9/11 7 years later

Bufoman

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as this is the 7th anniversary of the attack upon my nation I thought I would make a topic to discuss how people feel now. I was abit surprised and somewhat upset to see no one bothered to make a topic this year.

For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about please read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11

It does not do justice to this day, no description can.

It's 8 years.......

That's probably been said before.

Does it need to be brought up so much? Anyway, the US went to war against the terrorists, causing a massive loss of lives themselves. Some of these were innocent iraqis. So does that not make the US almost as bad? Just cos they're a powerful nation people don't mention it.

Also, while I do not support terrorism I shall say that every one of those terrorists had a reason to do what they did. Just like the US did when they went to war.

yes, 9/11 was a tragedy, but it's in the past. Yes, some families don't have closure yet, but again I'll point out that similar things happen all over the world.

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

It's 8 years.......

This thread was made on September 11th 2008.

I remember coming back from Swimming (I was 9) and hearing that the Twin Towers had been destroyed, but it didn't really cross my mind what had actually happened.

It's 8 years.......

I remember coming back from Swimming (I was 9) and hearing that the Twin Towers had been destroyed, but it didn't really cross my mind what had actually happened.

Ah right, I never seem to look at dates on threads

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

I also find it funny, that 364 days of the year, you lead your lives normally, often not even remembering what did happen. The 11th rolls around and you're crying, mad, angry, vengeful.

Why ? :|

Because taking one day to remember is a lot less ridiculous? Do people celebrate anniversaries every single day? Birthdays? No. Do you have the funeral the day after someone dies and never think of them again? No.

Why do you guys have such a huge [bleep]ing problem with this? My cousin's husband's sister was a flight attendant that day, scheduled to be on American Airlines flight 11 (the first plane that crashed), but she wanted to get back to Dallas that day so she took a different one.

I was in 2nd grade. A lot of the teachers kept walking out of the room, and a lot of kids were taken out of school. There were like four of us left by the end of the day. My mom turned on the radio when we were picking up my brother. I don't think I really understood what happened. I was just scared, because the reporter sounded very serious, and he said thousands of lives had already been lost - I remember wondering if all of New York had blown up. I was looking in the general northeast direction, looking for smoke ...

You guys are really [wagon] if you think the deaths and injuries of almost 10,000 civilians during an unprovoked attack by a terrorist group is just something to forget about. The results of Al Queda's attacks are visible today. The government is slowly restricting its people. We have two wars going on, one that was unnecessary, violent, and expensive, although it did generally restore a nation to its own citizens as best we could; one that is extremely violent and difficult.

Now I have to go.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

We all know 9/11 happened.

It doesn't need a new topic every year, theres been other acts of terrorism too.

Say whtaever you want, but all I need to say is that the worst is over now. Though its freaky that I was just reading an arc of Jack which had one of the towers in it.

The worst is over now!! okay you think that buddy

I wont smoke it if the name ain't right

My haze is looking like its been in a color fight.

Guess we are smoking on Picasso, light it up, ignite the spark.

Man it feels good to be smoking on fine arts.

9/11 is a sad day for many, but i do not get why 9/11 is being reminded in news papers and so on every time the date hits 9/11.

Remembering nightmares is not a good thing, and from where i stand 9/11 should not be reminded instead the victims and people who lost precious family members/friends etc should just sorrow in their own way.

The only thing i find 9/11 reminders do is cause more distance between moderat muslims and non-muslims. Where the criminals who hi-jacked the planes was extreme muslims.

Anyhow i hope everyone who was victim to 9/11 well.

It's 8 years.......

WTF? We are all bumping a 1 year old thread? Forget this im done posting on this.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I also find it funny, that 364 days of the year, you lead your lives normally, often not even remembering what did happen. The 11th rolls around and you're crying, mad, angry, vengeful.

Why ? :|

Because taking one day to remember is a lot less ridiculous? Do people celebrate anniversaries every single day? Birthdays? No. Do you have the funeral the day after someone dies and never think of them again? No.

Why do you guys have such a huge [bleep] problem with this? My cousin's husband's sister was a flight attendant that day, scheduled to be on American Airlines flight 11 (the first plane that crashed), but she wanted to get back to Dallas that day so she took a different one.

I was in 2nd grade. A lot of the teachers kept walking out of the room, and a lot of kids were taken out of school. There were like four of us left by the end of the day. My mom turned on the radio when we were picking up my brother. I don't think I really understood what happened. I was just scared, because the reporter sounded very serious, and he said thousands of lives had already been lost - I remember wondering if all of New York had blown up. I was looking in the general northeast direction, looking for smoke ...

You guys are really [wagon] if you think the deaths and injuries of almost 10,000 civilians during an unprovoked attack by a terrorist group is just something to forget about. The results of Al Queda's attacks are visible today. The government is slowly restricting its people. We have two wars going on, one that was unnecessary, violent, and expensive, although it did generally restore a nation to its own citizens as best we could; one that is extremely violent and difficult.

Now I have to go.

No, no. I agree.

I think you did understand what I said, in relation to the rest of my post. It's fine to mourn on the 11th but don't let that catchup with the other 364 days.

LOL'D

[yt]FaidaE1ZxrI[/yt]

I remember when I first heard they hit. I was 10, and thought "so what??"

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

So what happened on November 9?

They're out by 4 days, it was the 5th of November, when Guy Fawkes tried blowing up the English Parliament.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

So what happened on November 9?

They're out by 4 days, it was the 5th of November, when Guy [bleep] tried blowing up the English Parliament.

Remember, remember....

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I was like 10, so we had at least a clue *something* was going on when we didnt get recess lmao........

But I had a friend who was in school in NJ who was right across the river from manhattan and he watched both towers collapse. It was horrifying.

Hes got slight mental stress issues form it. :(

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Title is wrong, it has been 8 years.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

i was in grade , and during our morning meeting, our teacher told us that two planes had crashed into the world trade center. Me and a couple of my friends said cool, not understanding it, and almost got suspended.

I think the day should be a reminder of what will happen if we give up in Afghanistan.

The first post is from a year ago.

Why did we bump a year old topic?

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Why did you just bump it again?

It's ok now, someone already bumped it. Sometimes it is better to make a new thread.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Why did you just bump it again?

It's ok now, someone already bumped it. Sometimes it is better to make a new thread.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg