Today...

Leoo

My roommate is moving out the first of may which means I need to find a new place to live, which I did but before I ramble too much, what is a solid mbps rate for internet? I've never had to pay Comcast directly before to know their specific shenanigans, only that they suck. 100% not going to have tv, I'm only looking for internet here

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

If you don't pirate or download much, then 5 Mbps is enough for general daily use and 720p streaming. If you stream and download more, should look at 10 and up.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I'm at 250mbps right now and I love it, but it's also a bill I would have been splitting. Paying $95/mo for 250 seems a little steep for just myself, especially since I won't be essentially "competing" for connection with my roommate. I wonder if 150 would be ok for my gaming/streaming needs (I have high standards for my connection speed and I stream a lot)

I'm at 250mbps right now and I love it, but it's also a bill I would have been splitting. Paying $95/mo for 250 seems a little steep for just myself, especially since I won't be essentially "competing" for connection with my roommate. I wonder if 150 would be ok for my gaming/streaming needs (I have high standards for my connection speed and I stream a lot)

Should be more than good. Think I was spliting 150 with 4 people this summer and never had issues with gaming or download speeds.
  • Like 1

If I start streaming on twitch as a registered self proprietorship, do you think I could write off my internet bill as a business expense? That'd be something.

Probably only a portion of it. Like if you use a home office you can write off whatever square feet of your house that's considered that office as a business expense. So you'd probably only be able to write of x% of internet usage for work compared to how much you use for personal.

I pay $125/month for 40Mbps, maybe 50 if it feels like it. Before NBN I was paying $99/month for like 15Mbps.

Thanks Malcolm Turnbull. <3 ya

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Even for high-end streaming and stuff 50 Mbps is more than good enough. Depending on provider, they might not be able to give you even that 24/7. And you can't actually use any higher bandwidth unless you download from Steam or sth like that. And if you do download all the time, I'm wondering how much storage room you have. My family back home have 6 Mbps per 4 people, where at least one is constantly on YT and others are playing. If he wants to watch 1080p,it starts lagging, otherwise it's all good.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Had my last driving lesson today! Did great. Perfect 3 point turns, rear backing up, parking, and general driving! Tomorrow I'm going to practice in a family friend's car (it's a crossover) and if all goes well take the driving test Friday.

Also this looks pretty good:

tRjFr2j.png

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

My buddy spent all week convincing me to buy warhammer vermiside or whatever it's called so finally caved yesterday and bought it. Played like 2 or 3 hours with him and it was ok.

Played like an hour today but never completed a round because I kept disconnecting from the host which means I get no loot which means I literally wasted an hour of my life on nothing.

So basically not a great investment.

Currently in the desert that was (still is?) the country where Noxx lived. Due to some Qatar airways penny-pinching and doucheness of the transfer agents I'm forced to spend 10 hours in the airport. Bloody cold in here, I have to wear my down jacket to get some shut-eye and nearly everyone else also has a blanket.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

It's not even spring yet how can you be on spring break already ;-;

I miss spring break. I wanna week off work :/

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I've been doing GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) to gain weight since I've been 125 lbs @ 5'8 (56.7kg/173cm for those of you who don't use freedom units) basically since 2008 when I started lifting. originally wanted to bench 2x my bodyweight (250 lbs @ 125 lbs bodyweight), but could only get to 210 before it became too intense. had to put a towel on my chest for bench since the weight would bruise my chest otherwise lol, and my joints were always sore. currently weighing 153 lbs, shooting for 165 (75kg). bench is relatively weaker now, only benching 215 @ 153... sad seeing my bodyweight increase faster than my bench.

I did a 12 week program for weight lifting. 

Just some shitty thing you could find on bodybuilding.com. I stuck to the program but luckily some of my friends who have been gym rats for 5-10 years corrected some of the stupider things you see on there.

Now I'm starting a strength building program Wendlers 531. My goal still leans towards bodybuilding as in I want bulky visible muscles to add to my lean frame but I don't mind putting that in the back seat to focus on strengh gains first.

I'm 5'10" 160 lbs right now.

At a 5 pound increase in weight on my lift per month this is a long term goal now.

Starting out I can do 5 clean reps at this weight.

135 lbs deadlift

135 lbs squat

115 lbs bench.

The first goal is to get all these to = my current body weight for 5 reps.

if you're a novice, you can add 5 lbs to your bench, 10 lbs to your squat, and 15 lbs to your deadlift every 48 hours if you want to maximize strength gains. after a few months you'll no longer be able to recover as quickly as you can now, and you won't get as strong as quickly as you can now, so take advantage of it while you can. at the same time, though, it's pretty brutal and requires a lot of discipline/consistency to maximize gains like that so most people don't bother... better to do something you know you'll remain consistent with, even it's sub-optimal.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

If I drank a gallon of milk every day I don't think I'd ever shit again

• Like 1

I had a roommate in college who only drank Costco milk for 100% of his caloric intake, and apparently it turned his shit white & liquidy.

Thank goodness this was before I roomed with him.

Lol I'm trying to go down to 130 lbs. (132 would be funny.)

I came up with something hilariously bad. "I like to doodle, so how about I doodle you?" Not going to use it, but found it funny. Maybe as a pick-up line followed by a literal doodle...

ozXHe7P.png

yeah @ ring you definitely should be able to putting on weight faster than that for at least a month if you eat enough, when I started out I added 10 pounds to my squat every workout  from starting with the bar until I hit  about 185, then 5 pounds after that and my deadlifts progressed at a similar rate, and I'm only like 5'4 lol so your body will probably be able to keep that up for longer. but yeah that routine worked until about a 220 squat and 245 deadlift, rock those noob gainz. my bench was always disproportionately awful though, peaked at about 150. Haven't been to the gym in months though, I have a lot more fun running and that way I don't have to pay $55/month for a gym membership lol 

• Like 1

Yesterday I spoke to my academic advisor at FTCC (he's also the head of the computer programming program and one of my instructors) about part-time programming jobs / internships. He referred me to a couple places in Fayetteville, so today I went to both.

The first one I just got to leave my resume, the main guy wasn't there, but at the second place, I had a quick interview! I'd be going into a sales-engineer position (i.e., someone familiar with the tech + trying to sell said tech). They're going to schedule a second interview later today or Monday.

Lol, that would be hilarious: not having a job, then having a job, then moving on to a better job a few months later. I mean, I like Staples a lot, but if I get better pay elsewhere and in something more relevant to my field, I'm gonna grab it.

• Like 4

ozXHe7P.png

A former friend guilt tripped me into giving them my cat at the beginning of the year, and the paperwork I mailed them ~a month ago just came back in the mail with something about it being unclaimed.

I'm really tired of this whole thing, I just wish I could stop getting reminders every time I think I'm done interacting with them.