Today...

Leoo

Heart aches badly. Woke up to my friend texting me "Did you know person X?" and I was like Yeah she's lovely.

I log on to social media, and a friend from university has died at the age of 24 in her sleep, no knowledge of any health conditions.

Everyone I knew was in awe of her physique, but her personality was lovely too. It's just brought up so much anxiety about not really knowing what life will bring.

I've been waiting for therapy for over a year now, and it's becoming less of an "it would be nice to have therapy" situation and more of an emergency.

Everybody dies eventually.

I may sound like a heartless bastard, but that is inevitability.

Damn how long wounds heal. It's been over 3 weeks from my motorcycle crash and still the wound starts bleeding every time the bandages are changed, which is in every 2-3 days. At least the holes in my elbow have at least started filling out with new tissue. And it doesn't hurt unless I hit it on something, so I haven't taken any painkillers in over a week now.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Yes I was. If I had not had the gear on, I'd probably not be walking, cause I hit a road railing with my foot and my boots are completely ruined, but my legs just got slightly bruised.

However, the pants rolled up on right leg, which caused me a road rash, which has by now almost completely healed. And there was no way to tighten the cuff on the pants.

Also, there was some loose gravel on the road and somehow two pieces found their way up my sleeve through the cuff, since I had it loose to let more air in in this stupid hot weather and the two pieces of gravel landed exactly under my right elbow, on which I landed with most of my bodyweight and caused two nice holes in it. The holes are the ones still to heal.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Everybody dies eventually.

I may sound like a heartless bastard, but that is inevitability.

Damn how long wounds heal. It's been over 3 weeks from my motorcycle crash and still the wound starts bleeding every time the bandages are changed, which is in every 2-3 days. At least the holes in my elbow have at least started filling out with new tissue. And it doesn't hurt unless I hit it on something, so I haven't taken any painkillers in over a week now.

It's quite insensitive and unproductive to say that, though.

Everyone knows that, but when it happens to someone you know that really is never an appropriate thing to say.

Things like this happen and there was absolutely nothing you could do about it.

It definitely sucks a young and presumably healthy person has gone this way, but that was that. Serves as a reminder that it can happen to anyone and you should take the most of each day and cherish the ones you do still have.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Things like this happen and there was absolutely nothing you could do about it.

It definitely sucks a young and presumably healthy person has gone this way, but that was that. Serves as a reminder that it can happen to anyone and you should take the most of each day and cherish the ones you do still have.

I don't think anyone is arguing against that as a fact, just saying that it's tone deaf and insensitive to say when people are hurting.
  • Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Were we expecting appropriate, compassionate social interaction/skills from a fringe internet forum based around a long dead MMORPG?

• Like 3

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Were we expecting appropriate, compassionate social interaction/skills from a fringe internet forum based around a long dead MMORPG?

[bleep] you nerd

• Like 2

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

You do make an important point. I basically forced myself off the Internet (arguably 2 years too early) because I was convinced I would have no social skills.

I have a really big problem with being balanced. Part of that is because I have 4 mental illnesses but I'm always on at one extreme or the other.

So for me I either abandoned my life on the Internet and focused on bonds in person, or I did the opposite.

Choosing the latter has helped me do some pretty amazing things. 

I would still say I'm socially awkward, but I've managed to pass it off in a way where I'm just being seen as quirky, daft or just doing it deliberately. 

There we go.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Nah I care about you guys, I practically grew up with y'all. I actually hate the idea of online dating/friendship but it's different with the people I've interacted with here on TIF. It feels like family.

That being said I also fall on a polar scale of social skill. Either I float like a butterfly, or sink like a rock. I think it's dependant on how frequently I assume I'll interact with a person/people in the future.

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Nah I care about you guys, I practically grew up with y'all. I actually hate the idea of online dating/friendship but it's different with the people I've interacted with here on TIF. It feels like family.

That being said I also fall on a polar scale of social skill. Either I float like a butterfly, or sink like a rock. I think it's dependant on how frequently I assume I'll interact with a person/people in the future.

I find I'm the same. My social skills become somewhat above average after a few drinks. But before those few drinks I'd like to say below.

• Like 1

j0xPu5R.png

Soooo i'll be going back to the US within the next couple of weeks. Gonna finish my CPL and then stay on as an Instructor 2 or 3 years while i build hours. Once i have ~1500 hours i can start looking for a job at an Airline in America. It's been quite a tough choice because at the end of the day i won't make nearly as much money in the US as i will in the Middle East, but it think overall i'll just be a lot happier. I haven't been this excited about something in a long time. 

Bloody motorcycle chainlinks having wrong sized closing links packaged with right sized main parts. Second bloody link that doesn't work. Sometimes it makes me think everybody wants you to let the maintenance be done by the mechanics so that they could earn more money...

2 more days of being bandaged up. Can't wait to finally get a proper shower without plastic wrap around my arm. Getting all itchy around the bandage already.

And obviously I am the complete master of all social interactions, as perfectly exemplified on the end of last page.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

One of my mom's friend's husbands are living with us for a while.They're moving back to South Africa soon and she already went back home while he's staying for another 2 or 3 months. So she asked my mom if he could stay with us for a while. We figured it would be fine since we have a few spare rooms open. He's been living here for about a month now and we're slowly realising he has a bit of a drinking problem. Literally drunk every night. And not just a bit tipsy, but drunk to the point where he can't walk. And tonight his wife sends my mom a message saying "I hope he's not drinking too much". So yeah, i don't see him living here much longer. Quite honestly think it's a bit messed up they'd ask to live here without at least giving us a heads up.

So I got text rendering working...

jUnQa4B.gif

The format for the silly quote is:

<size height="48"><shadow>Hello</shadow>, <speed value="0.05"><scroll mode="Character">world</scroll></speed><shake mode="Character">!!!</shake>
<speed value="0.5"><scroll mode="Word">Do or do no try</scroll></speed>, <color primary="gold">there <color secondary="dark-brown"><shadow><shake mode="Word">is</shake></shadow></color> no is.</color></size>
Animations can be applied per-word or per-character. When I draw a character, I pass along the word index and character index. The draw method then applies than animations based on the animation class (word or character).

For shaking, I offset by the result of a Perlin noise calculation, scaling arguments to the noise by the time value.

I haven't implemented underline/strike-through yet but that's not important for now.

I also added the first widget, a button.

With school and work, it's been hard to find time to work on my game...

edit: Knocked out a basic text input box:

PhWnNBV.gif

That is a major step. Now I can create the "Dusty Grammaton," a feature to allow me to test all sorts of features at runtime. I could type a description, for example, to spawn an NPC or item, instead of having to hardcode it...

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Friend of mine got me into CSGO. From everything i've heard about CS i knew the game was known for how technical it is, and how you need to learn the recoil patterns of guns, etc. First game or two i played i couldn't understand why people always said this, because whenever i fire the crosshair really doesn't move. Took me a while to realize that the crosshair basically means jack shit after, especially when you spray. It's really fun. Already been playing a few competitive matches. Slowly but surely doing better and better. Definitely scratching the FPS itch i've had lately. Really suits my playstyle as well. Generally i prefer slower paced, more tactical gameplay. Only "issue" i've had is the overwhelming amount of smurfs. I don't really care about playing against better players, i sort of prefer it. Best way to learn. What i dislike is when a smurf constantly [bleep]es about his teammates being bad. Like, you're smurfing. Did you really expect to find 4 other highly skilled players in a low division game? Don't spend the entire game being a toxic shit when in reality you're probably only smurfing because you're the one that needs to get carried when playing in higher divisions. Idk, just kinda silly to me.