on the car goes over $3000 you're fully covered, but anything below that you have to pay 50% of it or something. I'm not 100% sure but it's something like that.

So at least he's covered in that sense. I think even the customizations he made to the car (the body kit, the wheels, and a $2500 stereo system) is going to be covered. but i'm not sure.

It's just the fact that he's going to have to re-do everything that's annoying him. It took him about 3 months to sort everything out last time.

Today: Fixing my brother's desktop. The HDD failed some time ago, and today he got a new ones, so I put it in for him. Windows 7 was being a jerk in both disk and USB form, so now I'm installing Vista just so I can kill it and install 7 for realsies. That desktop is 7 years old, and as of today, the only original part is the motherboard.

If I were to get a job, I think I would want it to be something like this, I like the problem solving. Even if the more frustrating problems are bound to result in homicides, the victims would mostly be annoying people.

• Like 2

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.