Today...

Leoo

Today was a small miracle of nature: two weeks later, patches of sidewalk have begun to become visible again! Seriously though, cities have to find some way to motivate people to shovel their sidewalks. And if you are going to shovel your sidewalk (props to you), please put some salt on so it doesn't turn into a skating rink. Otherwise leave an inch of snow on there so we can actually walk without risking breaking our necks.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Where I am from also has an ordinance, and probably here as well. In an ideal world the city would fine the citizens and use the money to pay for someone else to do the snow removal, but I think we all know why that would never work.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

We have about the same rule, and it is enforced even.

And if someone happens to fall or something happens on a pedestrian sidewalk, the one who should have taken care of it can be sued for pretty much. And that's coming from a country where we have no such legal habits like you do.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

We have about the same rule, and it is enforced even.

And if someone happens to fall or something happens on a pedestrian sidewalk, the one who should have taken care of it can be sued for pretty much. And that's coming from a country where we have no such legal habits like you do.

That would seem to be the adequate legal recourse - I'm not sure if that applies or how much luck you would have with it in the USA.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Almost done at work for the day, and apparently this New 3DS arrived while I was out. Not meant to come out till the 13th, so I'm not complaining. :>

e:

YAY:

B9lkpOrIUAAwK93.jpg

B9lkpPzIYAAOo3D.jpg

• Like 2

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

My city plows the sidewalks as part of municipal taxes. I think they started doing that for everyone last year, and it was pretty popular. I don't think everyone gets it on day one, though where my house is, we've only had it happen once that we had to wait a night (there was just too much snow, and it slowed them down). It's a pretty awesome service.

As I understand it, if someone slips and falls in front of a house, the homeowner is liable, so there is some incentive to do things like salt. This is of course in addition to any innate desire to be able to walk out your own front door without dying yourself.

Today was a small miracle of nature: two weeks later, patches of sidewalk have begun to become visible again! Seriously though, cities have to find some way to motivate people to shovel their sidewalks. And if you are going to shovel your sidewalk (props to you), please put some salt on so it doesn't turn into a skating rink. Otherwise leave an inch of snow on there so we can actually walk without risking breaking our necks.

I once went on a German exchange where the moment I go to my exchange partner's house in suburban Hamburg I was made to shovel the sidewalk and road of snow and ice for about 2 hours. Wilkommen aus Deutschland. 

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I think ezee or someone bonez or someone is even younger.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Yearly post about how it's my birthday so Rob (if he still browses here) is once again in sole possession of the youngest OT poster belt.

Happy birthday :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I'm planning on getting that 3DS When EB games eventually stock the damn thing...

Good luck. Seems that there wasn't that many of them made. Only reason I picked up a preorder is because I was doing email-related work stuff when I got an email saying preorders were available, I think they vanished in about 15 minutes.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Yearly post about how it's my birthday so Rob (if he still browses here) is once again in sole possession of the youngest OT poster belt.

I was about to say how I'm younger, then I realized I turned 21 a few weeks ago.

Feelsbadman.jpg

j0xPu5R.png

Even I am only 20.

God damn, that Riga plan has changed, for the worse. Seems like I can't be there, or at least for 2 days.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I read an article in The New Yorker today and was astonished at how pretentious it is. The worst thing is the way they avoid a diphthong: rather than use the modern hyphen to separate vowel sounds (e.g. re-education), they do it in the French way (reëducation). It's so pedantic and 19th century. 

Also, the articles are too long. They take a lot of words to say very little. 

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

GOD you Brits take forever to say nothing!

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

*Italian (Sicilian) living in Britain. 

Otherwise, what I was essentially saying is OMG the New Yorker is so try hard - I never knew lololol.

I cant tell you how many symposiums and papers I've submitted that sounded like huge run on sentences mashed with big words for the sake of big words. Apparently being concise != intelligent

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn