Today...

Leoo

@muggi - bring a girlfriend and teach her how to spot.

Dont help me up

If something goes wrong knock the weights off one side and then the other

Then lift the bar

@Vieva - Was the meeting cancelled or is the club inactive?

In other news...

I'm trying out meetup to meet some new friends. Tommorow theres a meetup for a machine learning tech group. Definitely a topic I know a lot about, and looking at whos going it looks like most of the crowd is 30 something professionals. 

Also the meetup itself seems a lot better than the other ones in my area which are "learn javascript for new programmers" and idk I don't feel good about going to those. I feel like I'd intimidate people who are learning to program if I let on that I'm a Computer Science Graduate whos working for NASA. 

To me I'm the same guy I was in university but I've already notice people get intimidated when I say where I work. This isn't a humble brag this is something I'm trying to figure out. Basically should I hide my powerlevel and show up to more meetups or stick to the better ones but tend to have a more professional demographic?

It's all a misunderstanding - they thought you meant NSA and you're spying on them...

I wouldn't be intimidated though. I'd want to talk and learn more, but maybe that is just me.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Depends if you're looking for friends or career moves

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

My dad's cousin is like a high level Google executive, I only met him once. He asked what I did, and I gave the generic still in college unsure answer and he told me he works in "tech".

I found his answer to be way more douchey than if he just said he worked for Google (because I knew he did I was more interested in what exactly he did). Like I get that talking about your job can become tedious and you want to garner interest from other aspects of your life, but if someone is taking any interest in you at all (especially a relative) don't be a dick and shut them out

...ramble ramble

• Like 1

Sounds like your cousin has some regrets that have nothing to do with you imo

Sounds like your cousin has some regrets that have nothing to do with you imo

It can be kinda weird from the other side cause you never know how people will react though. Like in Seattle a bunch of people HATE Amazon / how it's changed the city over the last few years and are dicks if you say you work there, and there can be judgement towards all the Microsoft employees here too. Also some people can act really weird when you bring up stuff about your job sometimes. Makes it a lot easier to just kinda shy away from the topic. But then when you talk to people from back home you forget that people from outside where you work are legitimately interested in hearing about it and its easy to just stick to not bringing it up unless it really comes up.

I just got back from a trip to San Francisco for the weekend!! It was super fun. Nice and sunny and clear and 65 degree weather felt SO great in February. Did a bit of tourist stuff with my friends who hadn't been there, rented bikes and went to wineries in sonoma (reinforcing my opinion that there is no need to spend > $20 on a bottle of wine lol, idk there is just not a big enough of a difference after that point to seem worth it ), and did a hike through the Purisima Creek Redwood Reserve. Also ate SO MANY BURRITOS holy shit I've been deprived

Sucks though cause my phone battery took a massive dump  right when I got there. I can't open uber, snapchat, or the facebook app without my phone going into a restarting loop that can only be broken by popping the battery out lmfao. made it suuuper hard to get in touch with people once I was there. I basically have to keep my phone attached to a portable charger at all times which is pretty obnoxious. I need a new phone so badly lol but I dont wanna give up a headphone jack and it feels like all the other options have other weird stuff wrong with them so I've been procrastinating like crazy

• Like 1

Burritos in California are like no other. Top tier burritos out there in the West coast

Speaking of phones, the clock on my old phone (iPhone 5C) just stopped working (it first gave slow times, then random times, then it was perpetually Feb 18 2018 at 9:04 PM). This caused a lot of apps to break, including iMessage.

I don't like Android very much so I went with an iPhone 7. I love it so far. I've never had a good phone... The lack of a headphone port doesn't bother me too much so far, but I don't use my phone to listen to music anyway.

edit: I moved my Windows to a bigger SSD (it was on a 128 GB one and after Unreal Engine / Visual Studio / etc I ran out of space). I thought it would take half an hour but it took nearly three times as long... Booted into FreeBSD and used dd to transfer the disk image from my old SSD to my new one, then deleted the system reserve partition at the end. Swapped out the disks internally and spent half an hour fixing my BIOS settings (my BIOS resets itself after installing new hardware, idgi). FreeBSD wouldn't boot, so after trial and error, found I had to disable Secure Boot (why is that enabled by default) and enable VT-D. Now everything works.

ozXHe7P.png

Today I did a lot of cleaning around my apartment... I really feel like I haven't done much in RS DXW though which is kind of sad :( .

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Happy birthday hedgehog, wherever you are

• Like 2

I'm actually doing it.

wdX5sn8.png

God damn 3D modeling is hard.

Btw, I went to the bar again on Friday (the place I was going to have my birthday dinner closed [like, permanently, lol] so I spent the dinner money on an Uber and some drinks) and got hit on. Felt good. I didn't find the guy particularly attractive though (he was handsome, but not my type, plus he was a bit of a downer). Always another day... Going to get some pictures for Tinder soon anyway. Will get feedback from the relationship advice thread when I do that! I've never posted an uncensored picture of myself here so that'll be a bit different.

• Like 2

ozXHe7P.png

Veiva, I just want to congratulate you dude. I mostly lurk on here and have for a few years now. Following your progression has been just amazing! From someone struggling to get by, and correct me if I'm wrong, not able to work. To a guy with a solid job you're working hard at, savings being built, your new game project, attending college it's all just awesome dude and I felt the need to congratulate you.

• Like 6

Started doing some digging around looking for a school to attend. Started asking about costs. Looks like i'm gonna be down another $45k to finish my training. Kind of a hard pill to swallow. At least this puts me in a position where i can start working immediately after i'm done, so i guess that's a plus.

Veiva, I just want to congratulate you dude. I mostly lurk on here and have for a few years now. Following your progression has been just amazing! From someone struggling to get by, and correct me if I'm wrong, not able to work. To a guy with a solid job you're working hard at, savings being built, your new game project, attending college it's all just awesome dude and I felt the need to congratulate you.

Thank you! :D

I got very lucky. I was able to receive the help I need at the right time (SSDI, great health insurance [Medicare + Medicaid], therapy, and medication management). It's taken a couple years but I'm getting there.

Also I have an awesome brother whose been there for me through the thick and thin.

ozXHe7P.png

Playing dnd last night and an encounter went like this

[While battling winter wolves, calculating attacks]

"Hey you're going to Iceland for vacation right?"

"Yeah"

"You going to the penis museum?"

"Nah I heard it's not that great, but they do have silver sculptures of the hockey teams penises"[other player declared attacks and starts roll dice]

"I wonder what would happen if you [bleep]ed a werewolf with a silver penis"

>dice roll8ng player: "13 damage"

Maybe it was funnier in person idk

Veiva if you ever need help with blender just ask.

I learned blender from having a project where I used blender python scripting to automate an entire video generation. 

when you said "blender," I got confused and thought you were talking about grindr for a second there. I had to look up blender to discover that it's open-source 3D content creation program, which is much, much different from grindr--  a men-to-men dating site where you can find other men within 10 miles of you interested in having sexual intercourse in a public restroom

>_>

• Like 3

77yLQy8.png

I had a friend who went to the Phallological Museum. He said it wasn't like super impressive or anything, but he enjoyed it and likes saying that he went to the dicks museum.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”