Today...

Leoo

Another note, Seattle Pacific University had a shooting spree today. Both my Older brother and younger sister attended the school their freshmen year before transfer to the U. I was saddened about that news. 

Yeah, that was pretty spooky to hear about. I kept hearing people mentioning SPU around campus but didn't actually find out what happened until I got back to my room and checked the Internet. I don't know anyone who goes there, but it's only like a 10 minute drive away so I know a lot of people here knew students affected.

Yeah, you're really close. Luckily SPU is a pretty small campus in north Queen Anne, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been had it been in the U District. Are you guys still in school? 

Yep, today is the last day of actual instruction. Finals start tomorrow and continue 'til Friday.

On that note, I should probably stop messing around on the Internet and finish this essay.

@sbrideau you make it sound like life in jail is fun...

It's not fun by any means. It's just keeping someone in prison costs twice what I make in a year.

Sorry for double post, but there hasn't been a post all night.

Tomorrow I'm installing my new SSD in my desktop, with a Win 8.1 key I had on my new SSD I bought for the desktop. I have an old Crucial M4 in my laptop, but I bought a Crucial M500 for my desktop. Just went for it for the fact that it's kind of a budget SSD, also it was on a very good sale.

My girlfriend is having a graduation party tomorrow, going to her house and staying the night :thumbup:. She lives about an hour and a half away from me so I haven't seen her since senior week ended. Hopefully I'll get to see her more this summer, I really do like the girl.

Good for you, I hope you have a lot of good fun.

My girlfriend is having a graduation party tomorrow, going to her house and staying the night :thumbup:. She lives about an hour and a half away from me so I haven't seen her since senior week ended. Hopefully I'll get to see her more this summer, I really do like the girl.

Knock the bottom out of her, Rocc0.

Well, someone bumped into my car in the parking lot behind my apartment building.. Broke the driver side headlight and bent the fender and bumper. First time I'll have to deal with insurances in Quebec, so I'll see how they are. All I know is that in New Brunswick they were a real pain in the ass, to the point that I had to charge them back when they kept charging me even after I was insured in Quebec with the new insurance.

At 7am it was already 35C outside. It's 11:30 now, i'm dying to have a cigarette but i'm too scared to go outside. I don't want to like...melt or something.

Then get an ecig and smoke inside? That's what I'd do.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Woke my mom up at 4am coming home drunk. Womp womp. But its carnival week starting now amd my buddy turns 21 on friday. Its going to be hhappening a lot this week lol

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

They're banned here, for some really odd reason. I don't think you can have them imported either, because it will get confiscated at customs (and you might have to pay a hefty fine as well). I think the only way to get one is to buy one if you just so happen to travel abroad. 

They're banned here, for some really odd reason. I don't think you can have them imported either, because it will get confiscated at customs (and you might have to pay a hefty fine as well). I think the only way to get one is to buy one if you just so happen to travel abroad. 

Are the taxes on tobacco high where you live? That might be a reason.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I'm actually not sure what the tax rate on it is. From what i know there's something like a 30% import duty and that's it. Average pack of cigarettes costs around $2.50 (Marlboro, Dunhill, etc).

But yeah i always had a theory that the reason they don't want to sell e-cigarettes was because people would stop buying cigarettes which is an extremely profitable business here seeing as probably half the country smokes and because people would smoke in malls etc.

We already have people smoking in malls at like a Starbucks/Costa, etc. They use the little "No Smoking" signs on the table as an ashtray... 

I'm actually not sure what the tax rate on it is. From what i know there's something like a 30% import duty and that's it. Average pack of cigarettes costs around $2.50 (Marlboro, Dunhill, etc).

But yeah i always had a theory that the reason they don't want to sell e-cigarettes was because people would stop buying cigarettes which is an extremely profitable business here seeing as probably half the country smokes and because people would smoke in malls etc.

We already have people smoking in malls at like a Starbucks/Costa, etc. They use the little "No Smoking" signs on the table as an ashtray... 

Ugh, $7.50 a pack for the bottom shelf here. Then again, at least it is't NYC. $11 a pack is just painful. Honestly one of the best reasons to quit is the cost though.

-----

Anyways, today was a pretty interesting day. Woke up at 4pm as I do. Ended up going to a free concert that coincidentally my step-sister was also going to. Which was weird, since despite the fact that we've lived in the same house for like 5 years now, we've never hung out like at all. Turns out she's actually super cool though. Weird how I could live in the same place as someone for so long and literally know next to nothing about them. We're both DJ's at a radio station which happened independently of each other and we found out after we had started doing it and we have a bunch of other shit in common.

Basically we're probably going to end up drinking together somewhat regularly in the future and maybe get high together at some point in the future, if I start doing that again.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Ugh, $7.50 a pack for the bottom shelf here. Then again, at least it is't NYC. $11 a pack is just painful. Honestly one of the best reasons to quit is the cost though.

Yeah i remember 2013 23rd Dec i had to catch a flight back from home Via Orlando - NY - Dubai. Flight in Orlando was delayed which meant i missed my connection in NY. Anyway had to spend the night there and really needed a smoke. Hotel i was staying in was selling for $14 a pack. It broke my heart but gotta feed that addiction.

And if i remember correctly the Marlboro i used to smoke in the US was also around $6. I guess that's a bit better than $7.50 at least. 

Don't date your step sister skull. That would be weird.

• Like 1

Don't date your step sister skull. That would be weird.

Yeah, I think that would qualify as pretty [bleep]ing weird.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I applied for another local PC technician job since the one I applied to over two weeks ago hasn't contacted me back at all (despite me feeling very qualified and excited for it).

This one I applied for today I'm even more confident and excited about because I feel comfortable with all the requirements except one, which is easily something I can learn on the job. Plus, it says the current employees are getting paid close to $30/hr. That would really be sweet. So I'm hoping I get it. My fingers are crossed.

Plus, I'm tired of sitting on my ass all day. I want to make money so I can move into my own place.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I applied for another local PC technician job since the one I applied to over two weeks ago hasn't contacted me back at all (despite me feeling very qualified and excited for it).

This one I applied for today I'm even more confident and excited about because I feel comfortable with all the requirements except one, which is easily something I can learn on the job. Plus, it says the current employees are getting paid close to $30/hr. That would really be sweet. So I'm hoping I get it. My fingers are crossed.

Plus, I'm tired of sitting on my ass all day. I want to make money so I can move into my own place.

If you don't get news, call them afte that 2 weeks and ask them what's going on with your application. Worst they can answer is that you don't get the job, but at least they see you're motivated to get the job and you then have a better chance of getting it if they have a positive or neutral answer.

Welp, academically-speaking, I think I'm finally done with my freshman year of college. I just finished a huge portfolio assignment thing for English that I had like 2 and a half weeks to work on but I started yesterday that's due in less than an hour. I've written so much in the past 24 hours that sentences just look bizarre and I'm over-scrutinizing every single thing I write. I really hope I 4.0 the class, but if not whatever. I put a ton of effort in and I feel okay with saying that I'm done working. My parents come to town tomorrow, which is when I'll start moving everything out of my room here so I can go back home. Moving all my stuff from the 10th floor where there are 2 elevators being used by everyone else who's moving out is gonna be torture itself, but oh well.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my first year of college. I met some great people and made a lot of awesome memories while gaining a bunch of good life experience. I successfully got a part-time job and did well enough in it that I moved up the ranks a bit and have a year-round position for next year that actually pays more than minimum wage! Grades for this quarter haven't been posted yet, but right now I'm holding a cumulative 3.76 GPA and I don't expect that to change too much when new grades come out next week. I also had a fair share of annoyances, disappointments, etc this year, but hey, that's life. I'm anxious for a lot of things that are going to happen next year, but I should still be pleased with where I got myself.

Part of me absolutely loves summer, but another part of me really hates it. I'm hoping that my friendships from high school are going to continue on during break, and that I meet some new people as well -- but it's hard when people are growing up now and becoming so busy and preoccupied with other things. I've got some creative projects bouncing around in my head that I'm looking forward to starting, and some vacation plans that I'm also looking forward to. I'm gonna try my hardest to do some awesome things this summer that make me think "hey, I spent my time well" when I look back at the time period. I'll try my hardest not to fall into the trap of mind-numbing Internet browsing that tends to happen when I let myself get bored.

Sorry for rambling. I've got a bunch of stuff on my mind, and TIF will forever be my outlet for stuff like this. Pretty wild that I've been here for like seven years of my short life. <3 u all 5eva

• Like 3

The funny thing is, after a year or two, you start dreading seeing your old high school friends (except for the super duper close ones). I remember the summer after my freshman year, it was all about reunions with high school friends. But after that, I made much better friends with people at college and my high school friends changed so much that seeing them is awkward and I avoid it as much as possible.

Glad to hear you are doing well academically and that you did well on the social-front, making new friends and all. That's awesome.

• Like 1

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I already started dreading them around Christmas. Everyone wants to be friends in words and then when you plan doing something, nobody joins. Everyone has gotten better friends from university.

Freshman year has been... tumultuous. Pretty wacky. No regrets.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Am I the only one around here that made real friends in high school?