Finnish school massacre

bossi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice that a lot of these popped up after the Virginia Tech incident?

Much like the postal shootings of the mid 1990's Cho started a bit of a fad in going to do school shootings. Eventually it will die out (it already is starting to) but for now it is something that is unavoidable.

I know, I find it saddening to hear all of these happening. Especially when one happens, a few more happen. It's a vicious cycle.

j0xPu5R.png

Not to be off-topic, but can someone search 4chan and see if the shooter made a 'goodbye' thread? I'm just curious

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

To obtain a firearms license, an individual must declare a valid reason to own a gun. Acceptable reasons include hunting, sports or hobby shooting, profession related, show or promotion or exhibition, collection or museum, souvenir, and signalling. It is worth noticing that self- or home defence are not considered valid reasons. The applicant must provide evidence supporting the acquisition license application to prove that he or she is actually using firearms for the stated purpose(s). Such proof may consist of written declarations from other license holders as referees, shooting diaries or certificates from a shooting club.[2]

The applicant is also subjected to an extensive background check from police accessible databases and even citations for speeding or DUI can be grounds of not granting the license.

The part of the gun law we're interested in, there's some other unrelated stuff too.

Dammit, America needs those laws too. The law seems perfect in Finland (shootings will always happen, but at least guns won't end up in the wrong hands as often). Anyone can get a gun saying it's for self defence. Yet of course you can actually be tried for murder of you kill a robber who didn't attack you, depending on the situation. It's ridiculous.

As for the shooting, I just heard the shooter died. Bull [cabbage]. The kid makes national news and gets to escape punishment. I hate how all these school shooters get away with it. And it just makes models for other shooters. Try to beat the high score for kills, then take your life and go down in the history books without any punishment. I was really hoping this guy was going to live. I wanted him to feel the mental anguish of being in a confined room for the rest of his life.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Crap, thought he misspelt "finish" nvm :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Now I won't be able to hunt deer pretty soon if these idiots don't quit doing stuff like that.

Now some other person is going to attempt the same thing and get busted.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

You misspelled "Finish" btw.

<-- Could a mod edit that? Its been like that for a day and if the OP cared enough he would correct it. -->

Hmm no, you're confusing a country with a goal-line which are two quite different things. 'Finnish' is correct. I fail to see how it's relevant, though.

It's worrying to see this trend developing in a Nordic country. Could just as well have been Sweden since our gun laws are pretty much the same.

2009rb9.jpg

I believe he was trying to make a joke, a terrible joke at that.

Well, I hope this trend of school violence stops soon.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Not to be off-topic, but can someone search 4chan and see if the shooter made a 'goodbye' thread? I'm just curious

I heard there was a post asking about which weapon he should use, but then again:

"/b/ - Random

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.

Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

<-- Could a mod edit that? Its been like that for a day and if the OP cared enough he would correct it. -->

Now there's a /facepalm.

Wow, Finland would be the last place I would expect a school massacre to happen!!! Just shows the universal state of decline...

Why do you say that? They've one before.

Two actually.

Here's hoping that the next time Finland gets in the world spotlight, it's because of something good for once.

C2b6gs7.png

Hey, Finland got plenty of spotlight for good stuff...Take the Eurovision song contest for one. : P

Okay, but you're saying two happened before. I only heard of the one that happened a little more than a year ago. What's the other?

Oh and btw, speaking of misspellings, what's misspelled in the topic title is not 'Finnish', but 'massacre' (it's spelled like that). Better correct it.

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

RANKING UPDATE: Matti Juhani Saari kills ten in Finland.

http://spreekillers.org/index.html

I don't know if it's sad, or alarming, that these kind of sites pop up even as bad jokes. For all you know, a very unstable person could try and get on the "hiscores" next. The whole concept seems a bit distorted and bizarre to me.

I don't know if it's sad, or alarming, that these kind of sites pop up even as bad jokes. For all you know, a very unstable person could try and get on the "hiscores" next. The whole concept seems a bit distorted and bizarre to me.

I don't see Eric Harris or Dylan Klebold on that list.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

I don't see Eric Harris or Dylan Klebold on that list.

The Competitive Spree Killing Organization generally disqualifies the following from being listed as a spree killing on the Top 40 Killing Sprees:

# Killings perpetrated by more than one individual or with the assistance of another individual.

# Killings that are primarily the result of an explosive device, arson or poisoning.

# Killings conducted over twenty-four hours apart from one another.

# Killings conducted in a war zone.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Hey, Finland got plenty of spotlight for good stuff...Take the Eurovision song contest for one. : P

I don't call that good.

Okay, but you're saying two happened before. I only heard of the one that happened a little more than a year ago. What's the other?

There was one in 1989, I've heard.

C2b6gs7.png

Well, that's way long ago, basically another generation. Most of today's shooters weren't even born then.

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

Now there's a /facepalm.

Wow, Finland would be the last place I would expect a school massacre to happen!!! Just shows the universal state of decline...

Why do you say that? They've one before.

Two actually.

Here's hoping that the next time Finland gets in the world spotlight, it's because of something good for once.

Well, I don't think many people have heard of what happened over here, and other than that Finland seems to be known as a very successful nation. And if people don't know, I bore them for a while lecturing them on how great Finland is.

snowsigyy7.png

To obtain a firearms license, an individual must declare a valid reason to own a gun. Acceptable reasons include hunting, sports or hobby shooting, profession related, show or promotion or exhibition, collection or museum, souvenir, and signalling. It is worth noticing that self- or home defence are not considered valid reasons. The applicant must provide evidence supporting the acquisition license application to prove that he or she is actually using firearms for the stated purpose(s). Such proof may consist of written declarations from other license holders as referees, shooting diaries or certificates from a shooting club.[2]

The applicant is also subjected to an extensive background check from police accessible databases and even citations for speeding or DUI can be grounds of not granting the license.

The part of the gun law we're interested in, there's some other unrelated stuff too.

Dammit, America needs those laws too. The law seems perfect in Finland (shootings will always happen, but at least guns won't end up in the wrong hands as often). Anyone can get a gun saying it's for self defence. Yet of course you can actually be tried for murder of you kill a robber who didn't attack you, depending on the situation. It's ridiculous.

As for the shooting, I just heard the shooter died. Bull [cabbage]. The kid makes national news and gets to escape punishment. I hate how all these school shooters get away with it. And it just makes models for other shooters. Try to beat the high score for kills, then take your life and go down in the history books without any punishment. I was really hoping this guy was going to live. I wanted him to feel the mental anguish of being in a confined room for the rest of his life.

I agree, that law is far better than the US equivalent.

I'm half-joking, but if anybody wanted a weapon for self defence, wouldn't a tazer be better than a gun?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I agree, that law is far better than the US equivalent.

I'm half-joking, but if anybody wanted a weapon for self defence, wouldn't a tazer be better than a gun?

Well there are instances where a tazer can accidentally shock the user, but in most circumstances I agree a tazer is better

You'd be wrong in thinking that. A person with a gun knows how dangerous it is. (If they were actually able to buy it, you can't walk in and just go I WANT BOOM BOOM) Tazers are often under...umm...under...augh. I forgot the word. UNDERESTIMATED! Yeah. Seriously. They can paralyze and even kill just as easily, are much easier to get, and much easier to get a license for. Easier to conceal, too.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I hope i don't hear any news about idiots threatening schools in Sweden again. I remember the last shooting in Suomi, some fools over here threatend a couple of schools.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Well, guess if i (unfortunately) was right?

Yesterday, a school in Västerås (not so far from Stockholm) was closed in the morning, about 2h after the school started. 08.40 a call was made to 112 (911), the threat was that people in the school were to be shot. 10.15 teachers found a note saying the same things as the earlier phone-call.

The school soon closed after that for the day.

This school was also threatened last year, during last year school shootings.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé