Live Concerts

happy123

Just saw B.B. King at the Fox Theater in Oakland, and man, that guy just not lose his voice. He's 83, and he had evident trouble walking, and stuff, and his guitar wasn't the same, but damn, his voice is as good as ever.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

Just returned from The Machine (Pink Floyd tribute). Awesome. Sounded like Pink Floyd with a few different solos and additions to make it unique, a good-enough light show, and a pretty good view.

Cons included a bunch of ladies, who took some guys seats halfway thru the show, in front of us (me and dad) who kept using flash photograph :evil: They also got drunk and were being generally annoying - I may have slipped the finger into a few of their pictures... (I was really tempted, I'm not sure if I got it) :twisted: They also spoke like stereotypical women from the Bronx or so.

Got some good pics (on my phone), and a video - but said ladies voices overpowered the band (I also started to sing... badly...). I'll probably delete the video.

I love music \'

Went to see Bonnie 'Prince' Billy concert last thursday, it was incredibly good. He even did his R. Kelly cover of The Worlds Greatest, near the end of his show. Going to see Amsterdam for three days later this week for the London Calling festival, will see Miss Kitten and the Hacker there, and a lot British guitar groups, sunday I will go to Antony and the Johnsons and will go to Beirut on the 5th of may. ::'

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Sunday I will go to Antony and the Johnsons and will go to Beirut on the 5th of may. ::'

Lucky.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Just found out im going to Mayhem Fest this year, and in August im gonna see Dream Theater in LA on Prog Nation. :twss:

I don't think I can think of words to express my hatred of you right now.

About which part?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Sunday I will go to Antony and the Johnsons and will go to Beirut on the 5th of may. ::'

Lucky.

Not really. I got the flu and can't see them. :thumbdown:

21o4pav.jpg

Lucky.

Not really. I got the flu and can't see them. :thumbdown:

Yeah that's horrible news. I'm sick during finals week at my University.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

What is a finals week? Is it like a week with your final exams, or a week of partying after your exams, or something where do sports finals?

21o4pav.jpg

What is a finals week? Is it like a week with your final exams, or a week of partying after your exams, or something where do sports finals?

Final exams for the last week. The partying starts when I move back home haha.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

I was cleaning out my external of old pictures and came across some awesome pictures I took at a Mars Volta concert last April. Enjoy :)

[hide=]TMV1.jpg

TMV2.jpg

TMV3.jpg

TMV4.jpg

TMV5.jpg

TMV6.jpg

TMV7.jpg

TMV8.jpg

And, of course, the proof.

TMV9.png[/hide]

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

I am jealous. I would absolutely love to see The Mars Volta.

Same here, there are so many bands I want to see live. :lol:

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Absolutely amazing live. No warm-up band, not a single word said except a very quiet "Thank you" at the end of a 3-hour session. When they opened with Roulette Dares I nearly crapped myself. From then on out it was a blur of improvisation and amazing solo work that was a never ending flow from one thing to another; they never stopped playing. Seeing Rage Against the Machine live twice in a year takes the cake for best live show I've seen, but if you want to talk pure, raw live talent, The Mars Volta will sweep you off your feet if you see them. Be prepared, you're going to need a few extra joints to make it all the way through the 3-hour show ;)

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

They cancelled mayhem fest in toronto :(

Last night I went to see a concert, with my friend, and it was in a place that was like, 30 feet wide, by about 75 feet in length. There were about fifty people at the concert, it was amazing.

I saw two local bands, who both kinda sucked, really strange guitarist in the first band, he kept jumping around, and he fell down four times, and at one point jumped in the crowd, (big empty space right in front of the stage) and ran into a kid at the side, who then pushed him onto the ground, and then he just kinda layed there thrashing around, all the while still playing his guitar. But they were pretty decent. The other local sounded like a rip on suicide silence, and the band had three really fat guys, a giant bodybuilder vocalist, who made a ton of weird noises into the mic, and a really scrawny drummer, on of the guitarists was so big he couldn't stand up for more than a couple minutes, so he sat on the edge of the stage.

The other three bands were stray from the path, The tony danza tap dance extravaganza, and the number twelve looks like you(who I went there to see specifically). All three bands played a really good show. Stray from the path had a decent stage presence, but the crowd was tiny, and nobody really did anything, they had a (the thingy where you flail your arms around, and smack into each other, and jump around, not really sure what it's called) thingy right in the middle of the floor, and they were a pretty good band.

Tony danza played a good show, and I got one of their drumsticks. They tried to get the crowd to move around and start a pit, but they only had it going for about a song or so, with only like fifteen people in it(myself included) in it, plus one of those flaily pit thingies. They were really good.

by the time the number twelve looks like you started(they had a lot of problems with the drums, and completely ignored the vocals, so you could barely hear him if you were at the front of the stage, they only had his voice going out on the amp at the sides, not through the monitors, and it was still quiet on the amps at the sides. They played an amazing show, and the vocalist was stoned. and he kept naming people from the crowd, and he'd just hold onto their heads for about fifteen seconds during the mellow/quiet parts of songs, he named me kenny. They played a really really amazing show, and they had an awesome circle pit going for their second to last song. When the show finished, the drummer gave three people drumsticks, and I got one. :D tnlly played the best show I've ever been to. It was amazing.

After the show I bought a number twelve shirt, and I went and talked to the vocalist, and he gave me two posters, and a free shirt, cause I was wearing one of their shirts that day. He signed my posters, one of the shirts, and my drumstick, and I had a long conversation with the vocalist, and the drummer, and the drummer signed my drum stick too. and I gave my friend the tony danza drumstick, and he got it signed,

It was an amazing show, but my neck hurts like [bleep] now. and I can't move it.

Cool, I'd love to see Sonic Youth. :thumbup:

Going to see Marissa Nadler this wednesday, maybe going to see The Pains of being pure at heart next monday.

21o4pav.jpg

Let's see where I have been:

My first concert was Skillet. I was over joyed.

Then I saw in no particular order, Barlow Girl, Tobymac, Thousand Foot Krutch, Mercy Me, Attaboy, OC Supertones, and probably some I am missing.

I really want to go see Family Force 5. I heard they are fantastic live.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I really want to go see Family Force 5. I heard they are fantastic live.

I had a chance to see them live, for free.

I declined because I dont think my ears could have stood the bleeding.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.