Sailing: From Banner to Reality?

Bugmeat

When the banner with the figure standing on a ship many was put on the RuneScape site argued whether or not there be a Sailing ship or if the cape even had a Sailing symbol on it to begin with.

The thought has dawned on me, though, that the current banner on the RuneScape site is obviously Lucien with the staff of Armadyl and one of the previous banners was argued to be a teaser of the dragon platebody both of which were tied with the Grandmaster Quest recently released.

Now I was never a supporter of the Sailing skill to begin with but could there now be more plausibility to it's release if these banners truly are signs of things to come?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was their first ever banner and so was not topical, just a cool RS-type picture for the front page.

They then decided that it would be cool to change the banner every so often for new releases.

THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE A SAILING SKILL.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

there is no sailing skill

but uncooking is coming

look at the evidence! you can already uncook on the bobs island, though properly to stop you easily getting 99 in cooking and uncooking, uncooking costs stupid amounts of money to make at least 50gp per exp another money sink!

look and more proof look what was accidentally released.

uncooking-1.jpg

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

but uncooking is coming

look at the evidence! you can already uncook on the bobs island, though properly to stop you easily getting 99 in cooking and uncooking, uncooking costs stupid amounts of money to make at least 50gp per exp another money sink!

uncooking-1.jpg

XD

Yes, Notepad is difficult to use.

I'm sure you, sir, predicted this like you, the community, predicted Riding who-knows-how-long ago.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Yawn... I really find it hard to believe that banner and a couple of forged pics can really make people believe a sailing skill will be released,

Just goes to show people love to speculate on assumtions based on speculations of theorys about possibilties, and how the vast majority of the Rs community believe 2 + 2 = 5

Also sailing would be an awful skill imo,

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Although the current evidence doesn't look reliable, I wouldn't toss away the idea that sailing could be coming. Jagex has surprised us before.

And I honestly don't see how you people think sailing would be a stupid skill? Think outside the box, it could be more than just taking a boat from port to port. You could own and and personalize your own boat/ship, similar to your POH, and navigate it to convenient locations only available to those with sufficient sailing skills. You could pirate other ships, and engage in vicious sea battles. You could struggle to sail through violent storms and maelstroms. Reach distant lands and resources where you could expand on the current skills of Runescape.

Stupid. As opposed to lighting logs? Making potions? Cutting bows? Chopping wood?

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

Also sailing would be an awful skill imo,

But:

There's nothing like the life of a sailor

Sailing on the briny foam!

With a good stout deck beneath your feet

And a good stout wife at home!

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

How about we call it Seafaring Skill? Maybe that would add a little depth to the skill as a whole. Or Quartermaster, or um...Navigator?...no...um, ..........totally drawing a blank here lol and I was in the Navy for 5 years. #-o

Sailing = Best Idea ever.

I would so go out, make 10m and get it super high with that money.

Also a mod on RSOF said that the cape he was wearing was a combination of two colors previously unused.

So there goes the defence, magic, untrimmed agility theory.

2isfixi.jpg

but uncooking is coming

uncooking-1.jpg

Yes it must have been hard copying the cooking skill and pasting at the bottom. Then erasing the 2 in "21" and putting "un" from "Runecrafting" there... :roll:

And I personally don't think Jagex really gives away anything unless they want to. I don't think they would have released info on a new skill at the same time they were releasing one...

Big_Stingman.png

Well it's time to start "hearing" about new skills about now: almost a year passed since summoning was released.. And a year is about the time they take between skills.

And so far "sailing" is the only (minor, which I don't believe) hint we've gotten..

Problem with "sailing" would be that it would be "something of it's own": if you ask me all ideas about sailing are "plastered' on runescape: they don't tie in very well with the current settings...

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

but uncooking is coming

uncooking-1.jpg

Yes it must have been hard copying the cooking skill and pasting at the bottom. Then erasing the 2 in "21" and putting "un" from "Runecrafting" there... :roll:

And I personally don't think Jagex really gives away anything unless they want to. I don't think they would have released info on a new skill at the same time they were releasing one...

I dont think he got it.

:P

=0

Although the current evidence doesn't look reliable, I wouldn't toss away the idea that sailing could be coming. Jagex has surprised us before.

And I honestly don't see how you people think sailing would be a stupid skill? Think outside the box, it could be more than just taking a boat from port to port. You could own and and personalize your own boat/ship, similar to your POH, and navigate it to convenient locations only available to those with sufficient sailing skills. You could pirate other ships, and engage in vicious sea battles. You could struggle to sail through violent storms and maelstroms. Reach distant lands and resources where you could expand on the current skills of Runescape.

Stupid. As opposed to lighting logs? Making potions? Cutting bows? Chopping wood?

Building it would thus become construction based

Sailing

1 - The skill required to operate and navigate a vessel; navigation.

"Congratulations! You are now level 99-wheel-turning-rope-tying-sail-raising-bucket-bailing!"

Thats cool. A skill about reading the same maps of the same ocean, and turning the wheel to get there.

With FM, Herblor, Fletch, and WC, there are at least different things to do. Different log types. Arrows for fletching, many different potions for herblor, FM, at least there are pyre and tinder-less firemaking.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Don't see why sailing would be such a bad idea.

Can use smithing, crafting, construction to build a boat.

Then plunder other ships, at higher levels you can mount a cannon, and hire more people on your crew....Lol

Sounds more like a minigame to me. But sounds pretty cool.

And how could you train it?

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Building it would thus become construction based

Sailing

1 - The skill required to operate and navigate a vessel; navigation.

"Congratulations! You are now level 99-wheel-turning-rope-tying-sail-raising-bucket-bailing!"

Thats cool. A skill about reading the same maps of the same ocean, and turning the wheel to get there.

With FM, Herblor, Fletch, and WC, there are at least different things to do. Different log types. Arrows for fletching, many different potions for herblor, FM, at least there are pyre and tinder-less firemaking.

Don't take the definition of sailing so literal. Just because you yanked something from a dictionary, doesn't mean they can't expand on the definition.

And you pulled only 1 consideration from my list to attack. At least think about everything else I said, and it's fairly obvious this could have a lot of potential.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE A SAILING SKILL.

PROVE IT

There, that's the simple answer we need.

Dream on, they'll never make summoning <--- Surprise!

Face it, pking's gone, they won't do a thing about it. <--- Except for worlds dedicated to it!

Dragon plate? Try fantasy? <--- Reality!

tvnet_banner-2.jpg