Memories.....

Elimist5000

i remember buying my first rune battle axe i was so kewl back then some classmates thought but then i buyed a r2h and everybody was like haxor u is got much money u is die plox

and buying my p hat for 3 mill oh i was so happy back then (btw i still have that p hat)

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, nostalgi...

My first day in RuneScape was very funny, after a few hours ( :lol: ) i've finished the tutorial, and then i started to kill cows... and after a few weeks i thought, hmm why is my prayer so low ( it was 4 ) till i asked my friend, how do u train prayer? He said, u can't train it, u need to be friendly to the rs gods and go to the church :lol: . I was like ok, i went to church, till my rl friend asked what r u doing *? I was like, training prayer, he said u need to bury bones!! :lol: I was like, ok and i started burying, and look now, i'm still 41 :lol: 8)

i thought u started in 2001??

Oh dear, i must be a year too early then :lol:

u liar, tutorials started in like 03

they didnt start in 2003 they started in 2001 i remember because thats when i started

tut island started in 02 or 03 NOT 01 thast when i started

~bmms

Tutorial island came out 03. I'm 100 % sure :)

Yep, indeed

All Categories - Game Updates - Website - Customer Support

Technical - Behind the Scenes

24 September 2002 - Tutorial island

Tutorial Island

First-time players will now start their adventures on tutorial island, where the good people of Runescape are busy preparing people for the challenges that await them.

Waterfall Quest (Members' quest)

Walk along the river that flows through Kandarin, where the locals speak of hidden treasure, and the legend of the Elven King.

King Black Dragon (Members' monster)

The most fearsome monster ever to venture into Runescape has now... err... ventured into Runescape.

So for all you plucky young upstarts, take a break from emailing customer support and pit your wits against the deadliest beast to date! More prudent types might just want to gaze at him from afar. Of course you'll have to find him first.

go to updates go to page 18 and ull see that tut isle came in 2002

Dragon drops - 2

visage drops- 1

barrow drops - 5

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when I first started, I made my character a warrior cuz I thought I would be super strong :lol:, and I remember I made it to 800 gp once and then I went into the ice cave and got killed and i almost wanted to cry because i worked forever to get it :oops: , and i remember my first 100 gp, me and my friend mined iron ore for 10 gp each lol. I remember getting full mith armor for the first time, my friend gave it to me because he was so rich, and right after he gave it to me some guy told me he could make me a lvl 100 if i let him on my account because he had a program that could to it and i lost everything again :lol:. I remember going to port sarim and seeing that addy battle axes were 3k and i was like :shock: omg who has money for something like that! And how whenever people starting talking smack you would be like " what lvl are u then?" and they would say they are 85 or something, and i would tell them lets go to the wild then if ur really 85 (since you couldnt see there lvl outside of the wildy) :lol: . Wow rs used to be so much fun, when it wasnt such a greedy place. man i miss RSC... :cry:

I remember the 1st day or 2 wandering around lost because I didnt know enough to switch the camera angle mode to manual :oops: I remember doing noob trades and some nice person gave me an iron plate :P I made my 1st 100g selling silk to varrock. :lol:

Wow this is an old post but its a good one.

limdog.png

I remember the 1st day or 2 wandering around lost because I didnt know enough to switch the camera angle mode to manual :oops: I remember doing noob trades and some nice person gave me an iron plate :P I made my 1st 100g selling silk to varrock. :lol:

Glad i'm not the only one who had trouble with the camera :D .

It was horrible the first day, good i had some rl friends who had a lot of patience :D.

signature4s.jpg

My first day is slightly blurry. All I really remember is misspelling the name of my character and having to make a new one right after :lol: .

I chose to be an Adventurer (sorry all you tutorial island noobs... tis is FAR before your time). Twas quite interesting. I remember I couldn't talk to other players for some reason. Then a closer look at my stuck "enter" button, and the problem was solved quickly :P .

The first day I joined, the first person that responded to any of my questions... was Rubbermaid. He was the first on my buddy list and the first to actually help me in any way. He gave me (on my first day) bronze medium, bronze chain, and an iron short. I'm not going to say I didn't feel like a king because I did :wink: .

I think I gained an attack and defense level my first day, along with 2 woodcutting levels because as an adventurer your starting items included a hatchet and tinderbox if I'm not mistaken.

It was fun. And became even more fun when a week later I finally got the nerve to venture past Lumbridge's gates and onward to find Varrok.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

My first day is slightly blurry. All I really remember is misspelling the name of my character and having to make a new one

lol i did that too but i found out my mistake i walk into wild with my stuff and got killed by a rat lol my history is too long if u want to see it check out the thread "(*.*)Youre Rsc Memories.." in rsc general at runescape.com

Dragon drops - 2

visage drops- 1

barrow drops - 5

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

omg.

i started WAAAY back when.

there was o wilderness, you chose when you started the game, and up to 2 times for as long as you owned the account, if you were PK or non-PK.

there were no certs, not even the nilesand giles ppl.

mith, when it cam out kicked all. it was sooo sought after.

(addy made everyone go INSANE)

rune, there was no stopping the prices from going up. if you could get a full set of rune, you were the richest person in the world.

drops: p-hats, i remember. what a day. easter eggs were all the rage once upon a time. masks, everyone had, but still, they went up in price. santas went for 10k that night, and then skyrocketed. bunnyears were fun!

drop partys, when the rich people first became philanthropists... and you had to get invited to go to a "real" drop party, and then the telegrab noobs would spoil everything.

there was no tutorial island, you just wandered from lummy, and boy, did i wander. and then i got stuck in fally begging for a shield for like 3 weeks, sitting in that kite shop. :lol:

no runecrafting - the only runes to be had were the mere basics... no laws, no chaos, just mind, body, fire, water, air, earth. and when they came out with nats and chaos and lawss, the market just exploded. everyone spent their entire lives at the darkwizards around the delrith stonehenge, racking up so much money from the richies world-jumping for people to buy runes from.

when there was a reason besides delrith to use silverlight-- you always brought a rune baxe AND silverlight with you to lessers on karamja. you hit the demon once with silverlight, then immediately switch to you baxe. this went for EVERYONE, including the highest levels.

when there was no "quest" requirements to wear anything: you own it, you wear it. dragon slayer did away with that.

when people did quests because they wanted to, not because they had to for some item or rather.

when falador was THE most west you could go.

when black robes came out-- EVERYONE had to own like 10 sets.

when there was no mage for changing your appearance for 5k.

when everyone in the entire runescape went nuts over prayer: everyones setup was a r2h, a rune full, and tan priest robes.

when black was kick-arse.

when there was never a hint of rumor of a members runescape, it was all free, and carefree as well. then, rumors started spreading. my favorite? a runescape gameboy advance game :wink:

when ranging, you could steal anyones kill. anyones.

when noone cared about "better graphics"-- its about the love of the game. and jagex just let theyre tried and true graphics shine proudly.

• 1 month later...
lol......making new accounts to get 10 arrows off them.

Lol, wow that's amusing.

I made new accounts and did the black night quest to get the 2.5k in order to get the 40k for the addy plate. Literally the day I got 39k I was walking to sell my mith plate and was mere minites away from full addy and having the best armor and weapons in the game when I had to log off for an update. Rune was introduced! :x I was pissed but whent to Champ's guild anyway and found 300 people next to the Rune seller, all were waiting for the shop to respawn anything rune. I bought an addy plate for 29k right there and was pleased with my full addy but over the next days more and more shiny rune appeared. Some guy traded his rune chain for my addy plate to this day I don't know why, thought it was a scam at the time. Then I bought a rune med and slowly aquired a rune long and legs by robbing the lava maze's steel plates and earth staff respawn :D

The day I bought the rune long 50/50 was one of the happiest of my RS life. Upgraded from my year old addy battle which was like 30/32. Had that one for a year until I forked over the 650k for the rune battle

Good times.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

RS ruins lives of so many young kids. quit playing that game its bad for ur social ralationship. u get to be an outcast and lose friends and argue with ur parents because u want to play runescape more and more and more. quit that crap and get outside or start playing sports and if u can then send message to andrew to go suck on a pipe.

just something i always wanted to say after i realized how stupid this game is and how stupid they ppl r who pay for it.

I agree with you icyking but this isn't exactly a good place to post that. Ignoring the obvious off-topicness, most of the people here are reminising about the past, meaning they don't really play anymore. Posting that here is like walking into a nursing home filled with old people and yelling "Hey, all you teenagers here, go to college!!" Lol.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

In the begining, i would walk around and pick up anything I saw, not limited to burnt meat and jugs. I got lost in the varrock ally as well, don't ask lol. Soon after, I had my mix and match bronze and iron attire, and somehow felt rediculously accomplished.

A few months later, after getting bored of mining and smithing, I finally found a hole in the system. I would buy coal from people in Barbarian village for 100 per, bank it, cert it, and then sell it for 1k a cert. I did that until I had 50 k, and bought my first blue party hat for 50k!! (Which I still have, lol... )

Then there were the days of pking, I remember Kappa02 as the first black pure, and he pretty much wrecked everyone. The castle was always swamped with people in every world, and everyone but him wore rune.

I bought my first rune 2h for 500 limp roots from shacoya, in her quest to be the best herblawist. That took a good amount of time, but getting a 2h was probably my biggest accomplishment looking back.

And yes, the release of the KBD. Haha... People would fall by the 10's pushing up against the lever wall as one or two level 100's would kill one after another, what a good time.

Looking back, i'd have to agree with icy, runescape pretty much ruined most of my highschool life lol. I still can't believe I could sit that long in front of a computer just clicking...and clicking...and clicking. It really was addicting wasn't it? But wow, it was a good time. It's probably a good thing that they killed classic, or I may have came back to it. My advice to any of you...get out while you still can!

Well im done rambling, g'night.

My friend needed some blurite ore for the Knight's Sword quest, so he called upon me and my clan friends (The Leprechauns lol...we were all done up the same way via the Makeover Mage) and we followed him into the ice caves, then *zoom* we all fanned out around him to protect him. It was a truly awesome sight to behold.

I remember getting into the mining guild and every mining level thereafter was like: OMG!

My first rune item: rune legs cost me tonnes! Then I went and got poisoned at brimhaven to some natives and died and lost them =(

Many, MANY more great memories!

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

I remember when my brother told me about it and I was like, sounds cool. I started well before any tutorial and started playing for about 3 hrs just looking around and dieing many times. I learned lumby very well. Then since back then you couldn't see other people lvls back then I ran around telling the newer people to run away before I killed them with my mighty magic, which I didn't really know how to do. I still rememebr this one picture of a noodle artwork of this one guys character on the main page of runescape. Good ol' memories. Still miss all the mayhem and confusion I was in and caused. Oh yea and the first r2h i got like 3 years later. Cost me about 150k, and that was street price lol. Anyways I won't go on about how much fun I had. Ya I moved on to RS2 now. Still respect all the RSC players.

Newausome.png

WishList:Always wanted my purple phat back.

A LIVESTRONG SUPPORTER- SEMPER-FI!!

Hater of all scammer.

first 1k (picked up at edge guards)

first set of rune (given to me buy a guy who was quitting rs was worth 500k then)

all my old friends and when my other friend played rs

explain how rune full ever costed 500k.

Rune large might of been in the 200k's at early times, rune chain/body could later on get from oziach/champs guild. Legs 64k.

I remember when I started you could still choose to be a mage, archer or a knight and you started with some equipment concerning your choice. Made my actual first main at the body-less bug where you could only see your heads, so my first actual main was female. Remember getting an iron plate from Ppt and I was so glad about it I always spoke to him as sir etc (was at the age of 12 or 13 back then) and joined his guild The Falador Kings (might not be the correct name). Stayed up late in weekends chatting and training with guildmembers, left the guild later to join a friends guild, Capefear, cant remember the guilds name. I and Pesty Boy became sub-leaders, at the end Pesty Boy screwed up the clan site and Capefear blamed me, I never forgave what he did, he slandered my name and we quitted talking like we really did alot. And I believe he now quitted the game. Then later talked with Pesty Boy and he joined the monks so I followed him into it, met Matt258 who is now a real special person in the runescape community as I believe, we also lost contact but we still sometimes speak on MSN. Pretty much the memories I remember good, when Runescape was still a game to be proud of being part of.

remember when ghost town had ghosts and ruins (edgeville now)

remember when messiahs pking noobs in varrock

remember when addy battleaxes was added and every ppl trrying to buy them from npc.

remember when mules and drop trading was allowed.

remember when varrock had only one bank and you could only deposit coins.

remember when pie was best food and highest level crafters levelling up making pie dishes.

remember when there was gem rock to mine in dwarven mines

remember when silver ore looked exactly same as uncut diamond

remember when it was funny to drop skulls in lumby and watch how someone picked it up and skeleton appeared to kill noobs around.