Dragonkin: After the Rise of Lucien

Psycho_Robot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... I mean, WOW! Great job psycho, this was so good late-nightreading :thumbsup:

All this stuff looks really interesting, and I would really like to see some new updates including this information, I mean... 75% of this I didn't even know!

If I were to give some points to this thread, 10/10 ::' (I loved all pics)

Keep up the good work and expand this thread(if at all possible)

Don_XiliFied.png

31640 to achieve 99 Firemaking on 30/10-09

XiliFied.png

Thanks Zokot for the amazing sig! Visit my Rc-blog and leave a post:)

• 6 months later...

No idea if this thread is still ongoing, but the release of the new castle seems to have links to the Dragonkin. Not only does it look like the castle from "Tale of Two Cats", but the CE newsletter also indicates that "Kith and Kin" will fight. The Kith could be the Fremennik.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

The new castle is not the castle from the cutscene in A Tail of two Cats. That castle can be found north-west of Pyramid Plunder.

Jw,, how do you know this?

The new castle is not the castle from the cutscene in A Tail of two Cats. That castle can be found north-west of Pyramid Plunder.

Jw,, how do you know this?

The castle seen in A Tail of two Cats can be seen north-west of the first room in Pyramid Plunder. You'll need to use your orb of oculus to see it though. The new "castle" (I call it ruins) doesn't look similiar to the castle being shown in A Tail of two Cats at all.

You realize that that is just the cutscene area?

Yeah, being next to Pyramid Plunder is just where the developers put the cutscene area, and is not meant to represent where it is located in the perceived world. We have no idea where it is "supposed" to be.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Wow, never noticed this thread before, and it's quite amazing. I love the lore of this game, so anything that gives a large amount of information about it is something that I love reading. Great job with this, great job.

I haven't read through all 52 pages (in fact, I only read the last page), so I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but I don't know if Tolna's dungeon has anything to do with the Dragonkin. Consider the proximity to Senntisten, one of the largest Zarosian strongholds, leading me to believe that it's something Zarosian, not something related to the dragonkin.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Wow, never noticed this thread before, and it's quite amazing. I love the lore of this game, so anything that gives a large amount of information about it is something that I love reading. Great job with this, great job.

I haven't read through all 52 pages (in fact, I only read the last page), so I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but I don't know if Tolna's dungeon has anything to do with the Dragonkin. Consider the proximity to Senntisten, one of the largest Zarosian strongholds, leading me to believe that it's something Zarosian, not something related to the dragonkin.

Orriginally what I thought, but the Zarosian temple is both not that evil, and inert.

• 5 months later...

SOOOO, this has been REALLY helpful and thanks a lot! But, I was wondering if you could check out my forum: Quest idea for dragonkin. Tell me if you like it, and if maybe it should have more stuff in it, and be harder, or if it coincides with dragonkin lore and history well. Thanks :thumbsup: bye

The Dungeoneering castle will certainly be able to give us some more questions about the Dragonkin.

What were they guarding in this castle? The Stone of Jas? And what does that mean with the ruins more to the north?

Actually, could it be possible both ruins are from the same castle, and that a large portion has sunk beneat the waves?

What else could be below the waves of the Dark Ocean (as I call the ocean north of Morytania and east of the Wilderness)

I'am sure that the end of the Mahjarrat Quests is far off, Mysteries won't be their only questline. That is only one for the Ritual in the North. What about the Stone?

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Not sure if anyone has pointed it out, but 8 points of the star (from KBD postbag) is the symbol of dragonkin.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Wait...you can't train hunter?

You have me interested.

I took a photo of some Dragonkin concept art at Runefest, it's on my Twitter atm but I'll upload it here soon (i'm using my phone to post this)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Just somethings to add, based completely on my own experiences.

The Dragonkin appear to resemble the Skeksies of Jim Henson's the Dark Crystal. They have a similar body shape, minus the feathers, and have the same fear of death.

Their creation of the dragons is to the Old Ones of Warhammer 40ks manipulation of other beings to defend themselves against the Necrons. Most specifically, the Krorks/Orks. The Krork/Ork was intended to be a survival race, capable of outlasting the Old Ones. Similarly, dragons appear to be capable of continuing the Dragonkin legacy due to their ability to reproduce.

And they look like sith lords from star wars, but not any kind of sith lords, those robotic sith lords!

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

I took a photo of some Dragonkin concept art at Runefest, it's on my Twitter atm but I'll upload it here soon (i'm using my phone to post this)

They're probably on Jagex's Facebook. I believe they posted the images from the Runefest gallery there.

They're probably on Jagex's Facebook. I believe they posted the images from the Runefest gallery there.

They werent in the gallery iirc. They were shown during the RS Genesis Insider Session.

• 4 weeks later...

Concept art? Ooooh

Got a link?

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

The Dung castle is on the top of a hill on the island, with no inpression that it goes anywhere else.. So I doubt it is underwater

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Boo me for forgetting to post the concept art. Here it is

1qRV.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Great read. I am a fan of the dragon kin as well and can't wait till they finally make their move.

Just out of curiosity does anyone have any info on wyverns? I think that they are somehow related to the dragons but I don't remember reading anything about them in any of the postbags or lores.

And something i noticed while going over this thread.

I remember reading somewhere that each dragonkin had different colourations, such as black red green, ect. similare to the dragons. And the kbd also mentioned the threat from the north south east and west 4 directions but there are also 4 different types of dragons. So could it be possible that the dragonkin arn't one unified race, but instead seperated into different clans, such as green, red, blue, and black, each with different motives?

And if the kin do indeed have different clans it might explain the dragon riders. In one of the postbags it is mentioned that a dragon would never allow a human onto its back. The ghost also makes a distinction between dragon riders and marahajatt. So, what other race would be powerful enough to force a dragon to do anything? Theres only one. The dragon kin themselves.

We also know that there used to be white dragons before the god wars. (third age range armour is made from white dragon hide) So could it be possible that one of the clans of the dragonkin and their dragons fought in the godwars but were wiped out?

This might explain why the marahajatt sided with zaros over the other gods also. If zaros already had the allegiance of a powerful race wouldn't that have made zaros a more attractive option for the marahajatt. I mean saradomin had the iceyne, bandos had the ourgs, zaros had????

So if a single clan of the kin did fight in the godwars might that explain why the smaller races feared the rest of the dragonkin? Could they have just attacked first thinking that all the kin were the same as the whites.

Just my theory.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!