Today...

Leoo

So RPG is in a position where he has his own lawyers whose things are newsworthy? What have I missed?

Worked so long I got a mandatory day off...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Close to finishing my master's degree and the job hunt is on. These multi-stage applications are getting really arduous.

I don't really have any idea where I want to live or what company I want to work for.

I've had a pretty miserable academic year socially - but it was fixed when I met two people from this forum last week and we went on a road trip around south west England which was really fun. Great community this.  |^_^|

Today a Senator told me my last name sounded Jewish and suggested I applied for a job at their law firm.

I am not a lawyer

• Like 1

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

But are you Jewish????????????

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Jewish people can be bankers too, you know. Or Hollywood producers.

And I've always had vacations aswell, and I think I don't really like backpacking alone like that. If I had a partner to go with, I'd be super excited. But alone, gets lonely and I don't have the discipline and patience in some stuff.

Right now, I got a business plan and I'm hoping to kick it off whenever I get back home. A small import-distribute-promote thingy for a product I know now quite a lot of and which is unique and hopefully well accepted in the market.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

But are you Jewish????????????

He already said he isn't a lawyer.

Lol, I thought it was common knowledge that I was Jewish. But no, not a lawyer/banker/Hollywood elite/lizard

You know, I may have my thoughts about the opinions of some of the other people on this forum, but at least we never had an explicit neo nazi complaining sbout international finance or w/e.

Apparently that was a common thing for forums back in the day. So I'm glad this one avoided it.

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

You know, I may have my thoughts about the opinions of some of the other people on this forum, but at least we never had an explicit neo nazi complaining sbout international finance or w/e.

Apparently that was a common thing for forums back in the day. So I'm glad this one avoided it.

*Scrolls up, slowly deletes the six-paragraph rant I was writing...*

Speaking of rants though, I didn't get that internship. I wrote back and complained in rather strong terms, and was then told most of the people they took had 5-10 more years of work experience...even though their application encouraged people at my level to apply. It does say something when that's the best argument the program director can put forward though. Guess I'll keep looking elsewhere.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Speaking of rants though, I didn't get that internship. I wrote back and complained in rather strong terms, and was then told most of the people they took had 5-10 more years of work experience...even though their application encouraged people at my level to apply. It does say something when that's the best argument the program director can put forward though. Guess I'll keep looking elsewhere.

For an internship?? How are people intended to...get that experience?
  • Like 1

Today my office had an offsite and all went to a baseball game, so I basically didn't have to work. I don't really give a shit about baseball but there was free food and beer and it was super nice and I got to hang out with my friends so that was a pretty good time!!

Also I saw an author I really like give an awesome presentation today! Her name is Yaa Gyasi. She wrote a book called Homegoing that I really adored. It follows the lineages of two half-sisters that never meet on the Gold coast in Ghana around 1750 and follows through 8 generations of each of their children. One of the sisters is married to a white slaver, while the other is taken as a slave and kept in his castle and shipped off to America. It gives an incredible portrayal of how slavery shaped the lives of generations of people from their own perspectives rather than the glossed over one covered in history books. Super fascinating read and I blew through it in a week. She was interviewed by a local poet and answered a bunch of audience questions about the work and did a book signing after. It was super cool to see and to get to meet her; her process was fascinating and it blows me away that she started this thing when she was 20. Can't recommend the book enough.

I'm about to go visit home for the first time since christmas tomorrow morning though!! Which I'm super excited for, it's very overdue. Deeeeeeefinitely needed this break from work.

Also @ everyone going through the shitshow that is the CS job hunt rn, I interview interns and fresh college grads at my current job so let me know if there's anything I can help with. (Though I might be switching jobs sooner rather than later but that's a story for a different time lol)

So I've been fighting with my Kodi for a few months now(lots of dead links and general stream issues) and decided it was probably time to delete it and find a new build. I was on 16.1, and as of a few days ago I've installed 17.6. Now the problem is that I can't find any addons that actually function. I'm not interested in paying for a piracy VPN or service because the whole point of this is so I'm not paying for anything.

Anyone else use Kodi with reasonable success?

Ummm.... Yeah. 5-10 years for an INTERNSHIP? Why not just stay at your current job that you've had for 5-10 years and make real money? 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

SankZxC.png

He's the Retromancer: a superhero who has the power of whatever enemies he has defeated in video games.

Lol that's the stupidest superpower but it's incredibly OP.

I doodled his human form but haven't filled it in.

ozXHe7P.png

Kind of. Imagine if when Batman/whoever played Dark Souls and defeated Ornstein he could summon a spear and shoot lightning. And then he defeats Bowser from Super Mario 64 and he can breath flames. And he defeats Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII and can use Supernova. Etc. Basically it's like 4th wall Megaman?

I guess the joke could be he sucks at video games so only defeats things like Goombas.

It's just a doodle I'm not going to do anything with it AFAIK. I just like giving backgrounds to my doodles D:

ozXHe7P.png

*Scrolls up, slowly deletes the six-paragraph rant I was writing...*

Man [bleep] job hunting

Today my office had an offsite and all went to a baseball game, so I basically didn't have to work. I don't really give a shit about baseball but there was free food and beer and it was super nice and I got to hang out with my friends so that was a pretty good time!!

Also I saw an author I really like give an awesome presentation today! Her name is Yaa Gyasi. She wrote a book called Homegoing that I really adored. It follows the lineages of two half-sisters that never meet on the Gold coast in Ghana around 1750 and follows through 8 generations of each of their children. One of the sisters is married to a white slaver, while the other is taken as a slave and kept in his castle and shipped off to America. It gives an incredible portrayal of how slavery shaped the lives of generations of people from their own perspectives rather than the glossed over one covered in history books. Super fascinating read and I blew through it in a week. She was interviewed by a local poet and answered a bunch of audience questions about the work and did a book signing after. It was super cool to see and to get to meet her; her process was fascinating and it blows me away that she started this thing when she was 20. Can't recommend the book enough.

I'm about to go visit home for the first time since christmas tomorrow morning though!! Which I'm super excited for, it's very overdue. Deeeeeeefinitely needed this break from work.

Also @ everyone going through the shitshow that is the CS job hunt rn, I interview interns and fresh college grads at my current job so let me know if there's anything I can help with. (Though I might be switching jobs sooner rather than later but that's a story for a different time lol)

So I've been fighting with my Kodi for a few months now(lots of dead links and general stream issues) and decided it was probably time to delete it and find a new build. I was on 16.1, and as of a few days ago I've installed 17.6. Now the problem is that I can't find any addons that actually function. I'm not interested in paying for a piracy VPN or service because the whole point of this is so I'm not paying for anything.

Anyone else use Kodi with reasonable success?

I'm finding terrarium and (?)streamable are pretty good. If you're looking for a free VPN, atom VPN is good and works well.

I don't even try kodi anymore.

4 years university counts as roughly 2 years experience if you sell it that way. I haven't hesitated to talk about university cousework with Spring boot and Hibernate for full stack positions. 

Contribute to open source projects

Get a data entry job and write software for it. Your not a developer congrats, list that whole 1-n years xp there as a developer position.

Ummm.... Yeah. 5-10 years for an INTERNSHIP? Why not just stay at your current job that you've had for 5-10 years and make real money? 

SankZxC.png

He's the Retromancer: a superhero who has the power of whatever enemies he has defeated in video games.

Lol that's the stupidest superpower but it's incredibly OP.

I doodled his human form but haven't filled it in.

So, mega man?

Kind of. Imagine if when Batman/whoever played Dark Souls and defeated Ornstein he could summon a spear and shoot lightning. And then he defeats Bowser from Super Mario 64 and he can breath flames. And he defeats Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII and can use Supernova. Etc. Basically it's like 4th wall Megaman?

I guess the joke could be he sucks at video games so only defeats things like Goombas.

It's just a doodle I'm not going to do anything with it AFAIK. I just like giving backgrounds to my doodles D:

• Like 3

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

It's more like demonizing and stealing from the jewish people & immigrants worked to make the nazis powerful once, why can't it work again?