Today...

Leoo

Quitting smoking is probably one of the hardest things I've ever attempted.

My longest time without a smoke in the past 11 years has been only 3 months.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

Quitting smoking is probably one of the hardest things I've ever attempted.

My longest time without a smoke in the past 11 years has been only 3 months.

I don't know if it's coincidence or science, but 3 months seems to be the cursed number when it comes to quitting smoking. My parents (the first time they quit) started back up after three months. Two of my friends did the same thing. 3 months without anything and suddenly the next day they were back to half a pack a day.

I think i have it  very easy though. Not just because of the e-cig, but also because of the meds. I didn't have to quit cold turkey.

I have never found the "joys" of smoking. Never had any trouble with it and I have tried.

Tonight is gonna be fun. Barbecue and stuff, excellent weather and so on.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

And I suppose alcohol as well? :P

It's so windy outside, the wind blew a garbage bag out of a garbage truck with an open bed. At least they stopped after about 50 feet and put it in reverse to get it <_<.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I made it 3 or 4 months this last time too. Fell off the wagon again though.  Quitting smoking is honestly absurdly difficult.  My personal best is 8 months.  Not starting smoking is honestly some of the best advice I can give anyone.  Like honestly, there is not a single positive to smoking if you're not addicted.  And obviously the only positive for an addict is not feeling like shit.

[bleep] 17 year old me for wanting to be cool.

On a slightly more upbeat note, I'm going on spring break with my friends in about an hour.  Should be fun.  Also cigarettes are like $3 less a pack, so I can feed my addiction for cheap. Gas and alcohol are wicked cheap too.  Good old New Hampshire having no sales tax.

Live free or die, mother [bleep]ers.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

it's amazing how much switching from water to milk as the base for my protein shakes has improved my life

I'm still kinda undecided on it. Milk tastes a whole lot better and gives you even more protein, but I find that a big protein shake with milk often makes my stomach feel bad. I'm thinking I'm probably just mildly lactose intolerant though.

I've been lifting weights for a little over a month now. I'm seeing both numerical increases in the weights I'm lifting, as well as some increased muscle definition already. I'm proud of myself for getting this far since I've gone to the gym a couple times before to eventually quit shortly after. But it's become a good habit of mine now that I fully intend on continuing, despite easily still being one of the skinniest guys in the gym.

on an unrelated note, I smoked a lot of pot last night and fell asleep at 2:30 and it's my last day to study for my last final, which happens to be at 8:30am tomorrow. my wisest choice? nah. not too concerned about it though, test should be very manageable.

it's amazing how much switching from water to milk as the base for my protein shakes has improved my life

I'm still kinda undecided on it. Milk tastes a whole lot better and gives you even more protein, but I find that a big protein shake with milk often makes my stomach feel bad. I'm thinking I'm probably just mildly lactose intolerant though.

I've been lifting weights for a little over a month now. I'm seeing both numerical increases in the weights I'm lifting, as well as some increased muscle definition already. I'm proud of myself for getting this far since I've gone to the gym a couple times before to eventually quit shortly after. But it's become a good habit of mine now that I fully intend on continuing, despite easily still being one of the skinniest guys in the gym.

on an unrelated note, I smoked a lot of pot last night and fell asleep at 2:30 and it's my last day to study for my last final, which happens to be at 8:30am tomorrow. my wisest choice? nah. not too concerned about it though, test should be very manageable.

Everyone is a little lactose intolerant.

We evolved to not be so.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

I was lucky enough when I was young to have no desire to experiment with drugs, and that inclination lasted long enough for me to realize that I probably don't have the mental fortitude to quit, and thus would be wise never to start. It's weird though.

For example, I've never been able to give up caffeine despite it doing nothing for me. I did pretty well for a couple years, and water is still 99% of what I drink (I like water), but probably every month or so I'll be in the corner store and buy a redbull or pop because I miss it.

On the other hand, I can and do go months without drinking alcohol. I enjoy it sure, but I've never felt any need to drink, and since I don't party that often, I rarely have a reason to bother.

Anywho, we've been getting stupid amounts of snow where I live. Our backyard, being reasonably well shaded has been about 3 feet of snow for the last month or so, and last night that got notched up to 4-5 feet. The snow banks on the sidewalks are going to be beyond silly now. Would be the first time in my (adult) life that the snowbanks become taller than me.

Figured I'd take some pictures before the sun went down, though I'll have to grab some better ones tomorrow.

This is my backyard. The depression in the top right of the snow in the door is from the exterior door knob:

[hide]

2afbqt5.jpg

[/hide]

And here is a view into our driveway, which I didn't even notice until I was taking pictures. Our 4 foot high garbage cans are buried under there someplace, and that's not an isolated drift. The entire driveway (that I could see) is now that deep. For a better size reference, the garage door there is around 8-9 feet tall, you're seeing about half of it:

[hide]

211uxdv.jpg

[/hide]

Oh, and I forgot to mention that yesterday I discovered there was a Death Race 3 movie and watched it. As far as the action goes, I'd say it was pretty much on par with the previous two (maybe a little below), but I found withheld gunfire and the most laughably inaccurate depiction of missiles I've ever seen a little distracting. I expect liberties to be taken, but I think they went too far.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie, and I'll probably watch it again someday, maybe as part of a Death Race marathon. I watch them chronologically and the third movie is in the middle, so I can avoid starting or ending with it. But the first two are better.

WTF is that? Looks like sand, but only it's white. I'm confused.

It is the anti sand that falls from the air in accursaded places for a period of time during each year to punish and remind those of us afflicted to forever fear it.
  • Like 1

You realize that the third death race movie reuses footage from the first 2 films for like 60% of its content, right?

Snow has melted here thankfully, but im told more is coming this weekend.

I smoked for a little while in my life, maybe a year give or take a month but I never really "enjoyed" it enough to get truly addicted I guess. There was a period after that where I had a cig once in a while when drunk (like one every 3-5 months) but now I have absolutely no desire to smoke. I think it was that I was just real unhappy with life at the time, and super stressed. When things started getting better happened to be when I took a biology of cancer class and decided it was time to save some money, and my respiratory system

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I smoke like a couple cigs per week, socially, usually while drinking. I don't really even enjoy it, I think I basically only do it because it feels cool. I get absolutely no cravings for cigarettes though, so that's good. If I ever do, I think that's when I'll just be like okay nooooo more. 

Lol your snow banks aren't high compared to some parts of NB and PEI (Canada) Especially PEI they have like 20' snowbanks.

Seeing aurora borealis is on my bucket list. I'll probably do it from Alaska though unless I bother getting a passport

Could've tried seeing some yesterday night and tonight, although I think they receded and weren't as far south tonight. According to the NOAA they were seen as far south as Northern California. The magnetic storm knocked out the power a few short times around here. 

The hangover is strong in this one.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

You realize that the third death race movie reuses footage from the first 2 films for like 60% of its content, right?

The second movie uses b roll footage from the first film. The third one uses a different set of cars and is set in a different location, which would make using old footage an issue. There are also differences in the action sequences between cars that would indicate budget differences. The second movie gets to use footage from the first movie, which had nearly six and a half times the budget. The third movie instead seems to rely more on cheaper action sequences (more actual racing, and more use of missiles instead of machine guns).

I want to try milk with my protein but I'm currently using a Vegan one at the moment. I felt it would be healthier for my body in the long term. 

Soy milk.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png