Theory about Grandmaster Quest

Hippodo

I don't know if this topic is too similar to other topics, or is useless and has no discussion value, but tbh, I don't even care. I just want to vent my thought and theories and like to hear yours.

Today I played a bit of Great Orb Project, and noticed something: there was a lot of annoyance because of glitches. People sometimes couldn't move, couldn't reach some areas and/or couldn't walk via certain routes. And okay, glitches happen, but during the game a thought formed in my mind: maybe this has something to do with updates ready to happen here. Like the places you can't stand on are already partially programmed to contain something else than a floor (Maybe this can't be true or something, I have no knowledge of such things).

So then I got to thinking, what update? And then the Grandmaster Quest came in the picture. Wizard Elriss of the Runecrafting Guild revealed that she is busy calculating the exact place of the 'Eye of Saradomin', with info gathered from the traffic of GOPers through the portals. The Eye is believed to be another name for the Stone of Jas, a legendary divine relic Guthix used to create runes and Magic. And the Stone has some links with Lucien, the Mahjarrat. This evil magician is trying to find the Stone of Jas, and even employed a couple of treasurehunters to help in the search. Many hints in the game and on the site indicate that the new grandmaster Quest will revolve around Lucien's search for the Stone and his theft of the Staff of Armadyl. This is the weapon of the god Armadyl, and artifact Lucien tries to steal in the Temple of Ikov Quest. You can help Lucien and steal it, or you can side with the good guys and kill him (although he won't be dead).

So what I'm saying is, maybe Jagex is already tinkering with the Great Orb Project, because it will be used in the Grandmaster Quest to find the Stone of Jas!

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

I think you are correct in thinking the Grandmaster quest (dealing with Lucien, the Staff of Armadyl and the Stone of Jas) will deal with The Great Orb Project; all though I'm not sure it's what is causing any glitches.

But ya, The Great Orb Project will defiantly deal with the Grandmaster quest.

If you haven't all ready, check out a thread written on the RSOF by 5spirit5, called "the godwars". it displays very well thought of theories and facts <-- check it out

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I think it'd be awesome if you had to choose good/evil (giving the Staff of Armadyl to the person) and it changed the way all your future quests and future updates.

they could that, as they already did it on a smaller scale with the arrav storyline. but it probably won't change big parts of the quests, maybe just the beginning and ending, so it will only have an impact on the storyline.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

I think it'd be awesome if you had to choose good/evil (giving the Staff of Armadyl to the person) and it changed the way all your future quests and future updates.

That would take a lot of work to do effectively (on a large scale).

And Stealing Creation also has something to do with the quest, I believe. In short, The mystics are using the clay to make bodies for the ones they worship. They worship the revanents in the wilderness, who are the dead bodies from the GodWars that still fight on. They are making armies.

Like that guy, Wizard Korvak?

We still don't know where he went or what he did to become so insane... Maybe the truth will be uncovered in the Grandmaster quest! :thumbsup:

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

It would be awesome, yet so hard to do considering you'd only get half the storyline.

For example, if you fought as an American Soldier during WW2, you would only know the one side of the story, you wouldn't know the struggles of German Soldiers because you weren't on that side. On top of that, propaganda on both sides curve the story to sound better for each side. This is the problem on people telling history like it was, biased people always slant the story a little different until the story is no longer true.

On Topic, I haven't read the whole story about the Great Orb Project, but I'm sure Jagex isn't releasing this huge update all at one time. They are probably programming underneath so they can get the tiles in for a shorter load wait on release day.

Some questions for people who know RS history:

What is Juna guarding?

What special powers does the Stone of Jas/The Eye of Saradomin and the Staff or Armadyl have?

What does the Dragonkin Area at Baxtorian Falls have to do with this Quest if anything?

What special powers does the Stone of Jas/The Eye of Saradomin and the Staff or Armadyl have?

The Staff of Armadyl has already been described (by Jagex) as "the most powerful weapon" so strong it turned a mere mortal into a God (Zamorak).

We still don't know where he went or what he did to become so insane... Maybe the truth will be uncovered in the Grandmaster quest! :thumbsup:

...Wasn't Korvak driven insane because he was told to go the Abyss to spy on the Zamorakian Disciple there and find out who it was that spilled the secret of rune essence to the Zamorakians (anyone who unlocked the abyss). Or was driven insane by whatever he saw in the abyss? And because it was the Disciple he spyed on, thats why he is able to repair pouches? Ordered/forced in there by the mages in the Wizard's tower, wasn't he?

ny_lucario.png

I'm thinking that the Grandmaster quest will have much to do with the Mahjarrat and the Dragonkin. As well it may involve the Temple Knights as well to have the artifacts such as the Armadyl staff or the Stone of Jas to hold onto it for "safe keeping." as they'd say. Personally, I agree with Bob the Cat in that the Temple Knights are not to be trusted for they are not as good as they let on.

captain_poet.png

Judging by the new banner, what i concieve from it is that Lucien, has somehow gotten his hands on the stone of jas, and he plans to combine it with the staff of armadyl using the dragon kilns to create an unimaginably strong weapon so that he could do whatever he was trying to do (not too good with the lucien story line). You could choose to help him or stop him but i think at the end, the armadyl worriros will convice you to stop him (no matter which side you choose) and you will need to somehow stop him using you skills. I have a strong feeling this quest will need a high agility level :wall:

Thats what i think might be happening...feel free to say so otherwise and give your idea ::'

pixelsigskulltextjopie2gc5.png

[Thank you very much Skull_Emblem For the Beutiful Sig And Jopie for doing the Text]

One thing is for sure: The Grandmaster Quest will involve most, if not all incomplete quest storylines and tie them together.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Alot of good ideas but we will find out this month. This has been one of the quests I actually want to do but I have a feeling I'll be questing before I can do it.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I'm thinking we might even visit Feneskrae too.

And if that's the case...

For anyone that is interested, I did some research regarding the Staff of Armadyl, Stone of Jas, Mahjarrat, Dragonkin and, predominantly, the turmoil lately. Found here.

If you didn't already knew the vast majority of those.

Aside from the Quest itself, I wonder what the rewards might be.

The Staff of Armadyl or Stone of Jas itself are probably out of the question. :(

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I'm thinking we might even visit Feneskrae too.

And if that's the case...

For anyone that is interested, I did some research regarding the Staff of Armadyl, Stone of Jas, Mahjarrat, Dragonkin and, predominantly, the turmoil lately. Found here.

If you didn't already knew the vast majority of those.

Aside from the Quest itself, I wonder what the rewards might be.

The Staff of Armadyl or Stone of Jas itself are probably out of the question. :(

They're almost certainly not a reward from the quest, but at least one will probably be released as a monster drop or something like that. :pray:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Actually I think the banner is from that one Mahjarrat that is controlling Arrav in Defender of Varrock. I hope that the new Grandmaster Quest will be actually good, not the 1 hour quests like what they pump out every month to keep us satisfied.

Actually I think the banner is from that one Mahjarrat that is controlling Arrav in Defender of Varrock. I hope that the new Grandmaster Quest will be actually good, not the 1 hour quests like what they pump out every month to keep us satisfied.

I'll bet you the quest doesn't have an ending (NONE OF THEM DO) they seem to just "lead on" to another quest or act as a "requirement" as another quest.

...Wasn't Korvak driven insane because he was told to go the Abyss to spy on the Zamorakian Disciple there and find out who it was that spilled the secret of rune essence to the Zamorakians (anyone who unlocked the abyss). Or was driven insane by whatever he saw in the abyss? And because it was the Disciple he spyed on, thats why he is able to repair pouches? Ordered/forced in there by the mages in the Wizard's tower, wasn't he?

Yup, thats exactly how it went.

What is Juna guarding?

Well we can say for sure that Juna is guarding the Tears of Guthix, a source of some power. But the Oracle said that 'Juna is guarding more than she knows', which implies that there is more happening there. Evidence for this is the fact that Movario and Darve, two treasure hunters employed by Lucien, are searching beneath Lumbridge for a strong magical artefact (believed to be the Stone of Jas). So maybe Juna is guarding the Stone too.

The Staff of Armadyl probably serves as a conductor or amplifier for Magic, so mages like Lucien are very keen on having it. Besides that it also is a nice melee weapon, but far less powerful than the spells you could conjure with it. Evidence says that the Stone/Eye is an ancient magical artefact, used by Guthix to create runes, life, altars, rune essence and probably Magic. The Stone was created by the Elder God Jas, a god even more powerful than Guthix. Guthix knows about the Elder Gods, but they've all left this plane and moved on.

What does the Dragonkin Area at Baxtorian Falls have to do with this Quest if anything?

Jagex implied in the Behind the Scenes that the 'dragon forge' will feature in the Grandmaster Quest. This Forge is believed to be the forge recently discovered in the Ancient Cavern.

sighistorian.jpg

People at GOP also reveal that some of them are busy researching arcane secrets.

I hope there is a new Arcane spellbook. Already, Jagex has implemented it in Arcanists on FunOrb (Arcane spellbook is one of many). A new spellbook would make this GrandMaster quest..well..grand :)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

The Staff of Armadyl probably serves as a conductor or amplifier for Magic, so mages like Lucien are very keen on having it. Besides that it also is a nice melee weapon, but far less powerful than the spells you could conjure with it. Evidence says that the Stone/Eye is an ancient magical artefact, used by Guthix to create runes, life, altars, rune essence and probably Magic. The Stone was created by the Elder God Jas, a god even more powerful than Guthix. Guthix knows about the Elder Gods, but they've all left this plane and moved on.

Basics of Magics kind of contradicts that:

[hide=Image]Bookofmagic.jpg[/hide]

Apparently, it was brought to the realm by someone with a name starting with a V.

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Apparently, it was brought to the realm by someone with a name starting with a V.

No, you've got that wrong. 'V' was a Fremennik Seer who discovered the Stone of Jas and the Rune Essence Rock. The Stone was instantly removed, as you can read, but V took the Essence and with that the ability for humans to use Magic.

Magic itself, together with all the Runecrafting Altar and Rune Essence Rocks, was created using the Stone of Jas.

sighistorian.jpg

yeh, people assume they no so much in the game that is actually just something someone said that sounded believable

people really need to do their research sometimes

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

No, you've got that wrong. 'V' was a Fremennik Seer who discovered the Stone of Jas and the Rune Essence Rock. The Stone was instantly removed, as you can read, but V took the Essence and with that the ability for humans to use Magic.

Magic itself, together with all the Runecrafting Altar and Rune Essence Rocks, was created using the Stone of Jas.

I'm not contradicting it was used to create runes/runecrafting (as with all the clues, it's basically confirmed).

I'm just wondering whether it was Guthix or 'V' that used it to create all those things. The cutscene in Meeting History suggests Guthix created it (as seen in Jack's cutscene), while Basics of Magic of Lunar Isle suggested 'V' created it.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

I'm not contradicting it was used to create runes/runecrafting (as with all the clues, it's basically confirmed).

I'm just wondering whether it was Guthix or 'V' that used it to create all those things. The cutscene in Meeting History suggests Guthix created it (as seen in Jack's cutscene), while Basics of Magic of Lunar Isle suggested 'V' created it.

Thats what I'm trying to say: Basics of Magic doesn't suggest V created it, the book says that V stumbled upon it, and that was it. V is just a human who found the resources for mortal magic. I don't think any mortal can wield the Stone and create that stuff. And just so you know, V is a human, he isn't some kind of god.

sighistorian.jpg

Rofl if V is voldimort (harry potter) because in the movie harry potter, they arent aloud to say his name or something like that... :lol:

i honestly can't wait, but i think ill have to do some major skilling before i can do this quest.

pixelsigskulltextjopie2gc5.png

[Thank you very much Skull_Emblem For the Beutiful Sig And Jopie for doing the Text]