Extreme weather you have experienced

RSBDavid

I live in Iowa so we get plenty of severe thunderstorms, a few tornados, and this year we we got the "Flood of '08". I wasn't directly effected by the flood because of where I live but I spent a few days helping clean up and it was just nasty. River mud + sewage + everything else pooled inside of building full of mold.. *shudders*

Well, didn't think about posting this earlier, but last winter we had storms at least twice a week. As you will see in the picture, there was enough snow to go almost over the shed.

neigemaison040fb3.th.jpg

Yet, this summer is quite cold and rainy, I never have seen a year like that. Btw I live in New Brunswick Canada.

A couple months after I was born, on Halloween we had a blizzard. Then when I was like 7, dad was hunting. Tornado came through at night, but luckily my mom was up so she got us in the basement on time. No big damage was done to our house though. Then when i was 10, around noon or so, a big storm rolled in. Green clouds and stuff, tornado about half a mile away, lasted about 5 minutes. Lately now, there have been a lot of strong storms, Ive been through a lot of tornados the past few years. Mostly f0's doing minimal damage. I'm at my aunts currently and we've had 3 already this summer.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

When I was younger we went to a duck race down Singapore River.It rained so heavily that by the time we got home almost all the things around the pool that weren't nailed down were in the pool.The freaky part was that I was bone dry.

But being in a tropical region we can't have many things...Closest I ever got to extreme weather was when a bolt of lightning struck like a few feet from my house.Couldn't touch anything that would conduct it for a while.Could seriously feel the static all over me...Like that thing the Mythbusters built...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Baseball sized hail that lasted about 20 minutes in Summer '06. Car lots were destroyed, houses were smashed, and a few people were injured. Repairs are still underway, though they are largely completed.

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

tornado touched down within half a mile of my house, luckily it went away from us and dissipated before it did any serious damage. I think the most expensive things recorded that it damaged were a horse trailer, a trampoline, and a knocked over china cabinet.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

Down here, hurricanes, tornadoes, and floods. The weather is tottally eclectic... usually in the summer. In the summer, Many times, it rains, and is sunny. When a hurricane is near, trees fly, shingles fall off, and school is not always cancelled =(

When I lived up north, Blizzards.

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

Nothing. On the wonderful island that is long, weather is neutralized

Hurricanes rarely reach, and when they do, we have a barrier island to weaken them :)

Tornadoes occur sometimes, but they are very weak, and maybe knock down a few trees, nothing big. Plus, they don't occur in my town, just more out east

Hail, occasionally but it's tiny little things. A not well-known fact is that hail in the summer is common. Just cause it's hot down here doesn't mean 7 miles up in the sky it isn't cold enough to make ice. If you get SNOW in the summer though, that's pretty funky.

Temperatures aren't usually too hot, or too cold, due to being surrounded by water with a high specific heat.

Floods, never happen.

Blizzards occur occasionally but you can't really call it a blizzard when its 1 foot of snow MAX.

Earthquakes never happen because I'm not near any fault lines

Ummm...Volcanoes, nope.

Firestorms, not yet. :shock:

Ok, we get a lot of thunderstorms and a lot of rain, but those are very normal and not particularly weird or dangerous.

I loved Earth Science.

I believe I was age 6 at the time... the snow was at four feet! We opened the door, and snow was above my head. It was actually kind of fun, because we still went outside to mess about. ::'

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

In northern Britain last year there were severe floods. Thousands of houses were destroyed and sports grounds etc...

Luckly dwn in Surrey and London it was just really heavy rain and thunder/lightning.

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

Hurricane, Tropical Storms, tornadoes, water spouts when I was on a boat, and a blizzard. All of those were in Florida except the blizzard of course. Wow an F5 tornado that must have been scary.

Retired from Runescape September 1, 2008

I think I live in the "least stormiest place in Iowa". Most of the storms just die out before they get to our part of the state. And then they intensify

But hmm, lets see.

-'93 floods, nuf said. Although I was born when most of the flooding was gone.

-'98 storms and other weather phenomenon. Our power was out 5 days during the summer, not fun.

-Can't remember the stuff in early 2000's.

-Tornado that went through a city north of us. It targeted car dealerships for some reason.

-Ice storm about 2 years ago. Our power was out a total of 2 days, but some people's it was out for 5+.

-Tornado 1/8 of a mile from our house. I was stormwatching and couldn't even see it >.<.

-Ice storm 1 year ago. Wasn't as bad. School wasn't even canceled. Also that winter we had a hell of a lot of drifting snow, which caused a few days off school.

-'08 floods. Wasn't affected much by those, but anyone who lived near one of the major rivers was gf'ed. Almost wasn't able to go to a music camp because of these :/.

And that list doesn't include the usual severe thunderstorms that roll by. Haven't had any hail recently, but lots of wind o.O.

I spent a few days helping clean up and it was just nasty. River mud + sewage + everything else pooled inside of building full of mold.. *shudders*

Yeah, I could even smell it from the car when we drove past Cedar Rapids one day :/.

Shaniqua.png

I have never actually been in a tornado apart from a small one wile i was abroad. It was dark outside, the only source of light was lightning. There was some lightning and there i saw it. Luckily it turned away.

Once there was one on the other side of my city. Don't know how strong it was but it had 140mph winds.

Blizzard, Avalanche, Blizzard, Avalanche, Blizzard, Avalanche, Blizzard, Avalanche... Oh yeah, lots of wind too. It's the kind on wind that makes national news when people down south get it, but nothing in the local news here. I guess we all look outside and say, "woo yay, 70 mph winds" then go to bed. :P

Same with snow. I can wake up in the morning with a foot of new snow on the ground and still have to go to school.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I spent a few days helping clean up and it was just nasty. River mud + sewage + everything else pooled inside of building full of mold.. *shudders*

Yeah, I could even smell it from the car when we drove past Cedar Rapids one day :/.

Heh, every chance I got I would go sit in a car. Walking through the buildings made me want to vomit :(

Wow! This morning an amazing lightning storm woke me up. I couldn't see anything, the clouds were low and brown because of all the dust around here, but the thunder and light filling my window was just completely constant. My bed was rumbling - kinda a nice feeling. Ah, that was great.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream