Leaf-Bladed Swords with a use at Corporal Beast?

ghjkl

and one last thing that is overlooked: Zamorakian spear has Prayer bonus. Sure it aint much, but it beats 0, which is the case if you use 1 handed weapon and defender.

Defenders drop more often once you get your rune defender, I have 55 rune defenders stacked in bank from about 10k tokens.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it: players have reported that defense does not matter as the boss hits through prayer+armor defenses.

So why the hell does some players pray Magic and some use armors?

And no Leaf Blade+Rune Defender

Armor is mostly just for set effects or to boost atk/str.

He has several attacks that can hit though prayer, however...Magic prayer does prevent him from hitting his strongest attack.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Yeah, I would use that or a dds if you want to stab something.

Spears are slower and there is no way the zamorakian spear is the same as a whip/ss its more dlong speed like the other spears.

Thats why ss is the premier weapon at waterfiends.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Just clarifying some things:

1) We actually don't know for sure whether or not the beast ignores defense. He does during the quest, but that's his spirit form. This MAY hold true for the Corporeal form as well, but with his level being that high, I doubt defense would affect it anyways.

2) Prayer DOES work. His round sphere seems to be magic, the [bleep]y sphere seems to be range, and his up close attack with no other effect is melee. I can't figure out exactly what type his claw is. However, ALL of them have a small chance of hitting through prayer. I've noticed that when I don't protect melee, his melee attack hits me basically every time. When I DO turn on prayer, he hits me maybe once out of some ten tries with his melee attack. So far I can't find any use whatsoever for the summoning prayer that some people here and then use.

Also, Leaf Bladed sword seems a bit weak compared to Zamorakian Spear. While 4-iteming, I can get +107 / +97 with Zamorakian Spear, as well as a decent prayer bonus. With Leaf Bladed Sword,

Leaf Bladed Sword / Rune Defender +87 / 55

Amulet of Fury +10 / +8

Barrow Gloves +12 / +12

Bandos Plate +0 / +4

Bandos Tassets +0 / +4

Dragon Boots +0 / +4

Berserker Ring +0 / +4

Fire Cape +1 / +4

Neitiznot Helm +0 / +3

All that still only adds to +110 / +98.

So unless you want to risk 2 zamorakian spears worth of other items like Berserker Ring, D Boots, etc, Leaf Bladed spear is nowhere close.

leaf bladed swords are good if you cant get zam spear on ge, like me :wall:

and as far as d long goes, its too slow and the Accuracy matters more on this boss.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Yeah, I would use that or a dds if you want to stab something.

Spears are slower and there is no way the zamorakian spear is the same as a whip/ss its more dlong speed like the other spears.

Thats why ss is the premier weapon at waterfiends.

it is same speed as whip like a few others posted

What?

m_theory11.png

There is no discussion left in this topic.

Here's why i think that:

Zamorak Spear, Fighter Torso, Helm Of Neizinot and Fury gives quite pretty good stab bonus (better stab than leaf blade sword+defender) and also gives more strength bonus.

Spear might be hard to get, but that's just it.

As for Leaf it's just a cheap option.

Conclusion

Leaf-Bladed Sword is useful at Corporal Beast, but it's not better than Zamorak Spear. But it is a cheaper option...

Here's why i think that:

Zamorak Spear, Fighter Torso, Helm Of Neizinot and Fury gives quite pretty good stab bonus (better stab than leaf blade sword+defender) and also gives more strength bonus.

Conclusion

Leaf-Bladed Sword is useful at Corporal Beast, but it's not better than Zamorak Spear. But it is a cheaper option...

Again, that's not true. In order to be anywhere close to useful, you need to risk several million coins worth of equipment. Otherwise you'll be hitting frequently and not doing any damage.

It's better than Dragon Spear, but that's about it. As much as I'd love my leaf bladed sword to have a purpose, it's just not worth it. Guthan's spear makes a far better alternative to Zamorakian spear seeing as so many people have one. And if you can't afford that, then rent a Zamorakian Spear.

Also, a Z Spear is only ~1M if you can get it in GE. I've had offers at max price for 4-5 days now, and I've gotten two spears so far (I'm collecting them to sell to my friends who need em.)

Well there is no way in Hell that I would risk losing a defender again, but I suppose that this could be good for all the lucky people that get 1 every thousand tokens or so.

honestly.

<=

i get one every fifteen minutes, it's not bad at all.

fishing.gif

Zam Spear IS the way to go on this boss no questions asked.

I have gone numerous times now in teams of 10 plus most times, with everyone being a level 134 or higher in either full veracs (we couldnt get those 2 to join the rest of us, so ya they failed) but mostly in prossy with a zam spear. I used to get a good bit of experience just leaving the spear in stab / shared attack mode, however after a while I tried it in defence only / stab mode, and the results (weather you believe them or not) seemed even better. I was getting in excess of 3k Def exp per boss in some cases, (Piety, and super potted) which equates to around 750 Damage per boss, that just goes to show how fast this boss can heal when you dont 1 hit those dark cores that come out, the second that they come out.

I test you to put piety on and see if it can hit like the spear does, that P.O.S sword couldnt do much for me on slayer tasks even when I put piety on, doubtful without the black mask that its going to come anywhere close to a zam spear without piety, let alone with piety and using it to its max potential.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Using a max hit calculator, with welfare gear, 99 strength, I got a max hit of 37 with the sword and 43 with the spear. There's not that much difference, but the spear is definately better.

Well there is no way in Hell that I would risk losing a defender again, but I suppose that this could be good for all the lucky people that get 1 every thousand tokens or so.

honestly.

<=

i get one every fifteen minutes, it's not bad at all.

Please tell me how you do that. I have fought Cyclopes for over 5 hours after getting an adamant defender and still am rune defenderless.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Here's why i think that:

Conclusion

Again, that's not true. In order to be anywhere close to useful, you need to risk several million coins worth of equipment. Otherwise you'll be hitting frequently and not doing any damage.

It's better than Dragon Spear, but that's about it. As much as I'd love my leaf bladed sword to have a purpose, it's just not worth it. Guthan's spear makes a far better alternative to Zamorakian spear seeing as so many people have one. And if you can't afford that, then rent a Zamorakian Spear.

Also, a Z Spear is only ~1M if you can get it in GE. I've had offers at max price for 4-5 days now, and I've gotten two spears so far (I'm collecting them to sell to my friends who need em.)

The topic owner asks if Leaf Blade will be used at Beast, and it will. As for Dragon Spear and Guthan: they are to slow! If you wanna use that, it's better using a Dragon Halberd as it has great stab bonus.

But i just don't see what else there's to discuss, the leaf blade sword is useful at Corporal but not more than Zamorak Spear. But feel free to discussing though.

Why use either as a primary weapon at the Corporeal Beast? Ruby bolts hit up to 100 on it; you'd only want to use a melee weapon for the end of the fight.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Lamster, i am quite sure that with good melee stats it can be as effective as ruby e bolts.

How?

Salve amulet (enchanted) increases your strength and attack by 20%

In other words: i get level 141 ATT and STR (I am maxed melee).

That should make me hit 40+ easy and fast. I don't wanna say something that's not true, but i think i can hit 50+ easy as well.

Also, remember ruby e bolts spec does not always work. But Zamorak Spear+Salve Amulet (e) Combo works. \'

Even more advantages to it: You can stay close to boss if your using melee making it easy to go beneath him if he attacks you :cry: . But i do not know how people deal with Death Cores.

Lamster, i am quite sure that with good melee stats it can be as effective as ruby e bolts.

How?

Salve amulet (enchanted) increases your strength and attack by 20%

In other words: i get level 141 ATT and STR (I am maxed melee).

That should make me hit 40+ easy and fast. I don't wanna say something that's not true, but i think i can hit 50+ easy as well.

Also, remember ruby e bolts spec does not always work. But Zamorak Spear+Salve Amulet (e) Combo works. \'

Even more advantages to it: You can stay close to boss if your using melee making it easy to go beneath him if he attacks you :cry: . But i do not know how people deal with Death Cores.

But what about the Beast's defence? With a Zamorakian spear you'll probably hit a lot of 0s, and when you do hit there's no guarantee that it'll be 40+ or anything like that. But with ruby bolts the special is 100% accurate when it does activate, so you'll hit a bunch of 0s and then whack a 100 on it (Of course it only hits that much when the beast is at high health, so you'll have to use melee at some point).

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

The spear is fast, but i don't know how faster than bolt hit. As for accuracy, i think with super potted+20% Str and Att you will hit quite well.

Also boss is weak to stab, and Z spear has best Stab+combo of other things.

For example: it's fast, it has prayer bonus+has str bonus that's great.

I just know you will hit quite well ;)

At Asyn shades ( look them up if you want, they are undead monster). I hit Max 37. I don't remember all details as it was long time ago: but i remember i did the "high hits" quite often \'