dragon axe really worth 1.6mill??

Grogtholomew

personally i would just use the money to get 92 fm and get an adz and then get fm xp while your wcing

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

It is truly worth the money, if you can cut at least 2k Yews a day, it will play itself off in two days. It cuts at the rate of a Rune Axe + 15%, it is a must have for any half-serious woodcutter. If you have a long term goal with Woodcutting, such as 85 or even 99 from your current level, then defiantly buy it. If you are using it for a short time frame, such as one or two levels for a quest, don't bother.

Summary of my short paragraph:

If you want to go up by 5+ Woodcutting levels: Buy it.

If you want to go up by 1-5 Woodcutting levels: Don't bother.

songokusigtif.png

If you want Eucalyptus, Yews or Magics then it's a must. You can easily sell it when you are done.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

As said above, really only useful for hardcore woodcutting, and only a noticeable advantage in the far long term. I personally don't woodcut, but I still own one, because it has a far more important use for me in slayer. If I had to recommend anything, it would not be a dragon axe, but temple trekking and burgh de rott rambling to get the four pieces of the lumberjack costume, for its woodcutting xp bonus when worn in full. When used together, however, full lumberjack and a dragon axe is the ultimate woodcutters advantage.

people are really unsure about this item!!

i've had the axe for the better part of the day and cutting yews in cammy i've had 3 buy offers and countless lend offers from ppl wondering what they're getting into with a 1.6mill purchase.

but i have to say i feel really stupid for not realizing i can easily sell it back on the ge for minimal if any loss of $$$.

gregory13.png

personally i would just use the money to get 92 fm and get an adz and then get fm xp while your wcing

Not everybody is "skilled" enough to get the Adze. And besides. He could do it with Yews. And fail. 200k Gone. Then try again, And fail. 400k gone.

Just buy the Dragon axe. Its well worth it. :)

I got a Adze. And even i might buy a D axe to get all the logs i chop.. ;)

Archer%20Pzyco.png

Archer_pzyco.png

remember, you could always sell it ;) buy it and see if u like it or do wc for a month and then sell it back.

If you want Eucalyptus, Yews or Magics then it's a must. You can easily sell it when you are done.

If you're cutting for more than 4 hours, get it. You can always sell it back later.

all of the above, besides, you can just sell it, because by the time you decide if you like it or not, you've probably cut about 250k worth of logs, if the price drops that much, i'll be suprised.

Evilfish1.png

I think I'll do Baby Blacks :P

As said above, really only useful for hardcore woodcutting, and only a noticeable advantage in the far long term. I personally don't woodcut, but I still own one, because it has a far more important use for me in slayer. If I had to recommend anything, it would not be a dragon axe, but temple trekking and burgh de rott rambling to get the four pieces of the lumberjack costume, for its woodcutting xp bonus when worn in full. When used together, however, full lumberjack and a dragon axe is the ultimate woodcutters advantage.

I'd like to add that this is bad advice. The dragon axe is far more effective than the lumberjack costume. Oftentimes the time you save from full lumberjack, even over 99 woodcutting, is less than the time it takes to obtain it. The full set adds 2.5% to your experience, whereas the dragon axe increases your chopping speed by ~15%, so the dragon axe is clearly much more worth it.

Anyway, yeah you should use a dragon axe, it's worth it.

If you are in woodcutting for the money, then I say buy a dragon axe.

I can't imagine anyone who was cutting logs for money would tolerate an adze burning his profits.

The adze is better for miners than it is for wc because of its immunity to ran dumb events.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Depends on how long you are planning on woodcutting. if you are going from 40-70 then yes it's worth it. If you are doing yews for cash and are just gonna get bored after 2 hours, then no it isn't.

Don't forget you can always borrow one.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

If you are in woodcutting for the money, then I say buy a dragon axe.

I can't imagine anyone who was cutting logs for money would tolerate an adze burning his profits.

The adze is better for miners than it is for wc because of its immunity to ran dumb events.

Well. That's right.

But for me, who is going for 99 wc. I can't give less [cabbage]. And the Adze makes it less banking an hour. =D>

Archer%20Pzyco.png

Archer_pzyco.png

Of course. The highest lvl anything in any game is overpriced.

Only get it if you plan for 90+ wcing. If not a RUne Axe is good enough

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

I'd like to add that this is bad advice. The dragon axe is far more effective than the lumberjack costume. Oftentimes the time you save from full lumberjack, even over 99 woodcutting, is less than the time it takes to obtain it. The full set adds 2.5% to your experience, whereas the dragon axe increases your chopping speed by ~15%, so the dragon axe is clearly much more worth it.

Anyway, yeah you should use a dragon axe, it's worth it.

I'd like to reiterate that what I posted before is not bad advice. Time spent temple trekking and burgh de rott rambling is hardly a waste of anyone's time, contrary to the ill-advised opinion of players like you who continue to spread this old wives' tale, simply because either they are misinformed about the minigame, or the style of gameplay it offers is not, at first glance, their cup of tea. These two reciprocal minigames offer an efficient way to gain not only items that are otherwise difficult/annoying/slow/boring to come by, and a number of unique and high-demand items that are only obtainable through playing these minigames, but also a wide variety of xp rewards in skills you may or may not have chosen to actively train (including woodcutting!), as well as the choice to either gain combat xp or evade the combat related events therein.

To revise my original post, I advise getting the full lumberjack costume unless both of the following conditions are met:

1. the player in question is unlucky enough to take more than a week of constant play to obtain all four parts of the lumberjack costume. (<1% of the population)

2. the player in question desires xp in no skills other than woodcutting. (<1% of the population)

In summary, my previous advice could only have been deemed "bad" if these two conditions were met, an occurence which presents in fewer than one hundredth of a percent of cases, and even in such cases, my advice would be more aptly termed "inappropriate," rather than "bad." Hardly an eventuality I take into consideration when giving advice on a public forum, since those few users for whom those two rare conditions are met, are, in general, fully capable of recognizing their special circumstances and competently understanding that such otherwise sound advice does not apply to them, and thus ignoring it. Furthermore, the point of comparing the advantages of full lumberjack's xp boost to the increased accuracy of the dragon axe when woodcutting is completely moot, given that they can be used in concert with one another. Certainly there is no reason not to fully explore the gameplay offered by runescape, and both are rewarding aspects.

Off topic, it is due to uninformed retorts like these that my post count remains low. I keep most of my wealth of sage advice to myself, having experienced the knee-jerk, witch-hunting hatership which is most posters' gut reaction to being surprised by something they read. To the original poster, I offer this: you may take or leave any piece of advice you encounter on these or any other forums. My rule of thumb is that, of two forum posters in disagreement, the one who resorts to defamation or disparaging remarks is generally the one offering the less helpful input. You may take or leave that.

Final word:

Dragon Axe: get it

Full Lumberjack Costume: get it

I'd like to reiterate that what I posted before is not bad advice. Time spent temple trekking and burgh de rott rambling is hardly a waste of anyone's time, contrary to the ill-advised opinion of players like you who continue to spread this old wives' tale, simply because either they are misinformed about the minigame, or the style of gameplay it offers is not, at first glance, their cup of tea. These two reciprocal minigames offer an efficient way to gain not only items that are otherwise difficult/annoying/slow/boring to come by, and a number of unique and high-demand items that are only obtainable through playing these minigames, but also a wide variety of xp rewards in skills you may or may not have chosen to actively train (including woodcutting!), as well as the choice to either gain combat xp or evade the combat related events therein.

To revise my original post, I advise getting the full lumberjack costume unless both of the following conditions are met:

1. the player in question is unlucky enough to take more than a week of constant play to obtain all four parts of the lumberjack costume. (<1% of the population)

2. the player in question desires xp in no skills other than woodcutting. (<1% of the population)

In summary, my previous advice could only have been deemed "bad" if these two conditions were met, an occurence which presents in fewer than one hundredth of a percent of cases, and even in such cases, my advice would be more aptly termed "inappropriate," rather than "bad." Hardly an eventuality I take into consideration when giving advice on a public forum, since those few users for whom those two rare conditions are met, are, in general, fully capable of recognizing their special circumstances and competently understanding that such otherwise sound advice does not apply to them, and thus ignoring it. Furthermore, the point of comparing the advantages of full lumberjack's xp boost to the increased accuracy of the dragon axe when woodcutting is completely moot, given that they can be used in concert with one another. Certainly there is no reason not to fully explore the gameplay offered by runescape, and both are rewarding aspects.

Off topic, it is due to uninformed retorts like these that my post count remains low. I keep most of my wealth of sage advice to myself, having experienced the knee-jerk, witch-hunting hatership which is most posters' gut reaction to being surprised by something they read. To the original poster, I offer this: you may take or leave any piece of advice you encounter on these or any other forums. My rule of thumb is that, of two forum posters in disagreement, the one who resorts to defamation or disparaging remarks is generally the one offering the less helpful input. You may take or leave that.

Final word:

Dragon Axe: get it

Full Lumberjack Costume: get it

I didn't actually say that Lumberjack isn't worth getting. I like Temple Trekking. I have full lumberjack and I've never regretted getting it. The minigame is entertaining, and more profitable than the actual woodcutting. What I disputed was your recommendation of Lumberjack instead of the dragon axe, which clearly is the wrong choice if you were to only get one of them. (And if you're referring to Tomes of Experience, they're not common at all. I can trek for an hour on the easy route without getting even one of them. Over the time I took to get a full lumberjack set, I don't remember getting any.)