Today...

Leoo

Are you gonna get rid of the boyfriend before you go to Canada?

Genuinely hard decision. I can see that his behaviour has been very gradually changing. I will only leave him if I feel there's no point attempting to 'make it work'. He's thinking of visiting at one point but at the moment I think we'll keep going as it is then abandon ship or see what we can do to keep things working out.

Well depending on where you'll be in Canada next winter, you can be prepared to see some temperatures ranging from 10 to -35 (Celsius of course). In the north it's even colder but I guess you'll probably somewhere somewhat close to the border.

Yeah I am very close to the Canada America border. Never thought I'd even be going to that part of the world but I am still excited

Genuinely hard decision. I can see that his behaviour has been very gradually changing. I will only leave him if I feel there's no point attempting to 'make it work'. He's thinking of visiting at one point but at the moment I think we'll keep going as it is then abandon ship or see what we can do to keep things working out.

Well depending on where you'll be in Canada next winter, you can be prepared to see some temperatures ranging from 10 to -35 (Celsius of course). In the north it's even colder but I guess you'll probably somewhere somewhat close to the border.

Yeah I am very close to the Canada America border. Never thought I'd even be going to that part of the world but I am still excited

West, Central, or East in terms of being stateside?

I've been to calgary and winnipeg and calgary was very fun.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

West, Central, or East in terms of being stateside?

I've been to calgary and winnipeg and calgary was very fun.

East

..... Had to Google maps it..

How cold  :uhh:  :uhh:  :uhh:  :uhh:

Where in Ontario? Some informaiton on the Ontario climate here, and you can search for information for particular locations: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/about/OI_ABOUT_WEATHER.html

You'll get used to the cold, or stop going outside I guess. On the upside, the change in perspective will benefit you when you return home. Most people get used to it I find. I know a couple people who are in Canada for their first winter (Nova Scotia, which tends to be a little warmer and a little more windy), and they seem to be doing alright. I'm under the impression that France is a much warmer place though :lol:

Your clue about Winnepeg should be the nickname Winterpeg. No ones trying to hide it.

The area around Calgary is breathtaking if you go to the right spot. Alberta is not someplace I would want to live though. Actually, I don't really want to leave the east coast. Life is just more laid back out here. You go visiting in Ontario, or Alberta, and it's all rush rush rush. Things are a bit more relaxed out here, and I like it.

Where in Ontario? Some informaiton on the Ontario climate here, and you can search for information for particular locations: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/about/OI_ABOUT_WEATHER.html

You'll get used to the cold, or stop going outside I guess. On the upside, the change in perspective will benefit you when you return home. Most people get used to it I find. I know a couple people who are in Canada for their first winter (Nova Scotia, which tends to be a little warmer and a little more windy), and they seem to be doing alright. I'm under the impression that France is a much warmer place though :lol:

Your clue about Winnepeg should be the nickname Winterpeg. No ones trying to hide it.

The area around Calgary is breathtaking if you go to the right spot. Alberta is not someplace I would want to live though. Actually, I don't really want to leave the east coast. Life is just more laid back out here. You go visiting in Ontario, or Alberta, and it's all rush rush rush. Things are a bit more relaxed out here, and I like it.

Well that and winnipeg is just one big pile of shit really.

But that's from an outside perspective. 

Winnipeg, where the booze is expensive but the women are easy.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

London Ontario.

I stopped leaving the house due to the cold in December but I think I'll grow more balls for my year abroad.

I'd be silly not to. I'm spending this summer buying very warm winter clothes in preparation anyway.

Now is probably a good time since they're trying to get rid of them, presumably :P. Speaking of which I need to buy another pair of gloves...

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

London Ontario.

I stopped leaving the house due to the cold in December but I think I'll grow more balls for my year abroad.

I'd be silly not to. I'm spending this summer buying very warm winter clothes in preparation anyway.

I've lived in London for a little over 7 years. Factoring in wind chill, -30°C isn't common, but -20 is. There are quite a few warmer days (-5°C or warmer) thrown in there, too. I've also witnessed a few thunder-snows in my time here, which I never saw in my pre-London days. Warm winter clothes is always a good idea, especially if you don't like the cold.

Personally, I thrive in it, so I haven't even worn a winter coat since high school, which I finished before moving to London.

London Ontario.

I've lived in London for a little over 7 years. Factoring in wind chill, -30°C isn't common, but -20 is. There are quite a few warmer days (-5°C or warmer) thrown in there, too. I've also witnessed a few thunder-snows in my time here, which I never saw in my pre-London days. Warm winter clothes is always a good idea, especially if you don't like the cold.

Personally, I thrive in it, so I haven't even worn a winter coat since high school, which I finished before moving to London.

I've been warned about extreme winters now multiple times from lots of people. I don't even know what -20 feels like but I'm terrified.

We complain about the weather everyday in the UK. I think we complain about nothing but I'm used to it.

I'm looking at various things and realised it's really different to uni in the UK

It looks like there's an emphasis on having roommates and having meal plans and I've had neither in my years at uni over here.

I enjoy cooking I don't really want to stop cooking for myself and I've always been against the idea of sharing a room especially with someone I don't get along with or feel awkward around.

London Ontario.

I've been warned about extreme winters now multiple times from lots of people. I don't even know what -20 feels like but I'm terrified.

We complain about the weather everyday in the UK. I think we complain about nothing but I'm used to it.

I'm looking at various things and realised it's really different to uni in the UK

It looks like there's an emphasis on having roommates and having meal plans and I've had neither in my years at uni over here.

I enjoy cooking I don't really want to stop cooking for myself and I've always been against the idea of sharing a room especially with someone I don't get along with or feel awkward around.

Learn to cook a good poutine and you'll be everyones friend.

If they don't like poutine, they're not canadian.

• Like 3

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

London Ontario.

Learn to cook a good poutine and you'll be everyones friend.

If they don't like poutine, they're not canadian.

I'm so excited omg  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

There were only 3 places available out of ~300 people wanting a place

Got a 3-week ban from alcohol. Pretty good actually for my health.

Bad is that my birthday is within those 3 weeks.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Dawww you remembered Hedge

hog. Right back at you man!

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn