Today...

Leoo

I, I have a problem... Just bought another motorcycle yesterday, which means that in 4-ish years of having motorcycles I've pretty much had a different one every year.

At least I always sell the old before buying the new.

You could literally ride a different bike each day of the week. Hell, you could almost make it 2 weeks assuming they're all in driving condition

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Oh my god I create the worst hack around a problem I have ever done.

I made a real-time OpenGL tracing library called ARDEN. RuneScape NXT has (since I last used it on NXT) switched to using pixel buffer objects to transfer textures. When a pixel unpack buffer object is bound, offsets to gl*TexImage*D are relative to the pixel pack buffer--they are not pointers to pixel data! If I try to read from those addresses, I crash (since they're small--like 0x4000 and crap).

So how did I solve it?

Well, I have functions to get the size of the pixel data. I wrapped the return value like so:

std::size_t touchstone::size::TexImage2D::pixels(Dispatch& gl, GLenum format, GLenum type, GLint width, GLint height)
{
	return x_hack_wrap_pixels(gl, Tex::num_components(gl, format, type) * Tex::component_size(gl, type) * width * height);
}
x_hack_wrap_pixels is defined as:

// OMG THIS IS TERRIBLE
static std::size_t x_hack_wrap_pixels(Dispatch& gl, std::size_t length)
{
	GLint binding;
	gl.GetIntegerv(GL_PIXEL_UNPACK_BUFFER_BINDING, &binding);
	if (binding != 0)
	{
		return 0;
	}
	else
	{
		return length;
	}
}
So now when it goes to read the offset, it will read 0 bytes and not crash if a pixel unpack buffer is bound. LOL
  • Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Lol it runs.

UI6iGjV.jpg

Now to fix all the hundred asserts I'm going to hit. I didn't use exceptions and my custom client was made to only run on Linux.

The horrors I've seen porting it to Windows. The horrors...

Unrelated, I have a 100% in ENG-111 with just two assignments left (a small essay [which I just need my brother to proof-read] and a discussion board thing [the teacher is going to be MIA Monday]), 100% in my intro to programming with Alice/Java class, 98% in MAT-143 (algebra, but there's still a crap ton of stuff that needs graded so I have a feeling that'll drop), and 100% in my intro to web/database. For the web/db class I made this:

RTjOTH2.png

It's a website served by some vanilla Python (i.e., literally just Python 3.x vanilla installation). There's a database that stores notes about... Lumbridge... I populate it with some sample data (it's an in-memory database because I can't be bothered handling creating separate from using) and have a page to add notes, too. HTML is properly escaped (yay). The assignment was to just make a website with 5 static pages. I kind of went overboard lol.

The coolest thing was I helped a couple friends I made in Intro to Programming (CIS-115), and they both did great on the final exam! My one friend was going to drop it but I convinced her not to, and then we practiced before the exam. I felt so happy for them :). There's the "good acts are selfish" thing (which isn't always true I have proof!!).

Also unrelated, I'm trying to get an internship at a local software development shop. They used to do things like game development (e.g., for like mobile apps for promos from companies) but they're switching to a SaaS app. I had to answer a few questions and I think I did well but I'll follow up in person Tuesday. Here's hoping!

Also I went on a swell date.

Lastly my brother woke me up after seeing Infinity Wars because he forgot his keys and now I can't fall asleep RIP.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Goldwings ain't even bikes, they are couches on two wheels.

Wish I had that trouble with bikes, currently just have my wee li'l Bronco. Which I need to sell in the coming month.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I remember implementing RSA for a cryptography course in college. The algorithm is trickier than it looks, and there are a lot of opportunities to show off good programming practices. Solid interview question

Man, I don't think I've ever seen a Goldie this naked. And you are right, it is pretty hot.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Another night of [bleep]ing gainging and dripping 10 ranks in rocket league in one [bleep]ing sitting [bleep]ing God damn bullshit stuck

Another day of 12 h of work.

Bloody tired...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Today I'm trying to hit 200m Invention... I still need 1.2m to go though! :(

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I will. In June.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I really hate programming GUIs.

gubgUkp.gif

I only have Button and a ButtonRenderer done. Need to implement LabelRenderer and TextInputRenderer. Ugh.

I'm working on items but I need a way to view an inventory so YEP GOTTA MAKE A GUI because might as well do it now.

ozXHe7P.png

Apparently FunOrb will be shut down at the end of the summer. If only they would give away the code and let someone else run with it, or host on their own server...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Has jagex had a single success other than RS? Seems like a bunch of trainwrecks after another

FunOrb could have been a success if they didn't dumpster it themselves. There were a few good games on there.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Jagex is such a bad company.

"Why make arcanists for mobile if it wont outsell angry birds"

Check their glassdoor page if you wanna laugh

To what end, to see some players complaining?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

To see employees complaining. A lot of talk about how internal tools are used instead of industry standard tools and how much dev time is wasted because of it.

How upper management pushes bad updates devs know won't be popular.

How clueless they are about expanding into other markets and making other games.

Except there's no verification that these are employee comments as opposed to players masquerading as such.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Yoooooo one of my lawyers quit and for legal reasons I can't say why but if youre extra creepy and pay attention to news networks there's a small chance you'll eventually see it (fingers crossed for a slow news day soon so someone actually cares enough to cover it)

I still haven't heard anything about that internship. They've missed their self-imposed deadlines 3 times now. I wonder if I should contact them, though I have nothing to lose by waiting and perhaps some of the other candidates will end up accepting other offers if it drags on even longer...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png