Today...

Leoo

On the subject of cars, mine wouldnt start tonight. Random guy saw me having troubles, listened to it crank for 5 seconds, and immediately knew I just needed to press the gas pedal to get it to start.

I tried googling how in the world he knew that, or how it even helped, but google thinks I'm a dunce that knows nothing about cars (accurate)

Fuel injection complicates the issue, but any car should have a cold weather start procedure that involves holding down the gas to help it start. In this case, it tells the engine to enrichen the air/fuel mix. Fuel vapour tends to recondense as it hits a cold engine, effectively leaning out the mixture to a point where the engine can't start. This is why carburated engines have a choke. Modern fuel injection should handle this automatically, so the fact that you needed to hit the gas tells me there might be an issue with the engine (I believe that fuel pump issues are likely to surface to in winter. This is not technically an engine issue since it's located in the gas tank).

Or maybe I'm wrong. That's my recollection though.

As to how he knew, you do get familiar with the differences in sound if you work with engines for long enough. I'm not one of them, but my Dad is. The stuff he can hear from an engine is pretty amazing sometimes. You can hear when an engine is flooded, so I figure you can probably hear when it doesn't have enough gas too.

• Like 1

On the subject of cars, mine wouldnt start tonight. Random guy saw me having troubles, listened to it crank for 5 seconds, and immediately knew I just needed to press the gas pedal to get it to start.

I tried googling how in the world he knew that, or how it even helped, but google thinks I'm a dunce that knows nothing about cars (accurate)

Better get that looked at, your fuel lines might be needing a replacement.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

Honestly, that car was worth $300, any repairs I did would have cost more than the car itself probably. I was racing to replace before I had to repair the brakes.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Honestly, that car was worth $300, any repairs I did would have cost more than the car itself probably. I was racing to replace before I had to repair the brakes.

Sounds like you won that race

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

QpWIwUf.gif

Unreal is pretty cool... The artifacts make it look a little bad, so here's a still:

2lsx0R3.png

Yeah unreal does a pretty decent job of handling stuff overall (at least from the finished products I've seen posted and played for my part). Very realistic, good shading/effects, etc.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Friend of mine calls me over to help with a "1-2 hour car fix".

I get there and he shows me like a binder worth of notes he took from a YouTube video on how to replace a water pump.

Like shit dude, that's some advanced mechanical shit.

Luckily another friend of his is a professional mechanic and took a look at it while we were prepping and ended up doing a large portion of the job. A job that in his professional opinion would be a 9 hour job, if it were in a shop. It's blocked up on a drive way.

[bleep]

Friend of mine calls me over to help with a "1-2 hour car fix".

I get there and he shows me like a binder worth of notes he took from a YouTube video on how to replace a water pump.

Like shit dude, that's some advanced mechanical shit.

Luckily another friend of his is a professional mechanic and took a look at it while we were prepping and ended up doing a large portion of the job. A job that in his professional opinion would be a 9 hour job, if it were in a shop. It's blocked up on a drive way.

Will your "friend" be passing the bill along to you too?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Nah, he paid for parts and he's determined that he can do it himself with enough time and energy. In reality he really should have just dumped the car and moved on with his life

Best I can do is take him to the DMV and get his title and registration renewed

Ugh Facebook is the worst right after some gun control related event occurs.

Unrelated: anyone know what the job situation looks like in Italy? I hear they get 13 months of pay and 4 weeks vacation...

Unrelated: anyone know what the job situation looks like in Italy? I hear they get 13 months of pay and 4 weeks vacation...

Not sure if a joke or not but I think Italy has one of the higher unemployment rates in Europe.

I went to a bar for the first time. There's no gay bars near me, but it's an LGBT+ friendly bar.

I didn't get any drinks but it was pretty cool. The bartender didn't charge me for the Shirley Temple and club soda, so I made a generous tip. Talked to a lesbian couple for a while, they showed me how to play pool (never played it before, lol). Talked to a few others (it wasn't very busy). There was this adorable guy but he was drunk AF and probably not gay so I didn't even think about flirting.

Someone suggested I use Tindr. Going to look into it... What are the requirements, other than a Facebook account? Isn't there some minimum friend requirement?

Also made two friends so far. One from school and one from work. The one from school made me realize I should be a bit more open about my sexuality, which is cool.

• Like 4

ozXHe7P.png

I can honestly tell you that Italy has the best employment in the world. I personally employ nearly half of all Italians and they are very happy with their exceptional wages, 14 months of pay, and 5 weeks of vacation.

• Like 1

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

I think that 4 weeks or 28 days of paid vacation is common to pretty much every country in European Union. Don't know about that 13th pay though. Also, yeah, unemployment is a thing in Southern Europe right now.

On subject of repairs, it takes a lot of time first time around, but for the second time it already takes a lot less. However, water pump is one of those weird crazy parts that have different solutions on different cars and on some cars you even have to lift out the engine to replace it... And on ones that run on cambelt it is usually replaced with the belt itself aswell...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Maybe tindr and grindr work on your area! I've also heard Bumble is good, and theres a new one instagram keeps showing me called "Hinge"

What a tech savvy world the dating game has become

Today I was feeling ill... I had a massive headache as soon as I woke up and it lasted a few hours. It was bad enough that I couldn't do anything >.<. After I had some soup and advil, I was able to do some cleaning and grocery shopping... and then League of Legends!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Started a project where we audit audits.

God its hard to give a shit about checking someone's checking someone's checked work.

Been unable to progress on my bench press from the last 3 trips to the gym because the strangers who spot me can’t follow instructions. I always scope around and start profiling everyone nearby, looking for whoever seems the strongest and most experienced.

Me: Hey could you please spot me real quick?

Them: Yeah no problem!

Me: Thanks, I just need a liftoff on 3. I’m going for 5 reps but I shouldn’t need help. If I need help I’ll let you know, otherwise please don’t touch the bar because then it doesn’t count.

Them: Ok gotcha

They touch the bar

77yLQy8.png

I went to the first Game Developer Club meeting at my school.

Attendance was a whopping me, myself, and I. Lol.

At least I learned about the ECGC (games dev conference). I'm gonna be putting in a request for two days off now... It's in April.

ozXHe7P.png