Your views on having close friends of the opposite sex?

Obtaurian

How do you feel about it?

I've always had close female friends. I get along better with girls than I do guys. Right now, however, I'm in a very serious relationship. I've just met a girl who is quickly becoming a close friend of mine, and it's a completely platonic relationship. For those of you in relationships, how do you feel about your girlfriend/boyfriend having a close friend of the opposite sex? For those of you who aren't currently taken, how would you feel?

I felt like this was a worthy discussion.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whell, most of my close friends are girls. I like hanging out wif girls because they give me the attention I need to feed my narcissistic ego. My NOW girlfriend was also my previous best friend, and I'm a jealous bastard so I carefully watch her because she has a "good" relationship with her ex... :-k

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

I'm not the jealous type. It's not that I'm ridiculously confident, I'm just apathetic.

I don't like women that much, and would much rather spend my time with men.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I have several. Probably the only folks my age that hang out just because we're all good friends.

I have to say, though, with my best female pal - our friendship started by me noticing that her hips didn't lie and she was starting to feel the noise...

Most of my friends are dudes, though. Can mess you up if you decide you have more than just friendly feelings for a lady.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Most of my friends are girls. I tend to have more in common with them and I think they're just easier to talk to. The few male friends I do have, though, I'm pretty close to; can't say that for all the girls. :P

And James, there have been times where I've wished I was straight because girls are easier to talk to. The grass is always greener, huh?

I have to say, though, with my best female pal - our friendship started by me noticing that her hips didn't lie and she was starting to feel the noise...

I lol'd.

I have about as many female friends as I have male friends. I am completely straight, but almost all my friends have at one point genuinely asked me whether or not I'm gay. In addition, most of my female friends tend to view me as someone who could never see a girl as anything other than a friend, despite the fact I have a girlfriend. But on topic, I see nothing wrong with having close friends of the opposite sex, though it has the potential to complicate things when you're in a relationship with someone else.

Cool.

My best friend is my ex.

one of my girlfriends best friends is a guy they've know each other since school.

Whereas ive only known my ex since 2004.

But life is sometimes easier when women aren't around.

To have a easy weekend you need male friends, a computer each, a few cat cables, a switch and my good friend Johnny Walker.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

I think it is great to have close friends of the opposite sex. Although, just as there are reasons for that, I think it is important to have some friends of the same sex.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I have about as many male close friends as I do female close friends, but I have more male friends in general. Most women I can't stand because they are too emotional and there is too much drama. It's also a lot easier to hang out with guy friends, all of this being my opinion of course.

My absolute best friend done here in AZ is a girl. We are really close and talk about everything together. I love her, I don't know what I would do without are friendship.

I don't currently have a girlfriend, but I mean people have friends, you can't always put their gender in the way of the relationship. You just have to trust your partner.

tFtfA.jpg

My best friend is my ex.

one of my girlfriends best friends is a guy they've know each other since school.

Whereas ive only known my ex since 2004.

But life is sometimes easier when women aren't around.

To have a easy weekend you need male friends, a computer each, a few cat cables, a switch and my good friend Johnny Walker.

Ha, Johnny Walker. My friend loves the stuff but whiskey isn't so much my cup of tea so much anymore :-X .

tFtfA.jpg

I don't see why anyone would oppose having friends of the opposite sex.

When I have friends, it doesn't matter whether they're male or female. I basically am friends with people that are laid back, funny, and can take a joke. Obviously, I'm going to be better friends with guys, but a few girls slip through and are really nice among the group.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I think it's fine, but some people might mistake getting closer to someone of the opposite sex as falling in love.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I think it's fine, but some people might mistake getting closer to someone of the opposite sex as falling in love.

Yeah. I don't have the the problem as intense as falling in love, but slowly I'm becoming more attracted to my best friend-who-is-a-girl, but she has a boyfriend :| Who would've thought that teenage drama actually appears important to some people?

Yeah. I don't have the the problem as intense as falling in love, but slowly I'm becoming more attracted to my best friend-who-is-a-girl, but she has a boyfriend :| Who would've thought that teenage drama actually appears important to some people?

Lol, the upside is that since while shes with her boyfriend, you'll be able to gather all you need to know about her for when your "turn" comes around... IF you still are attracted to her then.

I had the same problem, but her boyfriend left her and she came onto me but I'm not that evil so I didn't do anything then because I would've been taking advantage of her, so I gave her some time until she finally liked me for me. yay :twss:

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

It's fine to have a close friend of the opposite sex. Stops you from turning gay.

You kidding? Most gay guys have more female friends than male ones.

There's a difference between a gay guy having girl friends and girl friends turning a guy gay.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots