RuneScape, atmospheric?

Leoo

Before HD version of RuneScape was released, the only feature that would probably make RuneScape a little more atmoshperic was turning the soundtrack and sounds effects on. Although some areas were still lacking.

I sometimes turn on the soundtrack and sounds effects on (as HD lags hard on my laptop) and to be honest, the wilderness areas have the best atmosphere!

Do you find RuneScape atmospheric?

Caves and Morytania. And the Abyss. Those look amazing in my opinion.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

It's a 2d screen

Way to add some real discussion value to the topic, twice...

OT: Idk, for me the sounds just annoy the crap out of me so I turn them all off and listen to my own music. I guess if you're really into it the sounds could add a lot to the atmospheric feeling.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

It's a 2d screen

Point is? Plus RuneScape (not classic) is 3D.

It's a 2d screen

Killjoy.

Please, make your stupidness have more variety. Posting the same thing twice should be considered spam, considering its 4 words.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

It's a 2d screen

Point is? Plus RuneScape (not classic) is 3D.

It's a 2d screen

he's talking about atmosphere as in the experience, not as in a thin layer of gases surrounding a planet

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Well that pit of spiders in the Underground Pass scared me the first time I went in there. Like 100 spiders *shudders*

1288581197250-1.jpg

I don't consider the Atari-like music that RuneScape has to be atmospheric...

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I would say the sounds don't meet the same quality standards as the graphics; they don't blend together really. If they had better quality on the sounds I could consider having them on.

Uula.png

I don't consider the Atari-like music that RuneScape has to be atmospheric...

Any suggestions what the music should be like then?

atari-like music is one of the only music types that fits the "RS-atmosphere" at all.

Don't know about HD as I don't use it, but the low detail mode is not atmospheric. I do enjoy some of the songs and landscapes though, but only a few of them, and mostly because they hold some old memory of me as a noob.

Well Runescape is not really good at that kind of stuff.. I'd say the underground pass was pretty cool, pits of death and all. The vyrewatch area (Meiyerditch) (pasted :twss: ) was really nice too, but idk, it lacked something. Maybe canifis a bit, but other than that I'm clueless. :(

Ever since the HD update I always found my self getting miserable while playing in the Morytania doing quests, and normally can't wait to leave the area :P Most likely because of the atmospheric styles they used there, foggy, dark colours etc. Sounds are a bit of a meh, they don't do much to me compared to the look of things :D

but yeah, The HD update sure did bring some atmospheric aspects into the game :)

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!