Today...

Leoo

Don't you dare speak an ill word about beer ever again.

Get upon my tequila levels s0n.

I'm so burned out this weekend. One of my friends is dating a rather ....well-off guy, and he shouted us a massive dinner last night at a restaurant + drinks on top of other meals all weekend.

Popoto.~<3

I'm gonna need at least a week of resting time before I want to drink anything again...

Mate owns me a crate and a half of beer, should be ok with that.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

So I'm going for a run this morning and two (adults) on bicycles are behind me talking about how I'm running as fast as they're biking...ironic since I think a healthy person can easily bike 2-3x as fast as I could hope to run.  And then a car starts tailing all of us for some unknown reason.  A picture would have been hilarious.

They were obviously all mesmerized by how well and how fast you run :)

And yeah, after not biking for what might have been a couple years, I was able to sustain 25-30km/h on level ground (on crusher dust).

My friends decided we're going to start a podcast called "drinking in suburbia" where we rate bottom shelf liquors by speed of retardation, taste and price. We'll likely alsobe talking about obscure metal bands. It'll be fun.

• Like 2

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

So I'm going for a run this morning and two (adults) on bicycles are behind me talking about how I'm running as fast as they're biking...ironic since I think a healthy person can easily bike 2-3x as fast as I could hope to run.  And then a car starts tailing all of us for some unknown reason.  A picture would have been hilarious.

They were obviously all mesmerized by how well and how fast you run :)

And yeah, after not biking for what might have been a couple years, I was able to sustain 25-30km/h on level ground (on crusher dust).

Haha thanks.  We have different units here but I run slightly under 8 miles/hr, and when I did a stationary bike I could sustain 20, with some effort.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I dont understand why the hiring process is so [bleep]ing complicated in the real world. I hired dozens of people and all it took was a couple of signatures. I try to get a jib and everybody jerks me around with all this bull shit like "come in for an interview" and "congratulations you got the job" when neither are true. Its [bleep]ing stupid.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

some dude who lives in the same cluster as me in my dorm got [bleep]in' arrested/detained by the university police department for forcing his hand over the mouth of some girl lmao wtfff

sort of a shock to wake up to police banging on the door. i came out of the bathroom in my underwear, awkwardly stared at the two cops, and walked back to my room

it's weird cuz he seems like a nice guy (he's this gay asian dude from san francisco) but he apparently has a history of getting really drunk and verbally (and now physically i guess) abusing people

Just went swimming again. Temperature's in the 30s (F), so basically just above freezing. >_>

I've only been staying in the water for around 2 minutes. I'd love to stay longer because it feels amazing and I don't feel like my body's in any danger while I'm swimming... but I'd still rather be safe than sorry. I need to have a friend come "spot" me sometime and see if I can stay in for 5-10 minutes without anything bad happening lol.

Anyways, right now as soon as I get out of the water I feel amazing and invigorated... and then immediately the freezing cold weather starts taking its toll on me and I rush inside as quickly as possible lol. My hands are still numb right now as I'm typing this >_> I need to figure out a way to make the transition from pool to indoors more pleasant/safe. Might just have to bring a jacket, gloves,etc. for when I get out of the water but that's so lame :|

Did some Googling:

0-11 DEGREES: Freezing.

Jumping in likely to impair breathing in the uninitiated, as breath comes in big jolting grasps and it feels like someone has clamped on an ice neck brace. Water has bite, skin smarts and burns. This is winter swimming. Limbs soon become weak - 25 metres can be an achievement - and only takes a minute or two at the lower end of temperatures before skin becomes a lurid purple-orange-red when you exit.

That said, the joy of swimming without a wetsuit at this end of the temperature spectrum is the cold water high: the pure exhileration and rush of endorphins that you get from getting in. Winter swimmers frequently become addicted to it, and it is sufficiently powerful that a 1-2 minute swim can leave you feeling good all day. Anecdotally winter swimming clubs like Serpentine Swimming Club and Tooting Bec Swimming Clubs report increased immunity and fewer colds. Swimming also improves circulation: regular outdoor swimmers tend to have very firm skin right into their 60s.

77yLQy8.png

Installed almost two years worth of windows updates today

The second years' worth probably just straightened out the bugs in the first year worth so it might as well be a wash anyway.  :P

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Just went swimming again. Temperature's in the 30s (F), so basically just above freezing. >_>

I've only been staying in the water for around 2 minutes. I'd love to stay longer because it feels amazing and I don't feel like my body's in any danger while I'm swimming... but I'd still rather be safe than sorry. I need to have a friend come "spot" me sometime and see if I can stay in for 5-10 minutes without anything bad happening lol.

Anyways, right now as soon as I get out of the water I feel amazing and invigorated... and then immediately the freezing cold weather starts taking its toll on me and I rush inside as quickly as possible lol. My hands are still numb right now as I'm typing this >_> I need to figure out a way to make the transition from pool to indoors more pleasant/safe. Might just have to bring a jacket, gloves,etc. for when I get out of the water but that's so lame :|

Did some Googling:

0-11 DEGREES: Freezing.

Jumping in likely to impair breathing in the uninitiated, as breath comes in big jolting grasps and it feels like someone has clamped on an ice neck brace. Water has bite, skin smarts and burns. This is winter swimming. Limbs soon become weak - 25 metres can be an achievement - and only takes a minute or two at the lower end of temperatures before skin becomes a lurid purple-orange-red when you exit.

That said, the joy of swimming without a wetsuit at this end of the temperature spectrum is the cold water high: the pure exhileration and rush of endorphins that you get from getting in. Winter swimmers frequently become addicted to it, and it is sufficiently powerful that a 1-2 minute swim can leave you feeling good all day. Anecdotally winter swimming clubs like Serpentine Swimming Club and Tooting Bec Swimming Clubs report increased immunity and fewer colds. Swimming also improves circulation: regular outdoor swimmers tend to have very firm skin right into their 60s.

Yeah better safe than sorry. I may try to swim at my buddy's pond this weekend, it'll probably be below zero out...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

We used to go swimming in the river. 2 kilometers from my home. 5 minutes is not extreme.

In other news, yesterday went to me mates place and we ended up drinking until 7.30 AM.

Needless to say, today was wasted.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Tomorrow is going to be crazy. Just finished my 7 page philosophy paper that's due tonight, then I register for next quarter's classes at 6AM (and hope I get in to everything I need), then I have two really important midterms (math and philosophy but namely math) that I need to do really well on but as of now I am quite shaky on. Then after that I have to go straight to the high school I'm mentoring for for like 3 hours... then I'm seeing Julian Casablancas and Mac DeMarco that night! I'm really excited for that. Okay I have to study more now [bleep]

Just got out of the pool, except this time I brought a wife beater, a long-sleeve shirt, a sweater, and my jacket to wear on my way back to my place after getting out of the water. Kept me nice and warm. Who would've thought that layers would keep me warmer than walking home shirtless? :D

Since it was cold all day today though, and not just at night, the water actually did shock me a little bit this time. I also took a hot shower just before getting in to prep myself, though that might also be why the water felt so cold. Anyways I only stayed in for about 30 seconds instead of my usual 2 minutes, because I was genuinely worried that staying in much longer might start to be unhealthy lol. Tomorrow night I'll skip the hot shower and stay in a little while longer, knowing that my 4 layers of clothing will keep the hypothermia at bay :P

77yLQy8.png