Your views on having close friends of the opposite sex?

Obtaurian

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think of it this way. If you tell a guy you are having a bad day, they will call you a [bleep]. If you tell a girl, she will listen to your feelings.

That's true, I care about what's wrong when someone's sad.

But the problem is that guys generally have a hard time telling someone what the problem is >_>

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

It's fine to have a close friend of the opposite sex. Stops you from turning gay.

You kidding? Most gay guys have more female friends than male ones.

There's a difference between a gay guy having girl friends and girl friends turning a guy gay.

At first I thought you were kidding, but it doesn't seem like that now. You can't "turn" gay any more than you can "turn" straight.

I went out with my friend in 6th grade(and broke up at the end) and right now me and her are like best friends, i tell her everything she tells me everything. We hang out and its not akward or anything, but my girlfriend isn't really that close with other guys, but if she was i would get kind of jealous if they just all the suddon because BFFS(lol) but me and Her we alredy best friends for a long time but after we went out we got even closer. Her boyfriend gets kinda mad at us cuz we talk and spend alot of time together but we're just like best friends.

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

Think of it this way. If you tell a guy you are having a bad day, they will call you a [bleep]. If you tell a girl, she will listen to your feelings.

That's true, I care about what's wrong when someone's sad.

But the problem is that guys generally have a hard time telling someone what the problem is >_>

You're joking, right?

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I grew up with my sister and her friends. Some of them are barely a year older than me, and I'd say we're friends. Also, in kindergarten, I was friends with a few girls, we're still friends.

Though my best friend is a guy, some girls do rank pretty high up on my list. If I just want to rant and don't want a response, I'll talk to a guy (We're like walls, so impassive...), but if I want a response, I'll go to a girl.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

i have good friends that r girls but my best friends r guys. its just that u can talk to guys about some topics better then girls. they r the same sex so u can talk about girl with them etc.

Are you kidding? ha. I talk about everything under the rainbow with my best friend that is a girl. We talk about guys and girls, even in sexual context. Who better to go to for advice, honestly?

tFtfA.jpg

I'm closer to female friends than the guys.Because the guys tend to make fun of you if you open up,see.And thats how I'd consider closeness in a friendship,being able to open up.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

i have good friends that r girls but my best friends r guys. its just that u can talk to guys about some topics better then girls. they r the same sex so u can talk about girl with them etc.

I've honestly found that girls are just as easy to talk to about other girls are guys are. I have a good friend who is a girl and is always willing to talk to me if I'm having trouble with a gf or whatever. Same goes for my best friend, but he's a guy and I listen to his [cabbage] too (and he tends to have a lot more than me).

Agreed deloria. I've found having female friends to often be more valuable than having male friends when it comes to understanding a women, unsurprisingly :P . Apart from that though it seems much more natural and easy for best mates to be of the same sex.

I'm closer to female friends than the guys.Because the guys tend to make fun of you if you open up,see.And thats how I'd consider closeness in a friendship,being able to open up.

For guys you really need to develop a relationship first before doing that kind of thing. If you just open up to some guy who you really don't know enough about to do so, you come off as a wuss and oftentimes a little annoying (basically not strong enough to help them if/when they have a problem).

An observation (being a wuss) I would generally agree with. It's a "stupid stereotype", but I still follow it. Be a man, toughen up a bit if you're getting to sappy for your mates >_>.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Generally for guys, you start to have more female friends when you realize how stupid your own gender can be sometimes. At least that is my scenario, when 90% of the school's males are epic idiots, what can you do?

My gf has really good guy friends, and whilst I know I'm not in any danger of losing her to them (I have a huge ego). I feel that she tells them more than she tells me, it really gets annoying.. :|

if53pv.png

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

My gf has really good guy friends, and whilst I know I'm not in any danger of losing her to them (I have a huge ego). I feel that she tells them more than she tells me, it really gets annoying.. :|

I'm in the same situations. Actually, I know she does. For some reason that cuts me up, and I don't even know why it does. There's nothing going on between them and there never will be, but still...

Anyway, having close friends of the opposite sex is healthy, for different perspectives etc.

untitled-1.png

Generally for guys, you start to have more female friends when you realize how stupid your own gender can be sometimes. At least that is my scenario, when 90% of the school's males are epic idiots, what can you do?

It's not so much that they're idiots, it's that they've nothing particularly interesting to talk about.

I've just always related more with girls than guys.

Go out and find some girlfriends you get along really well with then. You'll become more secure about the situation then.

But what's more fun than being a man? Chest bumps and guttural roars.

YEAH

I agree with this statement.

As for girlfriends telling their guy friends more about their lives than their boyfriends, it might not even be anything REALLY important. I personally don't feel the need to complain to my girlfriend about every little worry and thought that I have. I reserve that for my closest female friend. I don't feel that I should put my emotional burdens on my significant other, and I wouldn't be at all phased if she did the same. Of course, I talk to her when it's something even a little bit important, but if I'm just having a bad day, I'd rather spend my time with her being happy, not complaining.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm in a very serious relationship. I've just met a girl who is quickly becoming a close friend of mine, and it's a completely platonic relationship.

By the way, I would be careful if I were you.

I got close to someone who had a girlfriend and she got jealous(?) and ended up dumping him because of me.

Sooooo, tell the girl that you love her etc, reassure her if she starts getting suspicious/jealous.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I'm in a very serious relationship. I've just met a girl who is quickly becoming a close friend of mine, and it's a completely platonic relationship.

By the way, I would be careful if I were you.

I got close to someone who had a girlfriend and she got jealous(?) and ended up dumping him because of me.

Sooooo, tell the girl that you love her etc, reassure her if she starts getting suspicious/jealous.

Yeah, I've been having problems with that lately. Not with my girlfriend, just with myself personally. Even though we've established that our relationship is platonic, I still flirt a little with my new friend. My girlfriend lives eight hours away from me, and while I would never cheat on her, I still can't help but be flattered by all the attention that my friend gives me.

And that makes me wonder if this is totally normal, as long as I don't act on my flirtations.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.