:::: 99 SKiLLS - THe FaCTS ::::

JaggedFurii

Cooking and Fletching are jokes.

jokes? how can u call them a joke if u dont have any of them 99.

personally i think that every 99 is a great achievement so no 99 can be rated nooby or not, however some 99s r harder to achieve then others. And i agree that the buyable skills r still hard because 1) u need money 2) u still need to click alot.

My guess is that he'd rather spend his time on something more fun/useful.

There are more factors to a skill than just money. Time, as an example, isn't something everyone has enough of to be able to get loads of 99's.

2dvjurb.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think how easy a skill is dosent depends on the cash spended but on the cash/time spended.

Like slayer it takes food, potions, armor, weapon + req a lot of time.

Also rcing you must buy around 1m P ess(140m in cash) + req a lot of time so rcing is considered the hardest.

meanwhile firemaking you buy Maples or willows(2m-4m)+ around 1 month.

Cooking 100k lobsters (30m but the easiest method is buying and resell making i around 5m wasted) + 2 weeks.

Currently working on 62 farming for the new quest!!

I love quest.

96/99 att

82/99 slayer

or do what i do. quest. the quest cape is arguably the hardest cape if you think about it in the sence that if you rate the dificulty of 99's with fletch and cooking at "1/10" and rc at "10/10" questing is at "infinity/10". why? becasue at this point in time the quest cape is the only one in which you must continue to work for, and it is infinatly dificult because there is no limit to how many more quests JaGex could add.

ps. and dont get all technical on me with the fact that there currently is a technological limit on how many could be put into the game before java couldn't handle it because even at that java can and will continue to be upgraded.

Y_Z.png

or do what i do. quest. the quest cape is arguably the hardest cape if you think about it in the sence that if you rate the dificulty of 99's with fletch and cooking at "1/10" and rc at "10/10" questing is at "infinity/10". why? becasue at this point in time the quest cape is the only one in which you must continue to work for, and it is infinatly dificult because there is no limit to how many more quests JaGex could add.

ps. and dont get all technical on me with the fact that there currently is a technological limit on how many could be put into the game before java couldn't handle it because even at that java can and will continue to be upgraded.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

You rock

Currently working on 62 farming for the new quest!!

I love quest.

96/99 att

82/99 slayer

--all comments I make a from a f2p low level perspective--

I think people are getting the right ideas..

the ease of levelling in each specific skill has the equation:

difficulty = ([time] x [money] x [work or clicks required]) / [rewards/usefulness/enjoyment of the skill]

(please remember this equation is just an example and isnt refined)

--For example: a useful skill that makes alot of money won't be too difficult to level, because people will be enjoying and looking forward to getting a high level in that particular skill. Enjoying the skill shortens the time taken in the player's perspective. So time taken will be shorter as well. That skill may be ... rune crafting. At level 92, runecrafting nature runes is increased to 2x nats per ess.

From that point on, a person will be on the gravy train, either

-gaining huge amounts of exp by people running nature runes for him,

-gaining huge amounts of money abyss runecrafting, earning 4x the amount of the ess he bought (assuming pure ess is 150gp each and natures are 300gp each).

--(short time (player's perspective) x low money x lots of work) / (high reward) = low difficulty

--Another example: Firemaking/fletching. Usefulness is pretty low, since fletching doesn't make as much money as it used to, and firemaking is just a a cheaper path to a skillcape. ( I mean, you can't earn money by burning magic logs and collecting their magic ashes. lol.) Therefore, low usefulness will bore the player since there's not much to look forward to. Boredom = lengthening of time in the player's perspective. So time taken is longer. Money will be lost and not gainable for firemaking and maybe fletching. So money will be higher than runecrafting. Work and clicks might be low (high for firemakinig), but the rewards will be low as well. A skillcape, maybe unlocking some quests, and maybe being able to make some money fletching magic longbows and arrows for people doing the lost city quest on Entrana Island.

--for firemaking = (long time x higher cost x lots of work) / (low reward) = higher difficulty

--for fletching = (med/long time x higher cost x less work (since the fletch x was introduced)) / (low reward) = high difficulty, but lower than firemaking.

You must remember time is taken from the player's perspective of enjoyment

Money is the amount earnt in the process of levelling, take away the cost of materials (profit)

Work, or clicks is how hard you have to work to level. Running through the wilderness doing abyss runecrafting will be higher work, so is clicking each individual log to light them.

usefulness and reward is how good the reward is once you reach a high level.

please correct me if im wrong ^^.

And also forgive my english, I'm english second language ;)

Fae_Rasachi.png

oh, sigs can update by themselves now? ^.^

The OP's first post is full is hypocritical, stereotypical, biased and filled with fallacies. The title claims to thee to be factual, yet he presents in this post that the post is based on opinion.

Much of the content is very misleading. One reason to why Firemaking is a skill was simply that in early RuneScape Classic, only one range existed, in Lumbridge. Firemaking is now nearly useless for practical cooking in both F2P and P2P. So, yes, in my opinion, Firemaking is the most useless, impractical, and outdated skill in RuneScape.

If Firemaking was removed from the game, who would be angry? The cooks? No, those who burned logs to get 99 Firemaking would. (Maybe those who cut Maple logs, and those who place their workers on maples in MTK.)

Based on your logic, Fishing and Mining would be simple as well, but Woodcutting, Fishing, and Mining all take dedication. Woodcutting, fishing, and mining each would take hundreds of more hours leveling to 99 than it would take earning money from scratch, buying , and then burning logs required for 99 Firemaking, hence it is less "respected".

songokusigtif.png

Cooking and Fletching are jokes.

jokes? how can u call them a joke if u dont have any of them 99.

personally i think that every 99 is a great achievement so no 99 can be rated nooby or not, however some 99s r harder to achieve then others. And i agree that the buyable skills r still hard because 1) u need money 2) u still need to click alot.

My guess is that he'd rather spend his time on something more fun/useful.

Exactly. I'd rather spend the one week it takes to get 99 cook doing something more productive. I've said this before and I'll say it again, go get the ingredients needed for an orange dye, use it on a normal cape and congratulations, you did more work than it would take to get a 99 cooking cape.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

FIREMAKING, COOKING AND FLETCHING ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST SKILLS!

In fact, Woodchopping, Mining, Hunter, Combat, (including forms or Ranged and Magic) Runecrafting, Fishing, and Theiving gain you money, thus placing them cheapest.

You're correct, they aren't the cheapest, but of the buyable/fast xp skills they're the cheapest. Not to mention the three mentioned skills are the cheapest:speed ratio skills in game.

FIREMAKING IS THE WORST AND MOST POINTLESS SKILL - REALLY?

Without Firemaking, few people would cook near the Exchnage, therefore few people cook, less food, less food means people training any form of combat will pay more money for cooked food and if food became so scarce, people might quit. This wouldn't happen, but that's an example.

No one cooks at the exchange...

I personally have 99 Firemaking, because I wanted 99 Mining, but decided to go for something a little easier. I didn't love the skill. But I didn't hate it.
This statement just makes me [bleep]ing rage, you wanted 99 mining so you went for 99 firemaking? 1) you're a [developmentally delayed] 2) why is this relavent?
Here's a fact I've researched:

TWICE AS MANY PEOPLE HAVE 99 WOODCHOPPING THAN FIREMAKING! Bet you didn't know that?

And why is this? Let's see. Clicking a tree and watching T.V is SOOOO much easier than clicking two things for every individual log to burn.

Yes firemaking is much more clicking, but it's 4 times faster doing the slowest way (maples) compared to the 2nd fastest way of wcing (willows at barb assault). In all that extra time you save to 99, you can go watch tv ;). As to the twice as many people having 99 wcing, people have been getting 99 wcing since day one in classic, it's a useful skill. Firemaking has gone from one of the rarest 99's to one of the top 3 easiest since skill capes came out. It's so damn easy it gains people w/ 99 everyday.

And no, 99 Firemaking is NOT easier than 99 Cooking. If your smart, Cooking is cheaper than Firemaking and Cooking requires a few clicks to cook a whole bag. Firemaking yet I say again, requires two clicks for every log.
We know, dumb [wagon].

CONCLUSION

I deem Woodchopping the cheapest, easiest and best skill to train. You click and wait, gain money or logs and afterwards can burn the logs for 99 Firemaking OR fletch the logs for 99 Fletching OR sell the logs for millions of gp OR ust do it for the skillcape.

In order of convenience for anyone wanting a 99 skill. The easiest to hardest I think are:

REMEMBER, I MEAN """""EASIEST"""" AND IF SAME, BY MONEY

Woodchopping

Fletching

Cooking

Theiving

Firemaking

Hunter

Attack, Strength, Defence -------> WITH SLAYER -----> ALL

Ranged--------------------------> AND HITPOINTS ---> OF 'EM

Magic----------------------------> AND SUMMONING -> MIXED

Crafting

Fishing

Mining

Smithing

I'M NOT SO SURE HERE AND THE LIST IS NOT PERFECT "MY OPINIONS ONLY!"

Woodchopping, and noob can get it and then people will jsut go wow, even though there's lots more people with W'C than F'M.

My game name is "Jagged Furii" my private chat is nearly always set to "Friends" and I have disabled my chat.

Post please, I would like feedback, If I have messed up somewhere, tell me and remember I say thanks, I wish for no misleading content here.

Thankyou,

Jagged Furii :D

Horrible conclusion... horrible topic.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

FIREMAKING, COOKING AND FLETCHING ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST SKILLS!

In fact, Woodchopping, Mining, Hunter, Combat, (including forms or Ranged and Magic) Runecrafting, Fishing, and Theiving gain you money, thus placing them cheapest.

I don't know if you realized this, but you can make money with cooking and fletching too. Even firemaking...haven't you heard of Shades of Mort'ton? :ugeek:

FIREMAKING IS THE WORST AND MOST POINTLESS SKILL - REALLY?

Without Firemaking, few people would cook near the Exchnage, therefore few people cook, less food, less food means people training any form of combat will pay more money for cooked food and if food became so scarce, people might quit. This wouldn't happen, but that's an example.

That's a stupid example, because 99 fm doesn't matter in the least--you'll burn logs just as effectively at level 20. And if the skill didn't exist, then you just wouldn't need a level to light logs.

And no, 99 Firemaking is NOT easier than 99 Cooking. If your smart, Cooking is cheaper than Firemaking and Cooking requires a few clicks to cook a whole bag. Firemaking yet I say again, requires two clicks for every log.

Nobody says firemaking is easier than cooking.

CONCLUSION

I deem Woodchopping the cheapest, easiest and best skill to train. You click and wait, gain money or logs and afterwards can burn the logs for 99 Firemaking OR fletch the logs for 99 Fletching OR sell the logs for millions of gp OR ust do it for the skillcape.

You can make more money with cooking than with woodcutting. In fact, you can make more money buying bananas from the charter traders in Catherby than you can make cutting magic logs at 99 woodcutting with a dragon axe, so woodcutting is actually rather useless. :thumbdown:

CONCLUSION

In order of convenience for anyone wanting a 99 skill. The easiest to hardest I think are:

REMEMBER, I MEAN """""EASIEST"""" AND IF SAME, BY MONEY

Woodchopping

Fletching

Cooking

Theiving

Firemaking

Hunter

Attack, Strength, Defence -------> WITH SLAYER -----> ALL

Ranged--------------------------> AND HITPOINTS ---> OF 'EM

Magic----------------------------> AND SUMMONING -> MIXED

Crafting

Fishing

Mining

Smithing

I'M NOT SO SURE HERE AND THE LIST IS NOT PERFECT "MY OPINIONS ONLY!"

Your opinions are wrong. Do you not notice that you ranked woodcutting at the top, but fishing on the bottom? I don't know if you realize this, but you train them exactly the same way. And you thought slayer and summoning were the same as ranged and magic? Dude, no, that's just not true. :shame:

Exactly. I'd rather spend the one week it takes to get 99 cook doing something more productive. I've said this before and I'll say it again, go get the ingredients needed for an orange dye, use it on a normal cape and congratulations, you did more work than it would take to get a 99 cooking cape.

If you think that, then you need to stop being stupid, because stupidity is an unfortunate choice of lifestyle. Cooking is a far more effective moneymaker than most other skills, and even at its fastest it takes more than 30 hours of training and over 25m gp, which for most people is more than 60 hours of moneymaking. Don't be a n00b. :shame:

--all comments I make a from a f2p low level perspective--

I think people are getting the right ideas..

the ease of levelling in each specific skill has the equation:

difficulty = ([time] x [money] x [work or clicks required]) / [rewards/usefulness/enjoyment of the skill]

(please remember this equation is just an example and isnt refined)

--For example: a useful skill that makes alot of money won't be too difficult to level, because people will be enjoying and looking forward to getting a high level in that particular skill. Enjoying the skill shortens the time taken in the player's perspective. So time taken will be shorter as well. That skill may be ... rune crafting. At level 92, runecrafting nature runes is increased to 2x nats per ess.

From that point on, a person will be on the gravy train, either

-gaining huge amounts of exp by people running nature runes for him,

-gaining huge amounts of money abyss runecrafting, earning 4x the amount of the ess he bought (assuming pure ess is 150gp each and natures are 300gp each).

--(short time (player's perspective) x low money x lots of work) / (high reward) = low difficulty

You're on the right track, and I'd agree with you, except that time and money can be combined and that usefulness doesn't really have much to do with difficulty. (If it motivates you, then that's already factored into enjoyment.) :thumbup:

I was rather disappointed after seeing the title to find a mostly nonsensical rant.

Without Firemaking, few people would cook near the Exchnage,

Most P2P'ers cook at the Rouge's Den and some at Catherby; I rarely see anyone doing extensive cooking at the GE.

therefore few people cook, less food, less food means people training any form of combat will pay more money for cooked food and if food became so scarce, people might quit. This wouldn't happen, but that's an example.

This wouldn't happen, but that's an example.

What is that an example of? An attempt to prove your point by showing an example of a situation you admit would never happen?

I think that if Fletching wasn't around, there would be less bows and less arrows which means that people training Ranged will have to pay more for their supplies and then people would start rioting and Jagex would have to ban millions of players thus resulting in huge financial losses forcing them to close down Runescape. This wouldn't happen but I'm just using it as an example to show that Fletching is the most important skill in the game.

I won't even comment on the rest as it is not worth the time. The part I did comment on was just too illogical to ignore :roll:

pphat.png

Still accepting donations to my Partyhat Acquisition for PaperHat's Increased Wealth And To Benefit Underprivileged Youths Charity

Has nobody done a list on each an every skill, getting it to 99?

Expensive way (EG: Super setting at Bandits for 99 str/Chins to 99 range)

Time;

Cost;

Explanation

Cheap/Average way (Training str around the world casualy/Knifes to 99 range)

Time;

Cost;

Explanation;

I'm not telling anybody to do it (Unless there is a thread on it somewhere = Link please), but it would be an interesting read and stop all these my cape is better than yours threads comments.

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

Most of those who have answer and disagree with him didnt notice the fact thats he is f2p and played for less then a year. He is unexperienced and does not know what he is talking about. and you should never judge something you have never tried.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

i know many people have been saying people don't cook at ge, but i've been f2p for a few months now, and everytime i visit the ge there are people cooking on fires there. He has a point, although admittedly it isn't as extreme as he made out.

God_of_skils.png

God_Of_Skils.png

99 cooking achieved 15/07/2007

99 hunting achieved 19/12/2007

99 firemaking achieved 29/11/2008

Sorry, I stopped reading after page one.. but this is clearly just justifications for you to appreciate x skill over x skill. The exact thing you seem to dislike, but are trying to prove to people anyway.

Have fun.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

i like the "rc/mining/woodCHOP etc. is cheaper than fm/fletch/cook."

gathering skills make you money...so u cant classify them as "cheaper", since you arent spending any money to begin with on them.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Why is fishing more difficult than woodcutting? If you are going for fast exp in WC than you are probably doing willows which really doesn't let you afk that much. Fishing is basically the same. I don't the best fishing spots/exp per hour but it can't be THAT much worse than willows.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Some of the logic shown by Runescape players (ok, people in general) is astounding. Consider that you have kids RANT that a 30 million gp piece of armor does not have better stats, never thinking that it's 30 million in eyes of the players and not the game.

Like they say above, time and effort translates into gp. If spending 100k gp nets you 100k xp 30 minutes faster, that's a good bargain as most mid to high level players can make that up in 10 minutes (for you math geniuses, that's 20 minutes saved).

The true cost of skill is equated by:

Time - how many xp can you get in an hour. This varies depending on your training method.

Effort - how much concentration and clicks you have to invest. Cooking is 5 clicks every 90 seconds. Mining is almost 20 clicks a minute (if you're not doing pure essence).

GP - how much you spend to advance a skill. It does not matter if you gather the material yourself. If you could have sold it, then it's factored in the cost. If it makes you cash (collection skills), then it a positive aspect.

Fun - how much do you enjoy doing that skill. There's no way to guage this. Plus, using the "relaxing" qualifies as I found farming a relaxing skill. Something that's "fun" can over ride all the above.

I'm sure I'm missing some things, but the above determine what's the most "expensive" skill to train. Firemaking, thanks to that annoying 2 clicks to advance (plus banking, meaning you're always running 3 screens away) means it's a simple but expensive in time, effort, cost and is just not fun.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

You point out that mining, rc, ect are the cheapest skills to train, but they take so long to level that its not worth it. No one in they're right mind would call 99 mining easy just because you don't have to buy stuff. 99 fm is much faster, so it is therefore easier, and it attracts those who want a 99 but don't really care if they like that skill or not. There are people who enjoy firemaking, but most go for it just because it is a "fast" and relatively cheap 99 to get. By the way, stop calling it "woodchopping" it sounds dumb... -.-

ae84735921.png

Porsche: It's supposed to go in the rear.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting question - "Why'd you get 99 Firemaking?"

At my school, people were getting higher and higher stats, close to 99, before the great race started for the first 99. Many were already in the 90-95 range, one was 96, but he quit at the start of it.

I needed a skill to train to 99 to win the race, as my highest was around 70. I didn't know too much and just started Firemaking. I found out (or tried to) the facts written above (sorry they arn't all correct, thanks for your corrections).

And I won the first to 99, beating two mates who had 98 Cooking by a day, and two days after the two got 99 Cooking, one got 99 Woodchopping and one 99 Fletching.

It was a great race and I had fun competing. Playing online with friends is fun :D

Umm, I call it Woodchopping, because as you can see, I am a gramtically correct guy. Spelling like this online has enabled me to get 71wpm (65wpm being my average) on the computer. Thanks guys.

Jagged