Today...

Leoo

Get a water filter dude

A water filter is what, like $50 for 50 gallons worth?  It still costs money.  And I'm not sure how much I trust in those things to take out lead, for example.  Or bacteria accumulating in the filter that could make me sick.

Regardless of other concerns, that is a dollar or less per gallon, which is much cheaper then purchasing the bottled water otherwise.

$1.57 is what I pay.  As to what makes me think that...well, the water company is sending us a pamphlet explaining to us that the amount of lead in the water makes it unsafe to drink and all of their grand plans to fix it (most likely to justify hiking up the price of tap water, ha!)  :rolleyes: .

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Invest in an office water cooler. Its expensive, but it filters some damn fine water. Damn fine.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I really don't drink anything besides water (or 1% milk in my cereal (or maybe 3 beers/week)). I cut out sugary drinks ages ago. I just eat a TON (not literally) of food at night. It's really only at night, too. I think that if I ate like I ate at night like I eat during the day, I'd be a healthy weight.

Related: I tried an asiago bagel today. It was delicious. I used to be a member of the everything cult too, but damn, that was one fine bagel.

Unrelated: I got what was probably the worst haircut I've ever gotten in my life ~an hour ago. I'm going to ask my brother to buzz my hair when he gets home. I'd do it myself, but I don't trust myself to get the back right. If he messes up, I'll just shave it. Honestly, I think I'd prefer a shaved head to my current haircut.

Got accepted to go to the AIPAC conference in December. They're paying for flight+hotel which is nice. I'm actually using the flight arrangements so that instead of flying back to college, my end destination would be my home so I can skip out on having to book a flight using my money to get home. It's a win win situation :D

• Like 1

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

The answer is: it doesn't really matter (for the most part) because eating the right number of calories will dwarf the other effects.

If you insist on analyzing though: a low fat diet isn't going to help you if you just eat a ton of carbohydrates, for example.  It also depends on what kind of sugar, fiber.  For example eating a bag of candy is sugar, and eating some fruit is sugar, but the fruit is better for you, if only for the fact that it will have vitamins (and fiber).  When people say fiber is good for you, it's only soluble fiber that really gets absorbed.  If you eat a lot of insoluble fiber, that's great, but your body doesn't really process much.  So it's a more complicated question.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Here is a question to any TIF member reading this.

All foods ultimately become sugar, fats, and proteins. Assuming you have a sedentary lifestyle what percentage of your diet should be each.

ie:

sugar 33.3%, fats 33.3%, proteins 33.4%

or

sugar 60%, fats 10%, proteins 30%

What does TIF think the balance should be.

I personally would think, for a sedentary person you'd probably want about 30% Sugar(carb). 30% fat, and 40% protein.

If I remember correctly though the food guide (in Canada) recommends like 50% Sugar, 20%fat and 30% protein. Although we all know that following the food guides exactly keeps you at healthy weights.....

The answer is: it doesn't really matter (for the most part) because eating the right number of calories will dwarf the other effects.

If you insist on analyzing though: a low fat diet isn't going to help you if you just eat a ton of carbohydrates, for example.  It also depends on what kind of sugar, fiber.  For example eating a bag of candy is sugar, and eating some fruit is sugar, but the fruit is better for you, if only for the fact that it will have vitamins (and fiber).  When people say fiber is good for you, it's only soluble fiber that really gets absorbed.  If you eat a lot of insoluble fiber, that's great, but your body doesn't really process much.  So it's a more complicated question.

This also. Although if the 4 hour body (book by Tim Ferris) can be trusted a person eating a 1000 k/cal a day starvation diet of only carbohydrates will actually gain weight.

I've run for a while and can't get close to 5 minutes a mile :/.  I'm probably not doing the right thing to train or pushing it hard enough (I don't want an injury, just the exercise) though.

But on topic, ok then, I guess candy with a vitamin supplement = just as good/bad for you as the equivalent serving of fruit?  Is it really that simple?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Unrelated: I got what was probably the worst haircut I've ever gotten in my life ~an hour ago. I'm going to ask my brother to buzz my hair when he gets home. I'd do it myself, but I don't trust myself to get the back right. If he messes up, I'll just shave it. Honestly, I think I'd prefer a shaved head to my current haircut.

I buzzed my head. It's 1000x better than the previous haircut. I did most of it by myself and then my brother got home and he got a few spots on the back that I missed.

When I was younger, I ate so many bananas that when I got routine blood work done one time, I had abnormally high potassium levels. It was enough to be concerning, but not enough to actually do anything. I don't eat bananas that much any more.

There was a guide to food craving I saw a while back that was interesting. It had a bunch of stuff like "do you want crunchy? Eat something high in iron and calcium". I've never cared too much about controlling my diet outside of "that looks disgustingly unhealthy" but some quick googling could probably find you the guide I mentioned. Im just lazy and on my mobile

The employees at the local convenience store treat me like their best friends for some reason  :-k .

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Yesterday I went to Krispy Kreme @ 7 Am & stayed till 12 Pm (1 extra Hour). Went to the Bank to make a withdrawl. Went to Walmart @ 1 Pm. It was pretty busy. I got off at 10 Pm & my car wouldn't crank up. I called AAA since I thought it was the battery to get it to Start. They said it wasn't the battery & was something with the Fuel. I got Gas on Monday night I think. I called my parents & my mom said they would come get me. My dad sprayed some fuel injector fluid & it cranked up but it wouldn't idle for long. He said it could be the fuel filter or the fuel pump. I had to call Krispy Kreme to call out of work today obly 4 hours :(

Today my friend called this morning & said she could give me a ride to Krispy Kreme tomorrow morning but might be working in the afternoon. Going to get my car towed to a shop to see whats wrong with it.

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

I have a 2013 car, not going to have any problems any time soon. Then again never had any problems with the 2001 Toyota Echo I previously had. I feel for you though with this kind of trouble.

I just put $300 into new drive wheel tires and installation only to find out my passenger wheel mount is bent. About 10-15 degrees. I'm just gonna live with it. I'm not dumping another $150 on a new wheel housing