ok so basicly i dont like farmin a hole lot lol

AlexDT

And from what I've gathered, this implies that I am of inferior intelligence to those that do. In fact, I am yet to meet a high-leveled (say, 80+) farmer who didn't seem to think that, because I happen to dislike growing crops, my patience, and indeed IQ, must certainly be lower than aforementioned arrogant agriculturist (oh dear).

The most common argument is that I'm ignorant to the benefits of farming - monetary gain, total levels... Er, um... Use of Spirit trees... When of course this all pales into insignificance because I don't enjoy training the skill. "But this must mean that your patience is also inferior! How could anyone dislike such a vibrant, scintillating skill, one that I have all but mastered in my quest to own that sublime green cape!", I hear you shriek. Well, the cape does look quite cool. No arguments there. But my rebuttal to that is in the form of the satire in which I presented your argument, dear reader. What if I don't like it because I find the disease system aggravating? Yes, I know the net gain will almost always be positive, but I still don't see why such low-leveled crops can become diseased. Bows don't randomly splinter, do they? Or perhaps I simply dislike the way in which my character's head twitches when I reach to pick herbs (why the heck is it animated like that? I can put my arm forward without tilting my noggin, JaGex).

I am by no means trying to say that farming is boring or useless. I can see why people train it; it most certainly has its uses. But could you love it in peace? Get a metaphorical room, perhaps, and stop yelling at me when I tell you its new hairstyle looks sort of lopsided. I have a right to despise dwellberries, to loathe lantadymes, and most importantly, to scowl at snapdragons and the gp/hr they pull in.

That is all.

When I saw the title I thought it would be one long sentence full of spelling and grammar mistakes :D but its actually put together really well unlike most of the other rants.

I agree its stupid for people to infer that you have a low level of intelligence just because you don't enjoy a skill that they do, especially when you aren't denying the fact that its a pretty profitable skill and has its advantages.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

You dont even need to be patient to farm, you just need a nice transportation method(e.g. PoH portals and an ectophial for the canafis patch), super compost (15 pineapples from brimhaven, then dump them in the compost bin north of ardy) and some ranarr/snapdragon seeds.

Go plant the seeds, then you've got 75min of doing whatever you like: training, mini-games, or even other means of making money, e.g. killing ankous = combat exp + money (that's ALOT of cash after 75 minutes, I can get ~240k a cycle and if I do 4 cycles a day, that's roughly a 1000k in 5 hours, which is equivilant to 200k an hour + a LOAD of exp). That's 30mil in a month, easy, if your commited. (not to meantion 350k (with snapdragons) farming exp and 6000k(!!!) combat exp)

Actually planting/harvesting the seeds from the 4 patches takes what? 5-10 minutes?

farming is totally worth it, fair enough if you have a hard time getting around quickly, but not using super compost and complaining about disease is just sheer laziness, because it doesn't take very long to prepare at all, nor is it hard, especially if you do it while your herbs are growing.

When I said impatient I shouldve added lazy too.

Back in the day I didnt like leveling farming, because I was trying to get melee/slayer/range up. The only reason I got farming to like 15 was cause it was something to do while alching. I did this at one patch at a time.

Even if someone uses a good teleportation trick-like thing, farming still is slow

I dont need a siggy no moar.

A very well written rant :D

Personally I enjoy farming, but don't have the time for it.

I do see what you mean however, many of my friends have become obsessed with Snapdragon farming, and question why I don't follow the trend. ::'

I enjoy it too, but not to training extent. i i see a quest reward though i'll get it. its quite enjoyable (to me anyway) when your bored or just talking to mates, but no one has a right to tell you to train a certain stat. Except Defence, you need MOAR Defence!! [/joke] ::'

Popoto.~<3

I do see what you mean however, many of my friends have become obsessed with Snapdragon farming, and question why I don't follow the trend. ::'

It's not a trend,

It's pretty much just a clique.

Just like slayer.

It's not a trend,

It's pretty much just a clique.

Just like slayer.

No, Slayer is a skill. Snapdragon farming is one aspect of a skill, I'll admit it's more of a clique than a trend. But even so, it's still much like a trend, Mr. Pedantic :)

*Wiktionaries Pedantic*

Nub family guy spamming hard words :|

:roll: :)

Nty.

I rather say Slayer is a clique skill, not just a skill, and farming is a clique skill.

You dont see people running around telling people to craft all the time in Esc now, do you?

It just annoys me how slayer is awesome forever.

And it annoys me how you get flamed for not planting the right herbs.

=.=

First a skill cannot be a clique...

People acting in the same way, promoting a way of training... now that's a clique.

You don't have to train any skill you don't like, but you have to be aware that you are missing out on things. I don't train hunter and I plan on leveling it with tears of guthix even when I'll reach 63 hunter next week because I totally hate the skill and it gives me headaches so I can't train it for more than 30 minutes straight.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I'd just like to say, firstly that this is one of the best written rants I have ever read on this forum, so bravo on that.

I do agree with you however, players seem to make assuptions about the player behind the character by just looking at their stats. If you dont like farming, there is no reason why they should assume you have a low IQ or a poor attention span. Even though farming can be seen as a tedius skill to train, it is actually supprisingly easy for the time you spend actually training it (not including the minigame (the name slips my mind)).

However I do know many high level farmers, and these people do, sometimes judge players on their farming level. This is not as a way to judge intellegence or attention spans, but their dedication to a skill, and supprisingly, how good they are at runescape in general. I have found that players with high level farming tend to be high in most other skills and also combats (with exceptions). And this allows the high level farmers to judge other players, well...this is my personal experience.

Foth.png

Agree.

I hate taking breaks to check on those damn things.

Might make a timer in flash or something that will count down the needed time and then alert me when I need to go collect my items. Would make my life so much easier, and might actually get my farming up.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Awesome rant, I thought it was Stephen Fry laying into farmers for a second there.

I know what you mean though being told what to do and how to do it constantly and then being mocked because you dont follow peoples advice gets tedious fast.

Farming can be an awesome skill if you get involved though.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

First a skill cannot be a clique...

People acting in the same way, promoting a way of training... now that's a clique.

You don't have to train any skill you don't like, but you have to be aware that you are missing out on things. I don't train hunter and I plan on leveling it with tears of guthix even when I'll reach 63 hunter next week because I totally hate the skill and it gives me headaches so I can't train it for more than 30 minutes straight.

Yes.

Slayer and Farming ARE clique skills.

And I hate hunter too.

Stivslasher has a relatively high farming level. Stivslasher does not look down on lower level farmers because he once also had that same level. Stivslasher also rejects the notion of clique skills and prefers to skill and let skill.

You like to talk in 3rd person, don't you?

Stivslasher has a relatively high farming level. Stivslasher does not look down on lower level farmers because he once also had that same level. Stivslasher also rejects the notion of clique skills and prefers to skill and let skill.

You like to talk in 3rd person, don't you?

D Jay99 thought the same thing. D Jay99 also thought Stivslasher is quite intelligent, because farming actually requires some thought and planning and gives nice rewards, unlike, in my opinion, pointless skills like woodcutting that require you to mindlessly hack away at stuff without any real reward.

Well. I don't see how people can't do farming at all. Herbs are, in my opinion, just too good not to do. But, if you don't want to spend money on farming trees, that's not stupid. I do try to convince anyone with under 70 farming that they should start farming though, just because I'm like that and I like to force my opinion onto others.

You there. Start farming now.

2dvjurb.png

I was not aware that Bob Dole played Runescape.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I completely agree with you, Farming is so boring!

I randomly just raked weeds and planted a few potatos trying to figure it out and i got to 22 farming, but i honestly don't get it.....

the boring skill i like is runecrafting, but i find that alot more understandable than farming.

cac29dfe51.png

image.png

Please click and warm up my egg.