Your views on having close friends of the opposite sex?

Obtaurian

I'm in a very serious relationship. I've just met a girl who is quickly becoming a close friend of mine, and it's a completely platonic relationship.

By the way, I would be careful if I were you.

I got close to someone who had a girlfriend and she got jealous(?) and ended up dumping him because of me.

Sooooo, tell the girl that you love her etc, reassure her if she starts getting suspicious/jealous.

Yeah, I've been having problems with that lately. Not with my girlfriend, just with myself personally. Even though we've established that our relationship is platonic, I still flirt a little with my new friend. My girlfriend lives eight hours away from me, and while I would never cheat on her, I still can't help but be flattered by all the attention that my friend gives me.

And that makes me wonder if this is totally normal, as long as I don't act on my flirtations.

I have a lot of experience in that area o_O

Well, kinda.

But I think you should try hard NOT to flirt with her or else she might interpret it as something else... D: And that's no good.

Because guys are known to well, cheat on their girlfriends (might be a different case for you)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in a very serious relationship. I've just met a girl who is quickly becoming a close friend of mine, and it's a completely platonic relationship.

By the way, I would be careful if I were you.

I got close to someone who had a girlfriend and she got jealous(?) and ended up dumping him because of me.

Sooooo, tell the girl that you love her etc, reassure her if she starts getting suspicious/jealous.

Yeah, I've been having problems with that lately. Not with my girlfriend, just with myself personally. Even though we've established that our relationship is platonic, I still flirt a little with my new friend. My girlfriend lives eight hours away from me, and while I would never cheat on her, I still can't help but be flattered by all the attention that my friend gives me.

And that makes me wonder if this is totally normal, as long as I don't act on my flirtations.

I mean as long as you guys both understand that your relationship is platonic, then you shouldn't have to worry.

Best advice I could give is don't send mix messages, they can ruin relationships.

tFtfA.jpg

I barely have friends let alone close ones and - god forbid - ones of the opposite gender.

How do you do it guys? How I mine for friends?

People got weirded out when I began blaring the Spice Girls from my mp3 player today.

I assume you've know of the well cultured anonymous?

or you could go go pull a densha.

Manoman, most of the lads I know are idiots sometimes. Just roll with it, 'cause its fun, but know your boundaries and define them, and people learn to respect that.

Tk5SF.png

I barely have friends let alone close ones and - god forbid - ones of the opposite gender.

How do you do it guys? How I mine for friends?

People got weirded out when I began blaring the Spice Girls from my mp3 player today.

They just don't understand.

Anyways, I have plenty of female friends and I've never really thought it was weird. I usually hang out with either just guys or just girls at a given time though. The only exceptions are my friends girlfriends. For some reason they don't like me being with their girlfriend when they're not. :roll:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I'll never understand people who think guys and girls can't be friends, why can't they? I always ask my friend that seeing as he thinks they can't.

Personally i don't have many female friends, mostly due to the fact i'm quite shy around most of them.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

I actually have a lot of friends who are guys (GASP I'm a girl!) because I just don't 'mesh' with other girls... I don't love clothing and I don't love shopping for clothes, I play hockey, etc. I do have more friends who are girls now than friends who are guys, but I used to have almost entirely guy friends.

I actually have a lot of friends who are guys (GASP I'm a girl!) because I just don't 'mesh' with other girls... I don't love clothing and I don't love shopping for clothes, I play hockey, etc. I do have more friends who are girls now than friends who are guys, but I used to have almost entirely guy friends.

:shock:

I always thought you were a guy...

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I've always found having a best friend who is a girl is much easier to talk more emotional or private things with as they seem to understand problems more and don't laugh at them. I wouldn't really find the help of a girl good in a fight though, no offense meant.

I have an equal amount of friends of the same sex or opposite sex (I'm a girl); but girls (same sex) is much easier to talk to because we know how we feel to certain things and we relate much more. Alot of men in my school are idiotic and share no interests with me.

Because i'm gay there isn't much tension between me and people of the opposite sex, other than when they fancy MY boyfriend...

Ok, I take it back.... I don't love you anymore, you might get ideas ;)

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Most of my friends are guys, half of which are gay.

I thought that said "Most of my friends are gays".

OT: I think it's good to have close friends of the opposite sex. Although, since I'm 12, I tend to hang with the guys since I can't stand the friggin' giggling and the "OH MY GODS".

My best friend is a girl and I dated her and because we're so close nothing got in the way of that and we're still fine. Doesn't matter if they're a boy or girl though, as long as you have friends...right? :anxious:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I like having friends that are girls but most girls think I'm "weird" :lol:

I mainly hang out with guys. I still can't find a girl to hang out with that likes the same music as me, most all girls here listen to the [cabbage] rap on the radio :wall:

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I mainly hang out with guys. I still can't find a girl to hang out with that likes the same music as me, most all girls here listen to the [cabbage] rap on the radio :wall:

soulja boy up in dis oh

watch me crank

and

watch me roll

watch me crank dat soulja boy then superman dat hoe

now watch me yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

soulja boy up in dis oh

watch me crank

and

watch me roll

watch me crank dat soulja boy then superman dat hoe

now watch me yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

YUH MAAANN

edit: I will probably get in trouble for what i first had there :roll:

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I don't have a problem with it at all. I mean, I have a ton of close friends that are girls. Many of whom i actually have feelings for. Sadly, im in a relationship right now..but that will be ending soon. :-k (I won't complain at all) Good things there is still penty of possibilities :thumbsup:

There is nothign wrong with it, other than the fact you get really close to them and start having feelings for them.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

I don't have very many really close friends who are women, although I have plenty of just normal friends who are girls. I don't think any of my friends are gay and it wouldn't really matter. But I see nothing wrong with having a gay friend or a close opposite sex friend or something. I've seen those immature idiots who think that because I don't have a girlfriend that means that I'm going to bone some of the girl's I'm friend's with. :wall:

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

My best friend is my ex.

one of my girlfriends best friends is a guy they've know each other since school.

Whereas ive only known my ex since 2004.

But life is sometimes easier when women aren't around.

To have a easy weekend you need male friends, a computer each, a few cat cables, a switch and my good friend Johnny Walker.

Here Here!!

its good having friends of both genders for each one has their own view and characteristics that make your friendship unique, and as DaN said, sometimes all ya need is a weekend with the mates, or weekend with the Girls for the females. ::'

thankfully my GF's ex's is a few guys who litterally did nothing in their relationships (including hang out) so i dont need to worry there. plus she's been my best friend for a long time so it was a funny reaction when she asked me out; i was tipsy, giggling alot and she always understood my hardships with relations. goes to show sometimes best friends are more then that. 8-)

Because i'm gay there isn't much tension between me and people of the opposite sex, other than when they fancy MY boyfriend...

i was asked "Are you gay?" once because i had pure-white Hair for a day [bleep]ed up. #-o

but, in your case you need a "Anti-Fangirl's Bodyguard" :lol:

Popoto.~<3

My motto is: hang with em but don't bang with em.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I don't think there are many girls out there who like viking metal.

And if they do, I think they'd be a big [bleep]ed up in the head.

You're not THAT weird though.. that's under my standards though.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.