Do You Take HD For Granted?

@Dan3HitU

I don't take it for granted, because I consider it all business. If Jagex kept Runescapes graphics the same forever and never changed it, people would start noticing other games that look better. Gotta stick with the new technology right?

I mean, yes, I like the update, but I don't think I should thank them or anything of the like, because it needed to be done anyway. :P

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried going back to the fixed screen...and could barely take such a small playing screen.

~Dan

I still prefer the fixed screen to be honest lol.

Me too. I play the HD game in the fixed client. The icons are just too far apart in the resizable / full screen versions. I like the short mouse throw distance of the fixed client better.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

When I first played RuneScape in HD I was speechless. I'd go around visiting all the areas I could think of and awe.

After a while I got used to the new HD, but last week I clicked on Low Detail (wasn't paying attention which detail mode I picked) and when I logged in I was flabbergasted. I was shocked, and kept asking myself if this really was how RuneScape sued to look when I played it for all these years. Honestly, we might have not minded the game's petty graphics, but once you get used to HD and go back to Low Detail it all seems so... bland.

Now I'm careful not to take HD for granted, it really is marvelous. Yes, I know you shouldn't judge a game by its graphics, but you have to admit it is rather nice to have something pretty to look at as you click around for an hour or so.

It's funny, people always used to wonder why everyone was so hating on rs' graphics when thegameplay was the main feature anyway. Then you go back to old detail from HD, and it's just like "Oh, right, that's why. Heh. Er."

Me, my computer randomly stopped running HD a month or so after the update, and I CBF fixing it, so meh. Old graphics it is.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

Everytime I look at the difference between the items pictured on the ground, and then what they look like in your inventory, I'm reminded just how big of a leap HD was, graphics wise.

Aside from that, I think I take them for granted. I didn't play my f2p def nub for a month until they made the HD f2p with extendable window, just because I had gotten so used to it being full screen and the regular suddenly looked so teeny.

And it really made me think about what people have asked me in the past...How did I get used to everything being so small? :shock:

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

When I first played RuneScape in HD I was speechless. I'd go around visiting all the areas I could think of and awe.

After a while I got used to the new HD, but last week I clicked on Low Detail (wasn't paying attention which detail mode I picked) and when I logged in I was flabbergasted. I was shocked, and kept asking myself if this really was how RuneScape sued to look when I played it for all these years. Honestly, we might have not minded the game's petty graphics, but once you get used to HD and go back to Low Detail it all seems so... bland.

Now I'm careful not to take HD for granted, it really is marvelous. Yes, I know you shouldn't judge a game by its graphics, but you have to admit it is rather nice to have something pretty to look at as you click around for an hour or so.

That's how I feel, I don't know how I used to play on Low Detail :lol:

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

im still loving it when its working but it can be alittle tempermental for me,

hasnt changed my outlook on normal Rs though i still enough that as much as i ever did,

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

yes i do proberly

i always play in f2p fullscreen and jsut cant stand to use small screen now

fullscreen feels normal now i suppose

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I suppose I take it for granted, in a sense, as I don't even use it.

:thumbup: too much lag in hd for me

HD should lag less if you have it in safe mode (in fact, it should lag less than the low detail version now) due to it being made with OpenGL.

I played in the regular quality for the longest time, starting in around 2002. After playing other MMO's for a few couple of years, the High Quality update had me interested in Runescape again, no way would I be able to play in the small window version again. It's just too small! Personally though, I don't have the advanced light settings on as they do look too dark in some dungeons, but outside they look good and really bring the game to life.

edit: Don't rag on 3 Hit U, he's been playing longer than the majority of the people in this thread. One of the few recognizable faces from back when I was mostly active.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

nmm nmm nmm my name's 3 hit u and i know everything about everything.

Erm, sorry? He said something he knew so that he could help someone else. Just because he knows something you don't doesn't mean you can flame him.

OT: Yea, HD in safe mode should lag less, just tried it now and it is faster and looks better \'

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

I don't use HD, so I can't say. I did when it came out but couldn't handle it. :geek:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

guess i do but then i also remember when i think of how things where in old rs lol

like at ape i was like "oo this is cool cause i remembered getting 99 agil in low detail"

but i still like fixed screen better

StarViv.png

I can't handle HD because my video card is a piece of... Well, actually it's a pretty good video card that's worth around $100 in its time. Even though it has an awesomness video RAM of 256 MB, I can't use it for HD because it's damaged somehow. :(

j0xPu5R.png