Partyhats - Dropping on a daily basis

@Dan3HitU

Do you believe this is Jagex setting the prices?

They've gone down on a daily basis (1-3 days if not daily).

Purple is soon going to reach "street-value" so do you think people may start investing in it? (street value 90M).

This is kinda strange since the prices on partyhats stayed pretty constant for so long (from what I remember anyway), so they might be lowering the prices to encourage trading.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

I have watched party hats [bleep]e up and down over the years..there will always be a demand for them. Invest in purple? I wouldn't recommend it; invest in blue, white, or red. Purple, yellow, green are always the first bought once a player is able to afford a phat, so you will always see +/- [bleep]es in their prices.

Jagex ruined the phat market with ge/trade limit. If they are lowering the prices, it is only to drive the use of the ge instead of players adding to a trade.

bob7926.png

They reached a point where so many were held my merchants that real demand in them fell to extremely low. The only reason they reached so high in the past was merchants selling to other merchants. Ordinary people just dont want to spend that much money on a paper hat anymore. Now there are so many other things for people to spend their money on like Bandos and Armadyl armour, godswords and spirit sheilds which not just look "cool" but actually have a use. It was inevitable that they would drop eventually but how much they will in the end... noone knows.

I think people would be foolish to invest in party hats again. It's such a huge investment for potentially little gain. People are far better off investing in lots of cheaper things than putting all their eggs in one basket.

I know this is a silly example as it would take weeks to purchase the amount but this is purely for show that large amounts of small items is better than small amounts of expensive ones:

You could have invested 112.8m (yellow phat mid) in 600k mith ores for 188gp each last week. Today they are 249gp each and you would have made 149.4m. Profit of 36.6m. Would take you a long time to get that kind of investment off a partyhat ever again.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

That argument was the same when they first started to go up, only back then it was, "people do not want to spend money on paper hats when they could be buying a d chain, or something useful." Fact is, people have always desired the ability to wield a phat. Real merchanters made money off of the people thinking they could merchant back when phats really started to take off, and now, the people buying phats are those that made huge profits, and those that now because of all the new armor and weapons, are able to finally afford that "paper hat."

bob7926.png

bought my red 207,500,000 now its about 150 and i dont feel bad at all i love how it looks its a great colour and i can still afford godswords, banods etc.

although it wouldbe nice to know that if i wanted to sell it i could but as the prices have dropped every day im guessing its due to manipulation from certain players (which is why blue isnt as affected).

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

That argument was the same when they first started to go up, only back then it was, "people do not want to spend money on paper hats when they could be buying a d chain, or something useful." Fact is, people have always desired the ability to wield a phat. Real merchanters made money off of the people thinking they could merchant back when phats really started to take off, and now, the people buying phats are those that made huge profits, and those that now because of all the new armor and weapons, are able to finally afford that "paper hat."

Like how full bandos and an ags is ideal for a combatant, so is a partyhat for a skiller. In a way it does have no bonuses, but when you see that the person can lend it (aka, didn't borrow it), it's like a hat with a propeller on it. Many poeple don't want to have one, but when you see it, you just think wow #-o

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Like how full bandos and an ags is ideal for a combatant, so is a partyhat for a skiller. In a way it does have no bonuses, but when you see that the person can lend it (aka, didn't borrow it), it's like a hat with a propeller on it. Many poeple don't want to have one, but when you see it, you just think wow #-o

I hate level 70's going around trading people for partyhats when they just want to see it in trade. -.-

Its a waste of time for both people.

I guess they changed the "how many need to be sold" limit,

when they updated the trade limits.

3rd age also rises faster than before,

But indeed, you should buy a partyhat quickly,

just like I did :lol:

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

If jagex doesn't release anything similar to the Gs's or Bandos armour, which as Mercifull said, are expensive, but they are indeed extremely useful.

Partyhats are only expensive. There's no reason to buy them anymore, as a Godsword fulfills the purpose of 'showing off', 'looking cool' and being useful.

If Jagex doesn't release anything like the GS's or such in the next few months, partyhats will probably still go down, but it will slow, or go back up a bit.

But that could take in till April for the mass amounts of people wanting GS's to die down.

If they're reaching street value and people keep selling them at minimum then Jagex are doing the right thing. There's no point having a GE if prices are so wrong that it's impossible to buy/sell things on there.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Jagex changed the way partyhats worked on the GE. They changed it so they were far more sensitive to make up for the lack of huge numbers needed to move an items price. To balance this they changed the value margin to 1% lower and 1% higher. So patyhats can fall consistantly, but with a lower pace then the 5% other items get.

Also, you sure puprles are 90M street? I see people selling them for 40M + junk all the time

Jagex changed the way partyhats worked on the GE. They changed it so they were far more sensitive to make up for the lack of huge numbers needed to move an items price. To balance this they changed the value margin to 1% lower and 1% higher. So patyhats can fall consistantly, but with a lower pace then the 5% other items get.

Also, you sure puprles are 90M street? I see people selling them for 40M + junk all the time

Yeah, my mate recently bought one for 2 DFHs + 10m, which I think is around 30-40m street price.

tifsiggy.jpg

Well if it's heading towards the market price, people are willing to pay for it. Since people were against buying party hats in the first place because they were so much they are now more inclined so the drop is natural I feel.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Yep it will carry on dropping till it hits street price - though I gather street price is dropping slightly in response to the exchange drop - so not sure where that will be exactly.

I predict when it hits that level though it's going to bounce back up again a little bit.

Party hats still have plenty of prestige - and lots of people prefer to buy on the exchange if the prices are anywhere near sensible as trading with players can be a pain and junk trading doesn't feel right to a lot of people.

Buying while they're still dropping seems a bad plan, but I bet there's lots and lots of people waiting for them to stop and then they'll buy.

It'll have been a long long time since you could pick up a party hat so cheap and easily and quite the opportunity. (either for investment or too keep)

Remember, if you sell your phat for street price, you get the street price in cash + TONS OF JUNK. That junk isnt worthless...

Yeah, if you're rich enough to buy a phat then you probably have other stuff you can lend out to sell that junk. Either that or you can just lend out the phat to get rid of the junk lol.

tifsiggy.jpg

I still don't think there is an anything that makes you go wow in quite the same way as a party hat. Whenever I see a blue or white I go wow in the same way as someone with a slayer cape. It is a real achievement. I think if you offered anyone one of them there would be no one who would say no.

Thanks to Kadad06 my cousin who got me hooked on this awesome game.

Yes because jagex are completely plotting against us *sarcasm*

I think 2 factors that made them drop were:

item lending - why buy when you can lend

trade limit - pretty obvious here

That's pretty much it :thumbup: jagex didn't change the prices.

2vuhgcn.png

Remember, if you sell your phat for street price, you get the street price in cash + TONS OF JUNK. That junk isnt worthless...

Yeah, if you're rich enough to buy a phat then you probably have other stuff you can lend out to sell that junk. Either that or you can just lend out the phat to get rid of the junk lol.

lol, you just sold the hat, hard to lend out a hat you dont got, isnt it :D

"Item: Party Hats

Current Price: 100-300M

Expected Price: 200-400M and FROZEN

Reason for expected price: Partyhats are RARE. They should never have dropped so much in price in the first place. There are people out there who have them, and then they wish to quit, so to show off they high-alch their partyhat and any other rares they have.

The price of partyhats should be frozen. There are never going to be any more of them, there are only going to be less. Just freeze the price and make everyone happy!

Just a related quote for the lulz. There used to be a lot more, but they all got hidden :(.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif