Today...

Leoo

I have a new favourite food.

My chilli with rice.

Sad part is that it takes ~2 hours to cook...

Tonight it's gonna be fun. Last night of the holidays, the city will be packed tonight. Starting off with a few games of quarter and then we'll see what might happen :)

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I have a new favourite food.

My chilli with rice.

Sad part is that it takes ~2 hours to cook...

Step 1: Buy a giant pot

Step 2: Buy lots of ingredients:

Step 3: Make lots of chili with pot + ingredients

Step 4: Store the chili for later comsumption

Step 5: ????

Step 6: Profit

Step 7: Rinse + Repeat

Got my first pay check from my driving job. 6 shifts, 2 weeks = $317 after taxes. Boooo

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Got my first pay check from my driving job. 6 shifts, 2 weeks = $317 after taxes. Boooo

Taxes will make a conservative out of you yet.

I paid quite a bit of federal taxes this year. It really bums me out.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

You got 300 bucks for 2 weeks?

We get 300 bucks for a month.

Food costs the same.

Living costs pretty much the same.

So you live in a [bleep]ing dream.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I said pretty much the same.

Nearly everything here costs about as much as it costs in Germany.

For electronics, clothing, furniture it costs even more here.

Food is depending on the article, around the same, a bit cheaper or even a bit more expensive. Mostly still a wee bit cheaper.

And our salaries are half the ones in Germany.

It is the first time in two decades that there is serious debates about elections. People are worried. And people are interested.
Because joining the euro-zone has doubled the cost of living. While salaries have risen around 15-20%.

People are understandably upset.

If Estonians were even a tiny bit as temperamental as the Greeks, for example, we'd have had at least 2 civil wars by now.

We are screwed and young people don't even consider the country in their future plans.

So don't come complaining about your taxes or whatever if you earn 300 bucks for 2 bloody weeks.

I earn maybe 300 bucks a month and that is very barely enough for my rent. I work abroad on summers to earn money to pay back all my loans for the previous year.

#endrant #[bleep]ingdrunk

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

$300 and youre barely making rent there Saq? My friend lives in a literal closet in a tiny town house for $400/month. And thats not including water, electric, food, or heat. Cost of living is ludicrous in America.

$150/week to me covers my bills and puts gas in my car. Looks like I'm budget eating for a while until my other jo picks up again .

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

At Nestlé I was making $300 every week if I did 40 hours. We had ~$700 in rent, and had to pay all utilities separate. It would have been tough had I lived alone, but we were splitting it 4 ways.

3 weeks ago, my grandma (father's mom) died. Last week my uncle (mother's side, related through marriage) died. Neither one was particularly surprising (she was 83 and recently diagnosed with cancer; and he had been in hospital for almost a month) but still.

I've also been out of work for 2 months since they closed one of their locations and I was near the bottom of the seniority list. I've been looking, but with Target pulling out of Canada I've got a few thousand other people to compete with now.

At Nestlé I was making $300 every week if I did 40 hours. We had ~$700 in rent, and had to pay all utilities separate. It would have been tough had I lived alone, but we were splitting it 4 ways.

I'm not sure why I said $700. At that time we were paying a little over $1000/month for rent (with bills adding an extra ~$1000 most months). The $700 is for the townhouse I live in now (and the bills add ~$300).

Do I need to drag Australia's cost of living into this? Our technology ALONE says enough...

From what i've heard the living cost in Aus is pretty damn high. I feel like we're in similar boats. My ex-girlfriend's mother used to pay around $1 700 a month for their (tiny) 2-bedroom apartment. My room alone is probably the size of half of the apartment. We pay just short of $4 000 a month for the house we live in currently. It's a lot bigger (~500sq.m), but i still don't think it justifies the price we pay for it. Our house back in South Africa was around 550sp.m on a 1 600sq.m land and iirc we considered renting it out instead of selling it (when we moved to Qatar) and from what i remember the Real-estate Agents told us we could get a maximum of $2 000 a month (at that time) for the house. One of my friends (in Qatar) currently lives in a house that's going for around $9 000 a month. It's slightly bigger than the one i live in, but it's in the "better" part of the country. Regardless, i don't ever see that being worth it.

For the average "western" family it's not a major issue. Most companies either provide accommodation, or give you a housing allowance (which is according to your pay-scale). But for non-western families it can be an issue. Salaries here are largely dependent on your passport, meaning (for example) an American is likely to get a much higher salary than an Indian in the exact same position. 

On a slightly different note, last year October my dad was "laid off" from the company where he worked. He worked for the royal family's airline, which "merged" with Qatar Airways (again). As a result, most of the Emiri Flight (that's the name of the royal family's airline) got laid off. The reason behind this kind of goes with what i said about salaries being dependent on your passport. Qatar Airways' staff is, for the most part, Indian, Pakistani, and Filipino. Emiri Flight's finance department was, for the most part, western. The Senior Financial Officer from Qatar Airways, even though he's doing the exact same job as my dad (who was SFO for Emiri Flight), earns just a bit less than half of what my dad and he has worse benefits as well. My dad had a pretty high housing-allowance as well as 3 First Class air-tickets for himself and 2 for my mom per year, which he could exchange for the money instead (which he usually did). That alone came to around 1 and a half months' salary. In Qatar Airways you're not able to exchange it for the money, so it's use it or lose it. Their housing allowance is also about halved. 

I said pretty much the same.

Nearly everything here costs about as much as it costs in Germany.

For electronics, clothing, furniture it costs even more here.

Food is depending on the article, around the same, a bit cheaper or even a bit more expensive. Mostly still a wee bit cheaper.

And our salaries are half the ones in Germany.

It is the first time in two decades that there is serious debates about elections. People are worried. And people are interested.

Because joining the euro-zone has doubled the cost of living. While salaries have risen around 15-20%.

People are understandably upset.

If Estonians were even a tiny bit as temperamental as the Greeks, for example, we'd have had at least 2 civil wars by now.

We are screwed and young people don't even consider the country in their future plans.

So don't come complaining about your taxes or whatever if you earn 300 bucks for 2 bloody weeks.

I earn maybe 300 bucks a month and that is very barely enough for my rent. I work abroad on summers to earn money to pay back all my loans for the previous year.

#endrant #[bleep]ingdrunk

The euro is a con which keeps German exports competitive whilst screwing over virtually every other member - including France these days. 

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

hon hon hon baguette baguette croissant. 

Apparently the real estate for the place I'm looking it is literally opposite where I'm living, so I'm going to chat to them tomorrow and sort out something, otherwise hope to [bleep] another place like it pops up around March.

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

Shop at the end of my road was robbed on friday, and a fella was shot dead on saturday night another few minutes away.
Then somebody started banging VERY loudly on my door last night around 1am.

Goddammit I don't wanna die yet

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Shop at the end of my road was robbed on friday, and a fella was shot dead on saturday night another few minutes away.

Then somebody started banging VERY loudly on my door last night around 1am.

Goddammit I don't wanna die yet

"Would you mind sparing a minute while i tell you about our Lord and Savior Jesus?"

• Like 1

So the plans for Seattle have been put on hold for now. I think it can be done...but Michelle and I would be struggling so much I don't think it would be worth it. New plan is to move out still, but to Blacksburg Virginia. I will be attending New River Community College this fall to major in Instrumentation and Automation Control Technology. Very cool job, and doesn't take all that long to learn (2 year degree). Michelle and I are so excited to be moving out, we cannot wait start this \o/

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Received confirmation from the doctors that my just-turned-13 sister has Lupus.

Lupus

Good news is that she just developed it like, last month. Most people don't discover it for 10-20 years after they have it, at which point the organ damage is out of control. Her kidney biopsy came back clean. 

I'm praying she'll have as normal a life as possible.

So the plans for Seattle have been put on hold for now. I think it can be done...but Michelle and I would be struggling so much I don't think it would be worth it. New plan is to move out still, but to Blacksburg Virginia. I will be attending New River Community College this fall to major in Instrumentation and Automation Control Technology. Very cool job, and doesn't take all that long to learn (2 year degree). Michelle and I are so excited to be moving out, we cannot wait start this \o/

Once you move to Virginia, move to Hampton Roads.

• Like 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Lupus

Good news is that she just developed it like, last month. Most people don't discover it for 10-20 years after they have it, at which point the organ damage is out of control. Her kidney biopsy came back clean. 

So sorry to hear that Saru. It's good however they discovered it earl like you said. Warm thoughts going your way.

Once I'm done with school I want Michelle to go into school for business (well that's what she wants to do lol). After that we will more then likely be moving around. Never heard of Hampton Roads, but I will look into that :)

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Lupus

So sorry to hear that Saru. It's good however they discovered it earl like you said. Warm thoughts going your way.

Once I'm done with school I want Michelle to go into school for business (well that's what she wants to do lol). After that we will more then likely be moving around. Never heard of Hampton Roads, but I will look into that :)

There's about 3 parts to Virginia:

Hampton Roads (entire SE corner) - home to Oceana - one of the largest Navy bases in the world, I believe. this is where most 'normal' Virginian people live. Richmond is an hour outside Hampton Roads, but we'll include it.

"NORVA" - Northern Va. This is where the kids who go to high school with brand new Porsches live. Falls Church is like the new Babylon, in terms of like... richness.

Blacksburgish area - Other normal Virginians also live in this area.

Everywhere else: Hickville.

• Like 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

[hide=Quote train]

Lupus

There's about 3 parts to Virginia:

Hampton Roads (entire SE corner) - home to Oceana - one of the largest Navy bases in the world, I believe. this is where most 'normal' Virginian people live. Richmond is an hour outside Hampton Roads, but we'll include it.

"NORVA" - Northern Va. This is where the kids who go to high school with brand new Porsches live. Falls Church is like the new Babylon, in terms of like... richness.

Blacksburgish area - Other normal Virginians also live in this area.

Everywhere else: Hickville.

[/hide]

I had a ex that lived in the NORVA area of va you speak of. I saw many young people with nice cars. To be honest I cannot dispute anything you said lol. I live in West Virginia (about 45 mins from Blacksburg) and I consider where I live part of Hickville lol.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]