Today...

Leoo

So apparently NASA has a summer program with a bunch of companies and they invited me to interview...curious what they'll ask in a short time though, I guess mostly personality questions?

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Not sure, from what I understand NASA internships are basically just a GPA check.

In my case they directly set up a contract for me directly so I got to skip that step. What facility are you applying at and whats your field of study if you don't mind saying?

It's the frontier lab summer thing, looks like mainly coding/computing out in Silicon Valley. Also, it's an HR person doing the interviews.

Sorry to hear about your friend and all, that's terrible to hear.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Maybe i'm super naive, but i don't see a World War breaking out any time soon. Let's be real, any country (or even collection of countries) that decide to take on the US are [bleep]ed. To put it plain and simple. Russia has nowhere near the money nor the technology the US Military has. It's pretty obvious that the US has some scary weaponry hidden away. Weaponry that i'm sure will make anything Russia or the rest of the world has, look like it's from the stone-age. No other country in the world, apart from Russia, has the manpower to take on the US. Russia might have the manpower, but as i said, they severely lack the weaponry. Also, you have to consider the fact that the US as allied with so many other countries that would jump at the chance to take down Russia. And then there are the countries who would still fight alongside the US out of pure fear of what would happen to them if they choose not to fight with the US.

I believe most of what is going on between the US and Russia is a game of poker with both players bluffing. Both sides are just waiting for the other one to fold. Only problem is, the US is bluffing with a much better hand. This is all about pride. Putin wants to be known as the President who made the US back down, which is very unlikely to happen with Trump in office. But even taking into account how volatile Putin may be, i don't think he's dumb enough to actually start a war with the US. I think people are overreacting.

Doesn't take much man power to launch nuclear warheads

But shit Ring, what a day. I've lost some people to suicide and it's awful. And I can't even imagine what I'd feel if an now married ex contacted me like that. Bloody strange.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

The youtube channel Binkov's Battlegrounds might be of interest to anyone wondering how various powers stack up. Each video is a scenario, some more plausible than others, that range in scope from a battle between to ships to multi national conflicts. Of the videos I've seen so far, scenarios are limited to the use of conventional weapons, but I think there are at least a couple that deal with nuclear scenarios too. So far as I can tell, they're well researched and well thought out to the limits of publicly available information.

I finished reading the book Clariel a couple days ago, and Goldenhand yesterday; books 4 and 5 in the Old Kingdom Series by Garth Nix. Nix might be my favourite author at this point (was a big fan of the 7 Towers and Keys to the Kingdom series' too). My only criticisim is that the climax of Goldenhand was a bit brief, and ends very quickly on its resolution. Unless he is planning to pick up that story a 6th time, I wouldn't have minded another chapter or two. In any event, Goldenhand fits onto the original 3 books very nicely, while Clariel is a worthy prequel, and the two books make a good dilogy in their own right.

Oh and trump might've just started WW3

I'm so close to 27 can it wait a year so I can't get drafted pls

I would say the odds are low that you'll get drafted just based on how we fight wars nowadays, but I recently learned that the US military is understaffed by several thousand as it is, when WW3 *isn't* happening, so who knows.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

It's weird how some people take "let's never speak again" as "I'm going to stalk you and your family on social media and expect an odd message over uncommon mediums here and there"

I'm with you on that; shit is the worst

• Like 1

I would say the odds are low that you'll get drafted just based on how we fight wars nowadays, but I recently learned that the US military is understaffed by several thousand as it is, when WW3 *isn't* happening, so who knows.

The country with largest military budget is understaffed? 

Luck be a Lady

Direct war between US and Russia isn't gonna happen. Putin is too smart for that.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Russia invaded Ukraine in renewed forces (as Ukrainians just reported large gathering of Russian forces at their border) and tried further incursions in Middle East.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

The country with largest military budget is understaffed?

Yes. They can't get citizens to sign up for the military, and there's not much more they can offer than "free college in America aka hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt avoided" to incentivize people.

Plus, why offer more money to get people to join when instead you can have chronic and severe sleep deprivation from all your soldiers and get the same thing?

Two proper earthquakes within an hour. Epicentre 5 km's from me. "Safe" home for me :D

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

How did you even find such a strange website? It looks like a broken html dump that someone abandoned a decade ago

It's got a bunch of random links, so I'd guess it's a trash site for pushing gold selling sites up higher in search engine lists using keywords and whatnot.

Idk if the references to specific people is helpful, but I suppose they just use a spider to crawl these and other forums to find relative search terms, so...

It's a fun game of find who is "relevant" enough to be featured.

[hide]

Tylerelyt - No

Goonstalf - Yeah!

abc1230 - yes

Halo2proman - no

Death Miasma - no

Dax - No

D.V. Devnull - No. I'm sad about this one. He has such a strong presence on this forum.

[/hide]

I wouldn't say it's all that unusual, looks like they take keywords/phrases from here and there to try and push up traffic. Sort of like how people would put a ten page list of tags for some Youtube videos to hit higher in search results...probably more sites like it floating around in the ether.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Today I hit Invention Level 150 in RuneScape. I also played some League of Legends on My Dragon Lady, a Shyvana-only smurf account I just recently created, and I'm currently Gold 4 on it. I've been playing duo with a friend who's hard-stuck in Silver, and I get really peeved when he wants to tell me how to play, considering I've been Diamond the last 3 seasons lol. It's actually quite annoying having sheep-people complain about my build when I'm literally hard-carrying them -.-.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

It's got a bunch of random links, so I'd guess it's a trash site for pushing gold selling sites up higher in search engine lists using keywords and whatnot.

Idk if the references to specific people is helpful, but I suppose they just use a spider to crawl these and other forums to find relative search terms, so...

It's a fun game of find who is "relevant" enough to be featured.

[hide]

Tylerelyt - No

Goonstalf - Yeah!

abc1230 - yes

Halo2proman - no

Death Miasma - no

Dax - No

D.V. Devnull - No. I'm sad about this one. He has such a strong presence on this forum.

[/hide]

Now I'm sad. I thought I had cred, but I'm just some loser.

• Like 1

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I've got a proper 1st world problem: no idea which stopovers to make for my second round the world trip...

Fiji, Samoa, New Caledonia or Tonga? Santiago or Buenos Aires or Rio? NY or LA?

Unfortunately only got about a week and a half...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I'm in Raleigh. 1 hour 20 minute drive. It's AMAZING. Last time I was in a city was West Palm Beach 14 years ago.

Will post a few pictures later. I went to the natural science in-between talks, was so cool. You don't realize how big dinos were until you're standing in front of one.

Here's some notes I took. Maybe the hiring ones could help Ring_World :p.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Kind of a weird question but does anyone have any good books or resources to use in order to reframe your mindset to a more confident/organized one? I've got about 12 days in which I need to reframe my mind and I'm just looking for some good resources to use to help along the way.

That's probably articulated as well as a 12 year old, but hopefully what I'm asking is clear enough.