Today...

Leoo

Interview over, real quick. Get a call in a week saying one way or the other. What are the gods into these days? Burnt offerings?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Saw TFA today, gotta agree that it was pretty good, but:

It is practically ep. 4, only switched names and locations.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Glad someone else agrees with me. That is all I thought throughout, hopefully that changed.

Done with finals. There's a nonzero chance I failed two of my classes, but at this point all I can do is wait and pray the curve carries me. Then my weird hybrid online/in person humanities elective starts tomorrow and apparently lasts 4 hours and then doesn't meet again until next year, at which point we meet 5 times/week for 4 hours/day, but some of it is online and I have no idea how that's actually going to work out.

I also have that sensation in between my throat and nose I always get before I get sick and feel horrible for 6 or 7 days, but it doesn't always result in me being sick, so I'm trying extra hard to stay hydrated and clean.

Glad someone else agrees with me. That is all I thought throughout, hopefully that changed.

Well I have to agree with that.

I really do like that they are keeping the theme, especially with J.J. Abrams and his lens flares, which there weren't many in that movie, which would've probably have made it not as good.

Busy day today.

Got my hair braided and changed some Canadian dollars in the US Dollars.

Then I came home to an empty house as the rest of my flatmates left today :(

I've just been at a friend's house and they gave me so many freebies as they're leaving for good and can't fit everything in their suitcases.

We have a bad fruit fly infestation so I'll report it just before I leave and finish packing my bags.

Toronto bound tomorrow, so excited. I think we're going clubbing as well lol.

Passed the exam I thought I failed as well, so all is well on my Canadian adventure at the moment.

Well I have to agree with that.

I really do like that they are keeping the theme, especially with J.J. Abrams and his lens flares, which there weren't many in that movie, which would've probably have made it not as good.

Yeah, thé format made it easy to see the movie as Star Wars, and it felt like Stat Wars, just everything made me think of episode 4. Really liked the new characters though, with the biggest question I was left with bringing Rey's parenthood. I honestly think she is Luke's child due to the lightsaber stuff and sheer strength in the force. Yet I'm not totally convinced.

Star wars episode viii is directed by the guy that did the fly episode of breaking bad, but he also did the ozymandias episode so its probably going to be solid. I do wish JJ was doing the whole trilogy though

Star wars episode viii is directed by the guy that did the fly episode of breaking bad, but he also did the ozymandias episode so its probably going to be solid. I do wish JJ was doing the whole trilogy though

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me...

Why wouldn't they just hire the same director for all 3?

JJ didn't want to do all of them apparently. He didn't want to be "the Star Wars sequels guy" or something like that.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

He's also real busy with the other like 12 movies he's in charge of

Just watched all the prequels, probably for the first time all 3 in full length.

Just gotta say that contrary to popular opinion, I liked the first one the most and the third one the least.

Third episode was somehow way too straightforward and tryhard.

The first one was chill universe expanding, without trying too hard. I found the politics and the stuff quite interesting and even wished for a bit more of it. Also, the Darth Maul fight was pretty [bleep]ing epic, probably the best one in the whole prequel trilogy. And I liked podracing.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Darth maul was a bad ass yes but the fact that the trade federation set up a blockade to stop trade seems counter intuitive

To stop trade to a certain planet to get a favourable treaty to them, yes. It's exactly what East Indian Company did at their time.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Yoda doing cart wheels and flips was too goofy for me. Best fight in the prequels was the last Darth maul fight. Episode 2 and 3 fights were all flash and no meaning

That's because nobody actually taught Luke how to fight like the Jedi of the prequels. I expect the saber fighting to get more intense over time as the sequels go on. However, I too like the more slow paced fights.

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

[hide]

No sarcasm I actually like the regression in swordsmanship among jedi. prequals jedis were circus performers. Original jedi were practical swordsmen. New jedi are smashing their sabers like theyre battle axes

[/hide]

[hide]

I mean, it makes a ton of sense too.

Prequel Jedi are probably supposed to come across as flashy and over-the-top, and it'd sort of feed into the point of them being decadent/complacent (like they're basically trying to fight with martial arts moves that were never intended for real combat).

OT Jedi are an old man, another old man with robotic limbs who's only barely alive, and a young man who's had very little training.

In the New Trilogy, Ren's got that whole unstable-brute-force thing going and neither Finn nor Rey had ever held a lightsaber before then.

It really captures the whole downward spiral thing the series has going on, since there's really no stable environment for anyone to learn after the prequels. Doubt that's what they intended but it's quite a nice touch if so.

[/hide]

Going home to me parents, after a while...

Gonna be awkward.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Going home to me parents, after a while...

Gonna be awkward.

Here's some unsolicited advice: In my case, I'd love to spend another Christmas with my mom (well, assuming she's in good health/not suffering). Unless you have a terrible relationship with your parents, appreciate it while you can.

I'll be spending Christmas with my brother. We didn't decorate, or much of anything, really. Going to put a decent chicken in a crockpot and have chicken with homemade mac & cheese and some roasted spinach. I got him a few gifts (still waiting on Uncharted [the first one for the PS3] since the local stores didn't have it) and stuffed them in a gift bag. It's not supposed to be rainy, either, and it's going to be pretty warm which is better than rainy at any temperature.

Also, yesterday I went to the DMV and got a license plate for my scooter. I was in and out in 10 minutes... That was surprising. The license plate also has the right numbers/letters clustered together to vaguely spell ditto (well, better put, something like "D1770") but alas, I'll settle for an anagram.

• Like 2

ozXHe7P.png

Got shitfaced last night for the first time in a long while. Michelle and a friend of mine took care of me thankfully. Going home this evening after work to spend time with the family. Cannot wait to see everyone :)

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]