Personality/Type Indicator

Shiny

There's nothing wrong in taking these tests, so long as you remember four things:

1) This isn't an official psychiatric report, even if you payed for it. Just because you get the Counsellor type doesn't mean you should open your own service, or run off to the nearest doctor claiming you're suffering from bipolar disorder (as some 'descriptions' I've seen have implied a connection).

2) Don't box yourself based on this result. For example, I'm an introvert on this test, but whenever someone says a racist comment around me, I become the most extroverted character imaginable. This test displays your basic preferences, not the limits of who you are as a person.

3) You will not likely be able to relate 100% to any character type in this test. You'll almost definitely lie somewhere between the middle of two types. I'm INFP, but I also show some traits of INFJ. Looking at my results on this test, I was only slightly perceiving. I'm also quite judgemental at times. I lie in the middle of those two traits.

4) Some are totally bogus. This one is, as I said, OK. Not great, but not a disaster either. The questions are closed, and it makes a limited attempt at clarification through repeating answers. The ones on MySpace and Facebook are totally laughable, especially the Enneageam tests. I've seen the most backstabbing, precarious people going label themselves as Sixes on that test. :roll:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The questions are closed, and it makes a limited attempt at clarification through repeating answers. The ones on MySpace and Facebook are totally laughable, especially the Enneageam tests. I've seen the most backstabbing, precarious people going label themselves as Sixes on that test. :roll:

Not just on MySpace.. But almost every "test" I've seen is way too broad and insincere.

Really, if the test thinks someone is a cold hearted, manipulative b.... who doesn't care about anyone else than herself, let the person hear it. The test made repeat questions in different forms and got an accurate answer based on the formula; Let her hear it.

Instead, it gives you this sugar coated, feel-good half truth that's supposed to brighten everyone's day by telling you & me how unique we are. That's more like entertainment, such as horoscopes, instead of a real scientific study of personality.

Like you said, not that it actually matters. I almost laughed at some of the test replies. "LOL, ur so right, that's so typical of us FJ's. i'd hate to wade through TD's and guardians in an office setting just to get to be boss!"

Reeks of ignorance. People really identify themselves with anything they percieve to give some 'privilege' or 'status'.

INTJ, mastermind

Introverted 67% Intuitive 75% Thinking 50% Judging 22%

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert

* distinctively expressed intuitive personality

* moderately expressed thinking personality

* slightly expressed judging personality

It seems pretty accurate and the career planner thingy got all careers that I've been thinking of =D>

The ones on MySpace and Facebook are totally laughable

You've obviously never seen my one then ;) :P

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

I agree with ginger. His one described him crazily well though. If youi wiki your types you can cone up with less biased reviews of your basic personality. A lot of masterminds here, which I don't find all too comforting.

I'm surprised there isn't any other ESFP....

lampost_sig_stark.png

slightly expressed extravert

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality

Your Type is

ESFJ

Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging

Strength of the preferences %

22 1 38 44

Eh.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I love this kind of quiz! My results were:

Your Type is

INFJ

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

44 50 25 44

moderately expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

I'm not too sure, but I think that's accurate. ::'

I remeber doing a test similar to this, but it was themed to The Simpsons :? From memory I came out as the protector.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Didn't take this particular test yet, but every time I tested for Myers-Briggs I got the typical idealist's result.

INFJ

It's funny to see how lots of the people I identify with/like on this forum have the same, or very similar personality types.

I did the test yesterday, and came out with somthing like extrovert. But I really don't see the point in personality tests. You know who you are, you don't need a dodgy test (in most cases, this one was good) to see what category you are in.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Your Type is

INTP - Rational Architect

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert

* moderately expressed intuitive personality

* slightly expressed thinking personality

* moderately expressed perceiving personality

Funnily enough, the three careers I've always had in mind are suggested careers, engineering, lawyer, and computer programming.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

ENTJ

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

11 38 25 33

You are:

* slightly expressed extravert

* moderately expressed thinking personality

* moderately expressed judging personality

Woohoo...?

INTJ - Mastermind

I : 89% N : 75% T : 62% J : 44%

You are:

very expressed introvert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

distinctively expressed thinking personality

Pretty accurate, much more so than most of these tests.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Your type is: INTP

You are:

-distinctively expressed introvert

-distinctively expressed intuitive personality

-slightly expressed thinking personality

-distinctively expressed perceiving personality

[hide=]Architects need not be thought of as only interested in drawing blueprints for buildings or roads or bridges. They are the master designers of all kinds of theoretical systems, including school curricula, corporate strategies, and new technologies. For Architects, the world exists primarily to be analyzed, understood, explained - and re-designed. External reality in itself is unimportant, little more than raw material to be organized into structural models. What is important for Architects is that they grasp fundamental principles and natural laws, and that their designs are elegant, that is, efficient and coherent.

Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population - and show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made. It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker's error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many.

Ruthless pragmatists about ideas, and insatiably curious, Architects are driven to find the most efficient means to their ends, and they will learn in any manner and degree they can. They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them. Architects are interested only in what make sense, and thus only statements that are consistent and coherent carry any weight with them.

Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven.[/hide]

I think so, actually. I think they got a good idea of who I am, but this is too basic. I think I'm more complex than that. I've learned that conforming to these tests and their results is a bad idea.

They were right about the over-analyzing personality, though, and what goes on inside of my head.

INTJ

44%introverted 75%intuitive 25%thinking 11%judging

mastermind

[hide=]The Mastermind (INTJ) is very focused as well, but more on an internal vision. They are good at solving problems and like to work on tough intellectual puzzles. They are often led into technical positions such as scientific researcher, design engineer, environmental planner. The developing field of genetics benefits from their intensity as does the field of medicine. In education they are most often found at the college and university level. In the professions, they may be a lawyer, a business analyst, or strategic planner. Some have a strong artistic/creative bent and may become an artist, inventor, or designer. Whatever they do, they do it with intensity. Says Kim, "I am constantly teaching myself something new in order to solve the problems that I encounter. My husband leaves me alone when he sees that I am caught in what he calls my "Thinking Time." I'm unwinding knots even in my sleep."[/hide]

constantly learning stuff for something else really sounds like me though

sounds pretty accurate though i would say fieldmarshal right above only difference is being extroverted sounds a lot like me too.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Your type is: INTP

You are:

-distinctively expressed introvert

-distinctively expressed intuitive personality

-slightly expressed thinking personality

-distinctively expressed perceiving personality

[hide=]Architects need not be thought of as only interested in drawing blueprints for buildings or roads or bridges. They are the master designers of all kinds of theoretical systems, including school curricula, corporate strategies, and new technologies. For Architects, the world exists primarily to be analyzed, understood, explained - and re-designed. External reality in itself is unimportant, little more than raw material to be organized into structural models. What is important for Architects is that they grasp fundamental principles and natural laws, and that their designs are elegant, that is, efficient and coherent.

Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population - and show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made. It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker's error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many.

Ruthless pragmatists about ideas, and insatiably curious, Architects are driven to find the most efficient means to their ends, and they will learn in any manner and degree they can. They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them. Architects are interested only in what make sense, and thus only statements that are consistent and coherent carry any weight with them.

Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven.[/hide]

I think so, actually. I think they got a good idea of who I am, but this is too basic. I think I'm more complex than that. I've learned that conforming to these tests and their results is a bad idea.

They were right about the over-analyzing personality, though, and what goes on inside of my head.

Welcome to the Architect club rush!

And the reason you think this is too basic is because, we as Architects are over-thinking, paranoid people that can't handle large social situations!!

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

I did the test yesterday, and came out with somthing like extrovert. But I really don't see the point in personality tests. You know who you are, you don't need a dodgy test (in most cases, this one was good) to see what category you are in.

Actually, Mel asked me one day a while ago if I knew who I was. I thought about it for about 5 minutes and had to answer no. Most people (and by most I mean close to 98%+) wouldn't honestly know who they are. They know who they THINK they are but that's not the same.

I did the test yesterday, and came out with something like extrovert. But I really don't see the point in personality tests. You know who you are, you don't need a dodgy test (in most cases, this one was good) to see what category you are in.

Actually, Mel asked me one day a while ago if I knew who I was. I thought about it for about 5 minutes and had to answer no. Most people (and by most I mean close to 98%+) wouldn't honestly know who they are. They know who they THINK they are but that's not the same.

So next time someone asks you you can say "I'm a distinctly expressed introvert. I am pretty much the same as millions of other people in the world." You are you.

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

I did the test yesterday, and came out with something like extrovert. But I really don't see the point in personality tests. You know who you are, you don't need a dodgy test (in most cases, this one was good) to see what category you are in.

So next time someone asks you you can say "I'm a distinctly expressed introvert. I am pretty much the same as millions of other people in the world." You are you.

Personality tests do only tell you what you already know, but they tell you it in a way that is more organised than you typically think about personality. For example, if I asked you to write down a list of adjectives that described your personality, you could probably do it. But the result might not be that useful, especially when it comes to comparing you to other people, or to guessing what you might do in future situations (e.g. what jobs you might like) based on your list of adjectives. So a personality test still basically gets you to describe yourself, but in an organised framework that takes account of the different areas that personality is made up of. Yes, everyone is unique, but it would also be stupid to say that there aren't similarities between personalities also.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

ISFP (whatever that is)

[hide=Description]More than the other Artisans, Composers are in tune with their senses, and so have a sure grasp of what belongs, and what doesn't belong, in all kinds of works of art. While the other Artisans are skilled with people, tools, and entertainment, Composers have an exceptional ability-seemingly inborn-to work with subtle differences in color, tone, texture, aroma, and flavor.

Although Composers often put long, lonely hours into their artistry, they are just as impulsive as the other Artisans. They do not wait to consider their moves; rather, they act in the here and now, with little or no planning or preparation. Composers are seized by the act of artistic composition, as if caught up in a whirlwind. The act is their master, not the reverse. Composers paint or sculpt, they dance or skate, they write melodies or make recipes-or whatever-simply because they must. They climb the mountain because it is there.

This ability to lose themselves in action accounts for the spectacular individual accomplishments of some Composers, and yet on their social side they show a kindness unmatched by all the other types. Composers are especially sensitive to the pain and suffering of others, and they sympathize freely with the sufferer. Some have a remarkable way with young children, almost as if there were a natural bond of sympathy and trust between them. A similar bond may be seen between some Composers and animals, even wild animals. Many Composers have an instinctive longing for the wilds, and nature seems to welcome them.

Composers are just as plentiful as the other Artisans, say nine or ten per cent of the population, but in general they are very difficult to observe and thus greatly misunderstood. Very likely the difficulty comes from their tendency not to express themselves verbally, but through their works of art. Composers are usually not interested in developing ability in public speaking, or even in the art of conversation; they prefer to feel the pulse of life by touch, in the muscles, in the eyes, in the ears, on the tongue. Make no mistake, Composers are just as interested as other types in sharing their view of the world, and if they find a medium of non-verbal communication-some art form-then they will express their character quite eloquently. If not, they simply remain unknown, their quietness leaving their character all but invisible.[/hide]

we i can say that IS mostly true, i dont like to follow others ways, i have to do things MY way, MYSELF. all in all, bugger the tests. i dont belive in the fact that you can calculate your soul.

Popoto.~<3

Your Type is

INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

56 25 100 44

You are:

moderately expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

very expressed thinking personality

--------

Apparently I'm a "Mastermind." :lol:

But seriously, I'm not really surprised by any of the results.

I got mastermind too.

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

INTP

78 25 75 56

* very expressed introvert

* distinctively expressed thinking personality

* moderately expressed perceiving personality

I feel like I'm in good company:

Famous INTPs:

Socrates

Rene Descartes

Blaise Pascal

Sir Isaac Newton