22 August 2008 - RuneScape in Guinness World Records!

Sentry_Wolf

RuneScape has entered the record books this week. The game has been recognised as the most popular free MMORPG in the world for the second year in a row, with a certificate awarded by Guinness World Records. That's one record that Usain Bolt didn't manage to get!

The presentation took place at the Leipzig Games Convention in Germany, where RuneScape has been showcasing RuneScape HD.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, Now go get the big one from WOW. :lol:

I played wow for a while wasnt long until i returned to runescape, the majority of gamers for wow are based in korea, as i found out when i was playing the textures are now better than wow on runescape, i'd love to see a close up behind character view on runescape, that would really bring the game to life especially in the dungeons

The way jagex are going, especially with the prospect of pvp coming back i can see WoW having a real competition on their hands, especially with runescape being half the price

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Nice, Now go get the big one from WOW. :lol:

I played wow for a while wasnt long until i returned to runescape, the majority of gamers for wow are based in korea, as i found out when i was playing the textures are now better than wow on runescape, i'd love to see a close up behind character view on runescape, that would really bring the game to life especially in the dungeons

The way jagex are going, especially with the prospect of pvp coming back i can see WoW having a real competition on their hands, especially with runescape being half the price

true. with what jagex is doing we are really just starting to hit the golden age of runescape. no autoers,easy trade system, pvp coming back, grafics,summoning(<-awsomest skill ever), and there bigest quest to date coming soon

Y_Z.png

I saw it in last years too

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Fail.

Publicity stunt - why didnt they post it last year?

130m accs - only 10m active - and only 1m are members, which still contain the macroers and stuff.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

Fail.

130m accs - only 10m active - and only 1m are members, which still contain the macroers and stuff.

+1

Here's a quote from the RSOF that sums up how I feel about this.

"I think its sad that jagex gets one little bit of recognition for the first time in their lives and they go crazy by posting about it in their news forums and bragging to everyone that they got one little world record. Then they take advantage of it by telling people to buy more stuff from them because hey! after all they did win a world record so now it's totally legit to buy a bunch of jagex clothing....

World of Warcraft on the other hand got a cameo in a southpark episode that millions and millions of people saw and the WoW staff didn't bother to brag about that in one of their news posts..

Jagex is pathetic sometimes."

td2sig.jpg

I agree with whoever posted that in the RSOF. It's pointless because it's obvious that RS would get the record, who else can come up with a F2P MMORPG that's as good as RS? I for one can't.

Fail.

+1

"I think its sad that jagex gets one little bit of recognition for the first time in their lives and they go crazy by posting about it in their news forums and bragging to everyone that they got one little world record. Then they take advantage of it by telling people to buy more stuff from them because hey! after all they did win a world record so now it's totally legit to buy a bunch of jagex clothing....

World of Warcraft on the other hand got a cameo in a southpark episode that millions and millions of people saw and the WoW staff didn't bother to brag about that in one of their news posts..

A south park episode? Wow, I'm so impressed :roll: . Learn the facts of why they even made the episode before bragging about it.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Fail.

+1

A south park episode? Wow, I'm so impressed :roll: . Learn the facts of why they even made the episode before bragging about it.

They made that episode making fun of the "no-life" lifestyle that it takes to play WOW, or any RPG, including RuneScape.

Which is the reason I don't, and won't play RPG's again. Although I did enjoy, and miss RuneScape alot.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2