Anyone been to the Ogre Enclave lately?

SnWRifleman

oh Geeze, here we go AGAIN.

People, instead of whining about the doom and gloom about the bots returning.. how about you guys REPORTING them? Jagex does ban bots, and several a day when it was really bad the past 2 times. Judging by the posts, seems like a semi-medium number has come up, and not the rather large number plaguing the yew trees, fishing docks, mage trees, and blue dragons.

One thing still bothers me though... Why only the dragons? And plus, the bots might be/will be killed come the pvp update.

I'm waiting until the update comes to pass judgment on this bot issue.

The problem with reporting them is they just come back. That was the reason jagex had to take all the steps to stopping rwt. They would ban someone or a group of people one day, and the next they were back. Most of these are not bots, they are Chinese workers so reporting for macroing doesn't do much, not to mention there is little evidence they are doing real world trading even though it is highly likely they are.

jpegsigtest.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So these are all the new jobs China has been talking about.. ;)

Honestly, unless they figure out a way around RWT Blocks, I doubt we will have much of a problem any more.. Lets just hope they don't find a way around RWT..

Unless they are, for lack of better words (due to the censor), developmentally delayed...then they have already found away around the "RWT Blocks" seeing as it's not that hard.

And for whoever said once the pvp worlds come out we can just kill them.... #-o Yes, because we all know that they'll all just swarm to pvp worlds to kill their dragons or w/e it is they're doing so that it's 10000x harder than could be on a non-pvp world.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Are you guys really that oblivious as to how easy it is to transfer money via bounty hunter or the grand exchange? #-o JaGex didn't fix anything, and in fact only made it worse for the rule-abiding players.

So true.

BH transfer - f2p, med crater, so f'n simple

Party room - p2p would be better, gmaul/rune plate, works well if no noobs come

Shop method - slow but safe

Tzhaar "secret" method - fast, safe, but high loss.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

The problem with reporting them is they just come back. That was the reason jagex had to take all the steps to stopping rwt. They would ban someone or a group of people one day, and the next they were back. Most of these are not bots, they are Chinese workers so reporting for macroing doesn't do much, not to mention there is little evidence they are doing real world trading even though it is highly likely they are.

and here's where I say.. This is why the game has player moderators. They can spot a name like gdghdgdg65 (made up) and gdghdgdg12 (made up) and be able to tell jagex that's a bot family, so they'll ban any name with "gdghdgdg" in its name.

Surely, people can see if its a gibberish name plus some numbers, they can find out it's a family bot. So,

if you spot some names, jot them down, and nudge a P-mod and game so they can tell jagex to ban them before they cause even more hrm.

2008_121.png

Randompm1.png

jagex will now ban G.E and trading to fix this issue dont worry :^o

gasp, just think about not being able to trade anything

you'd have to craft your own runes

you'd have to fish your own food, then cook it to eat

you'd have to make your own pots from the herbs you find

you'd have to smith your own armor by mining, or worse, find it from rare boss drops

lvl 85 slayers would only be allowed to get more whips

what will RS become :ohnoes:

Kuja_Cocoa.png

and here's where I say.. This is why the game has player moderators. They can spot a name like gdghdgdg65 (made up) and gdghdgdg12 (made up) and be able to tell jagex that's a bot family, so they'll ban any name with "gdghdgdg" in its name.

Surely, people can see if its a gibberish name plus some numbers, they can find out it's a family bot. So,

if you spot some names, jot them down, and nudge a P-mod and game so they can tell jagex to ban them before they cause even more hrm.

"As the game has grown, the demand for gold has grown with it, so it is worth gold-sellers' time to make smarter bots. "We keep developing technologies to combat bots, but it's like an arms race we stop bots, they improve their macros, we stop them, they improve again," says Andrew. The longer we keep doing this, the harder it's going to be to keep stopping bots. "If we don't break that vicious cycle now, it would just keep getting worse and worse. It could reach a point where macro software becomes undetectable."

"Unfortunately, these methods are reactive find a problem then solve it and if we just react, we'll always be chipping away at a larger problem. Even if we spent every penny we earn on staff and systems to ban bots which would mean no game updates gold-sellers would still massively outnumber us. Mod Hobagoly says, "Every time we double our efforts, gold-sellers quadruple theirs. We can't continue only using our current methods, throwing more and more resources at it." The only way we can win is to be proactive and take the fight to them."

This is a quote from the dev diary of runescape vs real world item trading

Like i said even if you ban the whole group, they just make a stronger effort to to do it which is why banning does not work no matter who does it. So even if they ban everyone with that name, the people or bots who are doing it are still there. So they will come back with a different name player mods or jagex wont be able to do anything which is why they did this whole thing in the first place.

The point i am trying to get at is if you ban them they make a new name. And for anyone that is wondering there is

6,582,952,006,000,000,000 combinations of names give or take a few trillion, so the bots have plenty of more chances if they get banned.

jpegsigtest.jpg

I don't think Jagex is going to let them slip through long enough for them to cause extensive damage. They wouldn't let that be a waste - they sacrificed too much for it.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

jagex will now ban G.E and trading to fix this issue dont worry :^o

gasp, just think about not being able to trade anything

you'd have to craft your own runes

you'd have to fish your own food, then cook it to eat

you'd have to make your own pots from the herbs you find

you'd have to smith your own armor by mining, or worse, find it from rare boss drops

lvl 85 slayers would only be allowed to get more whips

what will RS become :ohnoes:

It will become just a regular RPG game.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

They are preparing for the pk changes to come back. Unfortunately for them they are wasting their time because you wont get the drops of the person you kill. Fortunately for us they will disappear again a week or two once the pking comes back and they realise this.

I think you're 100% right, which makes me happy.

I disagree, they get drops valued the same as the person they killled items were, so they can take they're auto'ed items, say 15k pure ess, their bot friends will kill em, get an item valued around the same as 15k pure ess give or take mabye 100k, then sell the items from the trade. Buy back their essence. Owned jagex?

wildy58.png

Wildy58.png

I disagree, they get drops valued the same as the person they killled items were, so they can take they're auto'ed items, say 15k pure ess, their bot friends will kill em, get an item valued around the same as 15k pure ess give or take mabye 100k, then sell the items from the trade. Buy back their essence. Owned jagex?

We're creating generous drop tables based on factors like your levels and the impressiveness of the kill.

Source: http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=1370

Not really. Unless you can predict the future and know the defination of impressiveness.

How do Jagex define impressiveness, is still unknown to us. Don't jump to conculsion so fast.

Solisticez.png

Account trading/selling doesn't work dummys :roll: .

Hm? One person gives the password, the other gives the money.

How does that not work 'dummy'?

Sorry to get in this mini discussion.

But, have you ever notice that when you log in into the log in screen, you will see a message "last login from XXXXXX IP address", it would be rather suspicous if 3 months the IP was at some part of China than suddenly it end up in the US. And for JAgex, sometimes they don't need evidence, suspicions is only enough.

Solisticez.png

We're creating generous drop tables based on factors like your levels and the impressiveness of the kill.

Source: http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=1370

Not really. Unless you can predict the future and know the defination of impressiveness.

How do Jagex define impressiveness, is still unknown to us. Don't jump to conculsion so fast.

I don't think we have to predict the future to do some simple guesswork. We know that you WILL get rewards based on kills. No matter how impressiveness is judged, RWT can generate it -- including wearing more expensive gear.

2496 Completionist

Duration of fight?

Spells cast?

Ammo use?

Total Damage Dealt?

Food used?

Spell used?

Weapon Used?

Armour Used?

How about, the idea I heard somewhere before (not mine, I forgotten who is it). When a person dies, he would drop a tombstone and the killer would [loot and destroy] the tombstone and get a reward.

You can be wearing 100m worth of stufts but is standing there doing zero dmg while your opponent kill you. Beside we never know how "generous" Jagex are, I still remember their 3k updates.

Solisticez.png

I don't think it's account sellers for two reasons:

There is always going to be a limited demand for actual accounts. Once you've bought the account from the person you don't want to buy another one when you decide to get a few more fishing levels for example.

Secondly people don't want to have Chinese sounding user names.

I still believe that its just naive Chinese gold farmers hoping to make some money when pking comes back. They will be very disappointed.

Why is everyone stereotyping China like its only big bad gold farmer?

Why don't people just sell to the RWTers and then use account recoveries to get it back? They'd soon go out of business then.

Why is everyone stereotyping China like its only big bad gold farmer?

Because it IS the main player according to a large study by Manchester University

http://www.sed.manchester.ac.uk/idpm/re ... i_wp32.pdf

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12