Extreme weather you have experienced

RSBDavid

Was in a flood in 1996. Well, I was near 2 floods, in a small locality located between to small cities (now all 3 are one), and luckilly it was on a low mountain since both cities got flooded, and only one house stayed at its place in the water's way, it was what I call a fast flood, where water goes fast, not a simple "water stay there" flood.

It had rained real lots in the last 2 days from the flood, and the rivers were full.

Phenomena.

Well, that's my two cents.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Well nothing dangerous has happened to me, but in Friday January 12, 2007 it snowed in my area. :o In Southern California thats quite rare...last time it happened I believe it was in the 1930s... A teacher got headshotted by a snowball. :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

well im pretty scared of tornados and one time i was in new jersey along the beach/ocean or whatever it was and it was extremely windy out and huge clouds and thunder and lightning and it was pretty much just the highest winds i had ever been in.

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

Tornadoes all the time when I still lived in Amarillo, only one actually hit us though, and it was just over an F1. Of course, we were standing with the door open, watching it like 'tards.

A flood in around 1998, went up to my dad's thighs I think. And we lived in the middle of a flat piece of land, with no rivers anywhere close. I was little then though, so it's probably exaggerated a bit.

A blizzard in '04 or '05, still had to go to school. Over a foot of snow within a few hours, 50 mile per hour winds (I think, between 40 and 50). Our principal had to push cars, and almost caught frostbite. Plus over a hundred people died from accidents. Not a pretty day.

Hail storm, June of '05 I think. Destroyed every single window on one side of a hospital. Only one patient was even injured, but it was massive hail.

Brush fires would happen two or three times a year; if they were close my parents would help put them out. Smoke was insane.

I think that's it, apart from weekly thunderstorms (those don't really count). I love extreme weather. The town I'm in now sucks weatherwise. Even though they have good reason to freak out if a tornado even comes close.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I remember when three hurricanes hit Florida within the span of about a month. That was four years ago. All I can remember was the power went out and the wind cracking the roof open a little bit. All the rain got through the crack and some mold developed on our walls. Boy, that wasn't fun to clean. :x

Also, I remember being in a few mini floods, but the water wasn't even like a foot high.

Once a tornado skipped over my house.

Another time there was golf ball sized hail about half a mile from my house. My brother and I ran down to where the hail had been and played with the hail left on the ground. We made a hail man and played hail golf.

One year we were supposed to get about an inch of snow. Instead we got 4 inches of sleet/hail covered with a quarter inch of freezing rain. School was closed for a week because it took forever for it all to melt and you could literally ice skate on the yard. Made for some badass sledding too. Between the sides of some office buildings near were I live some drifts of that sleet mixture formed a natural luge course. Man that was fun.

I haven't really been through that much. The worst was probably this year, when it was about 1 A.M., pitch black outside, and storming all over the state. There were at least 2 tornadoes in our county, 1 within 10 miles of us. I woke up to Tornado Sirens blaring, and when I looked outside, where it was pitch black, the only thing I saw was the rain pounding on the window, and the occasional really loud blast of lightning. Turns out that was the worst storm our state had had in a while.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Living near Chicago, weather can some time get to a point where it's hard to bear, but rarely extreme. We had hail in July which was pretty interesting. The occasional snowstorm in winter that Chicagoans have as a part of life which doesn't hold us back at all. and sometimes a week of unusually high temps. The last major thing that happened was when a tornado actually touched down in Chicago last week, but didn't do any damage, and moved to a suburb of Chicago later.

My dad remembered a particular snowstorm in the 80s. Temperatures were below zero, snow was a foot high, cars wouldn't start. Maybe New York's gotten used to it, but it's unnatural for us.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Having an outdoor poo in -35c. Gotta love the winter camps in Finnish army, especially the ones which last for few weeks. Note, that wasn't the only "stomach emptying progress" in -30c or colder.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Severe thunderstorms are routine where I live (Minnesota). I've never seen a tornado before, though I'd love to (preferably a smaller one, and one that's not moving toward my house).

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Hailstorm in 1994, Flood in 1998, Flood in 2006 or 2007. nothing major....pity though, i want it to WAINE! -.- (only had high level winds through winter rather then floods like normal.)

Popoto.~<3

Severe thunderstorms are routine where I live (Minnesota). I've never seen a tornado before, though I'd love to (preferably a smaller one, and one that's not moving toward my house).

You can safely view a small tornado from half a mile away. Well, by our definition of safe. Keep the vehicle running and away from trees if there's lightning, and you're good to go. Very few tornadoes can even stay on the ground for a mile.

I'm sure you'd love them.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

It's disturbingly calm here in Europe, but 4 years ago on my annual snowboarding trip, we got caught in a pretty serious blizzard at a little over 3 kms height (that's about 10,000 ft, which is pretty high in the Alps). It was -20°, we couldn't see a thing and we were miles and miles away from anything warm and safe. Luckily, I've got very down-to-earth and calm friends, and I'm not the panicky type either, so we just slowly grinded down the mountain, pretty much waiting until the blizzard was over. It's the Alps, not Alaska, so such storms never last long we tought, and we were right. Cold as hell though.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Boston and Taiwan are like extreme opposites.

In Boston, we get a lot of blizzards (Nothing compared to other places though), and nor'easters (Not sure if that's the correct spelling, but well...They're a trademark of northeast USA) The past month, we had some huge thunderstorms, but not a hurricane or typhoon. Once, it hailed though. I *think* once a blizzard gave us like 30 inches of snow, might have been my imagination though. 2 feet is probably more like it. Blizzards tend to happen basically every year though.

However, in Taiwan, there are a ton of typhoons. A big one struck here the day before I arrived, and I remember a few smaller ones from past years. Flooding happens all the time, but I'm on the third floor right now. The subway stations completed flooded a few years ago, that was terrible.

Never been anywhere near a tornado, though there was one in New Hampshire last month. (That's probably what Runescapeloser is referring to?)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.