Today...

Leoo

We got most of the day off from school today :mrgreen: I have no idea why, but i'm not complaining :roll:.

That test makes me glad I don't take chemistry :blink:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Wow, even though Chemistry/Organic chemistry is my weak subject, that exam looks pretty advanced. Do they teach you electron pushing, molecular orbitals and all the underlying stuff in reactions and compounds? Because if so, that's University-level stuff... :shock:

edit: the "chemistry" exam was basic high school stuff, but the "carbon chemistry" exam was the hard one I'm talking aboot

What ? University level ?

I dont think they actually teach what you've mentioned, because I had a look at the "outcomes" [very similar to ours] and that's not required [for New Zealand]. What you say is uni level, we've done in Year 11, some parts in the beginning of Year 12. Where did you get the idea that you need "electron pushing", molecular orbitals etc ...

I've had a look at the courses and stuff offered and how it's structured, and it's much much better than Australia's system

There are a [bleep]load of courses and the credit stuff is better than our Highly Screwed Chance. There's like hundred of different "courses" instead of our only 25-30 which you do over two years. Whereas in NZ, more courses, segregated, and over a longer period. It's much more broken down, which is better.

Funnily enough, some of the stuff that they're doing now we did much later, and vice versa. For example that carbon chemistry section contains stuff I did over 10-11.

Wongtong, when can you take the levels 3+ ?

It's funny you say that because NCEA has come under a lot of critisism since it was introduction in...'01...I think. And you generally take the levels in order, so Level 1 in Year 11, Level 2 in Year 12 and Level 3 in Year 13. Of course if you're good you can be put up a year for some classes. Also lots of students do one or two papers from a level above, say a Level one paper in Year 10, just to get some of the work out of the way.

Sometimes it can caus epeople to be lazy and not sit external exams, because you need 80 "credits" to pass, including atleast 8 in Maths and English. But you can easily get 140-150 credits if you pass all the work you'd normally do, so some people can pass without having to do any external exams.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I gave up a 22 year ban on rice (Cause it's so bland and unfufilling to me0 to eat lunch with an attractive Asian girl - gotta show her you can hang you know?

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Well, it had like mixed veggies in it - I went bland on the sauce - Sauce typically has too many calories (yes this is coming from fast food man). I never liked rice as a kid - and I'm not a fan of it still, but it was ok - i'd eat it again, not going to look forward to it - but cute Asians are worth eating a bit of rice during lunch for

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Wow, even though Chemistry/Organic chemistry is my weak subject, that exam looks pretty advanced. Do they teach you electron pushing, molecular orbitals and all the underlying stuff in reactions and compounds? Because if so, that's University-level stuff... :shock:

edit: the "chemistry" exam was basic high school stuff, but the "carbon chemistry" exam was the hard one I'm talking aboot

What ? University level ?

I dont think they actually teach what you've mentioned, because I had a look at the "outcomes" [very similar to ours] and that's not required [for New Zealand]. What you say is uni level, we've done in Year 11, some parts in the beginning of Year 12. Where did you get the idea that you need "electron pushing", molecular orbitals etc ...

I've had a look at the courses and stuff offered and how it's structured, and it's much much better than Australia's system

There are a [bleep]load of courses and the credit stuff is better than our Highly Screwed Chance. There's like hundred of different "courses" instead of our only 25-30 which you do over two years. Whereas in NZ, more courses, segregated, and over a longer period. It's much more broken down, which is better.

Funnily enough, some of the stuff that they're doing now we did much later, and vice versa. For example that carbon chemistry section contains stuff I did over 10-11.

Wongtong, when can you take the levels 3+ ?

It's funny you say that because NCEA has come under a lot of critisism since it was introduction in...'01...I think. And you generally take the levels in order, so Level 1 in Year 11, Level 2 in Year 12 and Level 3 in Year 13. Of course if you're good you can be put up a year for some classes. Also lots of students do one or two papers from a level above, say a Level one paper in Year 10, just to get some of the work out of the way.

Sometimes it can caus epeople to be lazy and not sit external exams, because you need 80 "credits" to pass, including atleast 8 in Maths and English. But you can easily get 140-150 credits if you pass all the work you'd normally do, so some people can pass without having to do any external exams.

At my school you're only allowed to be excelled in a few subjects - I took Level 1 Music in Year 10 (I was very annoyed I got put up because I had never taken a music class in previous years, and I am a practical person, not a theory person! - ended up getting E for performances but A/M for theory things). The other subject you can be excelled in at my school is .. Maths. That's it.

At Boys' High however, students can be excelled in all their subjects - I have a 15 (turning 16) year old friend who is going to be taking Level 3 NCEA subjects this year, and then going to university next year.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Had a wonderful day of college. Actually I can tell this is going to be a great semester. I'm part of two different bands, and also trying to get through general studies. So my plate is very full this semester :thumbsup:

Music major= WIN!

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I wish I was a music person, as in able to play, but I suck...hard. Wow is your friend some kind of super genius?

Nup, nothing special about him...

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I wish I was a music person, as in able to play, but I suck...hard. Wow is your friend some kind of super genius?

How years has he been put up? just one? Still, he'll be 16 when he starts Uni?

rosssigfinal.jpg

Picking my courses for freshman year next week. I'm thinking I'll take either Video Production or Photography.

Honestly when I did that I think I got like 1 or 0 of the classes I picked.

Also, at least my schools photo class is a [bleep]ing joke.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

He was put up a year for being born before July (everyone born before July gets put up a year). So.. he was supposed to be in Year 10 last year, but was a Year 11 (my year). He was then put up another year for excelling, so he was studying subjects at a Year 12 standard in 2009. This year he will be studying Year 13 subjects and going to uni next year - yup, he'll be 16.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Take video production. Photography is a joke at most schools, unless you get in with the teacher. Video production is a great class to have under your belt, no matter what you do in life.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I wish I was a music person, as in able to play, but I suck...hard.

Just learn a string instrument. They're really easy with a bit of practice.

I'm probably going to UCF in a year and a half, majoring in english or writing and minoring in music. I'd looooooove to major in music, but the industry's too much of a risk and only gets riskier and riskier the older I get. Man, I love it so much. I'm a huge theory-head. The music theory course in my school is notorious for being hard; it scares all of the band kids away. It's mostly filled with stupid guitarists that didn't know what they were getting into and didn't switch out and are now failing, and then the few decent musicians pulling A's and B's. I've had an A all year though :thumbsup:

Then after that university probably over to a trade school to get a degree in game design, then over to Texas/California to try to land a job in the game industry. I'm so glad the game industry isn't too popular up north, I hate cold weather. 23 F outside, I'm so miserable right now >.<

wl7w9j.png

So way back when in 2003, my dad got me a present for my birthday that consisted of a set from that year of Hot Wheels, every car of that year. I remember thinking "Well this sucks, i'll never use that" and it's sat in a box in my closet ever since. I just got curious and looked up the prices of some of these. Guess who's got a little die-cast car worth $175? And that's just one of them o_O

So way back when in 2003, my dad got me a present for my birthday that consisted of a set from that year of Hot Wheels, every car of that year. I remember thinking "Well this sucks, i'll never use that" and it's sat in a box in my closet ever since. I just got curious and looked up the prices of some of these. Guess who's got a little die-cast car worth $175? And that's just one of them o_O

Bad [wagon].

That is pretty cool.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

He was put up a year for being born before July (everyone born before July gets put up a year). So.. he was supposed to be in Year 10 last year, but was a Year 11 (my year). He was then put up another year for excelling, so he was studying subjects at a Year 12 standard in 2009. This year he will be studying Year 13 subjects and going to uni next year - yup, he'll be 16.

Damn. Yeah my birthday is right on the cut off, so I could have been up or down a year. But I went up 8-)

I wish I was a music person, as in able to play, but I suck...hard.

Just learn a string instrument. They're really easy with a bit of practice.

I'm probably going to UCF in a year and a half, majoring in english or writing and minoring in music. I'd looooooove to major in music, but the industry's too much of a risk and only gets riskier and riskier the older I get. Man, I love it so much. I'm a huge theory-head. The music theory course in my school is notorious for being hard; it scares all of the band kids away. It's mostly filled with stupid guitarists that didn't know what they were getting into and didn't switch out and are now failing, and then the few decent musicians pulling A's and B's. I've had an A all year though :thumbsup:

Then after that university probably over to a trade school to get a degree in game design, then over to Texas/California to try to land a job in the game industry. I'm so glad the game industry isn't too popular up north, I hate cold weather. 23 F outside, I'm so miserable right now >.<

Music was complusary for my class when I was in 3rd form, so like 12/13 but my interest in music wasn't great, so I opted to take the easy route out like every who couldn't be [bleep]ed, and play recorder... Something I regret know lol. I do have an acoustic guitar, not that I ever really use it...at all.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I was the drummer at my old high school. After I moved, they had to drop Jazz band because every other drummer sucked [wagon].

Today I unfortunately witnessed a rabbit tapping a cat. Not cool bro. I took a few advil and went to my computer and lurked the forums for the past two hours.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]