Mechscape.

Bladeangel3

Raktuber -> April 20 - May 23

Raktuber is mentioned in the Chaos Elemental letter for this month, suggesting something BIG incoming between those dates. Now there is just that small, little part with date and nothing else, right? There are a LOT of clues pointing at a goblin-quest, which noone cares about, which Jagex probably would know.

Why would they do that? Why would they paste clues ALL over that Postbag about just one thing. Jagex has NEVER done that with any "secret" update its planned. Its always be really simple and hard to figure out. Like our date. Why?

MechScape.

We were told by Jagex at E3 that it'll be out in quarter one, which is where most of Raktuber falls into. We're getting a hint about the game. If anything doesnt make sense in that letter (Or in the ones to follow), post it here!

RuneScape junkie since 3/03.

RED CHIN TRAINING DEVALUES THE RANGED CAPE!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mayb im oblivious...whats mechscape?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Noone knew? Wow..

Yeah, theres going to be a new MMO geared towards those of us more mature than the fourteen and fifteen year olds of RS. Its pretty self explanatory.

This will not happen... lets me realistic. jagex wants money and if they r getting the money from 12 yr olds then that is wat the community will be. im sry but i just dont think they will attract a 14 & 15 yr audience if they will make it similarly to Runescape.

Noone knew? Wow..

Yeah, theres going to be a new MMO geared towards those of us more mature than the fourteen and fifteen year olds of RS. Its pretty self explanatory.

It may be geared towards more mature audiences, but no matter what those same immature teens/pre-teens will jump in. After all, JaGex cannot identify what anyone's age is, and whatever MMO is the coolest to them is the one they'll jump into. Besides, this is JaGex. It's [probably] going to be geared towards everyone, like it or not.

But I knew this. I'll tr it, probably enjoy it for a little, somehow end up hating it, quit, and go back to Runescape. Thats pretty much with every other game. Like Ragnarok, Maple Story, etc. In the end, I get right back to RS.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Jagex needs to set up an IQ test in order for you to make an account. Anything under 130 and you get IP-banned.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

When they do come out with mechscape, a lot of younger kids will follow. And frankly, I'll be happy, because then Runescape will be less filled with annoying "0mg ur liek, s0 c00l can i has phr33 st00f pl0x"

If you couldn't tell, I like medieval-like settings better than sci-fi.

Of course, I will naturally try Mechscape, so I at least know what I'm missing. ::'

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

Jagex needs to set up an IQ test in order for you to make an account. Anything under 130 and you get IP-banned.

Yes, because everyone under 130 IQ is an immature, obnoxious idiot. :roll:

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Hmm.. Mechscape may be quite interesting, then again it may be a lame version of Runescape with a si-fi theme. Personally i think Jagex may be over expanding, but this may work out in their favor.

if i remember correctly, they were completely reworking the game mechanics, basing it on runescape, but changing it so that common problems such as grind and trade would be solved creatively

besides, with jagex's recent track record, i doupt they would put out a lame runescape clone. And if they do, they'll fix it next month.

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

Are you saying you want to be banned?

+1.

Prove me wrong a post an IQ score above 115 ;) Not one of the "free internet IQ tests" either.

I digress, MechScape seems as if it will be a temporary distraction from RuneScape. Many players will leave RuneScape to try out MechScape, but assuming that it will be somewhat undeveloped compared to what RuneScape is now, I think that most players will return. We'll see an increase leaving and then another increase of players returning, I'm interested in what the economy will be like. What about trade limits on MS, an equivalent to the GE? Intriguing to think about.

transformerfy9.jpg

Are you saying you want to be banned?

Are you saying my IQ is under 130? Of course you are, but then you'd be wrong.

OT: Yes, I will be trying out MechScape; as long as the subscription fee isn't too high(unless they come out with a free version).

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Does anybody have a link to where I can read more about this? I havn't read or heard much of it, and might be interesting to have a bit of a read.

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

It would be amazing if they release MechScape then a week later they release a brand new skill on RuneScape, less people will be trying the skill, it will drag-on more and there wouldn't be a huge race to 99.

Players have known about MechScape for a long time, it's even been confirmed by Jagex a long time ago.

Always exciting to read about it, I can hardly wait until it comes out! :thumbsup:

OMA GAWD! DOZ DAT MEEN WE GET FR33 PH@TS LIEK WID RSC?

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I have no idea, but people shouldn't asume there will even be an economy, exessive time play to get to a desired lvl, this game make acturally take 'skill' as to why Jagex have said it will be for the 'older' class of player.

Hope that it takes more skill to play and 'win' anyway.

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

Haha, should suggest that idea to Jagex :lol:

A test you wouldn't pass, seeing as answer to the test would be spread all over the internet, mr. smartypants ;)

Not to mention the mass char sharing that would take place lol.