Mechscape.

Bladeangel3

Jagex needs to set up an IQ test in order for you to make an account. Anything under 130 and you get IP-banned.

Any other requests, your majesty?

It's called common sense, not test scores. Someone already used nearly the exact wording here already, but it bears repeating.

C2b6gs7.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't figure out if this is serious or if I'm getting fooled without knowing.

If there will be a new game released by Jagex I'm very curious on what it'll be, and I'll most definitely try it out. Hopefully a bit more Medievil.

It is serious. Yes, it will be evil - wicked, even - but I don't get why people misspell "medieval" all the time? It's not like it's a hard word, yet I see anything from "midevil" to "medaevil" and in between.

I get this all the time, you wouldn't believe some of the attempts I have seen :roll:. But as has been mentioned not everyone speaks english as their first language, or is old enough,(even though one is supposed to be at least 13 to play) #-o however.. my name is right infront of them, I like it when someone tries to tell me I spelt it wrong, but as long as I know what they mean it doesn't bother me to much

OT: I have known about Mechscape for awhile and have seen some pictures and designs of possible in game characters before they took it offline (wether they removed it or disabled from public use i'm not quite sure). The domain name for Mechscape has been registered since around 2003 I believe, so there is to be no doubt that it has been worked on a lot. I am sure Jagex is trying to cover everything, and make sure to test it all thoroughly before release. As for if I were to play it or not, I would give it a shot, play it every once in awhile to kill time, but I probably wouldn't take it as seriously as RS seeing as I have come this far already.. I have a lot of goals to achieve anyways :lol:.

Jagex needs to set up an IQ test in order for you to make an account. Anything under 130 and you get IP-banned.

Yes, because everyone under 130 IQ is an immature, obnoxious idiot. :roll:

Pretty much. I'd even go as far as to say 140.

I hope you're kidding.... less than 1% has an IQ of more than 140. I know for a fact that I got an IQ lvl of around 125. The normal is around 100, so I really hope you're not serious.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I wonder if Mechscape will be respectable amongst the MMO community. If Jagex does break free from their constant "Kid Friendly" attitude, would people look at is as comparable to other leading Titles?

If it looks like RS, than it stands a very small chance to gain any status in comparison to leading titles such as LOTRO, WoW, EQ2, Guild Wars 2 etc etc. We are almost in year 2009 and people want to use their computers with games that can give them the "wow-effect" (not world of warcraft). When was the last time you honestly logged into RS and did a 360* spin to look at the environment and went ... WOW ?

Guild Wars 2 is gonna own : )

sorry slightly off topic

I think my view is shared by quite a few people, i hope that when mechscape comes that it will trade away quite a few people, even if mature players go, there will still be more room for skills like mining where it is limited to how many people can use one resource.

96290504.pngsilasinth.png

99/99 Hunter

73/80 Smithing

74/80 Agility

71/75 Slayer

69/70 Summoning

~Silasinth~

I hope you're kidding.... less than 1% has an IQ of more than 140. I know for a fact that I got an IQ lvl of around 125. The normal is around 100, so I really hope you're not serious.

I looked and did the first IQ test I found.

127 IQ, age 16.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I looked and did the first IQ test I found.

127 IQ, age 16.

Intrenet IQ tests ftw!!

tifsbti6oi.gif

Hoepfully Mechscape will provide the enjoyment RuneScape doesn't anymore. ( I do hope Gold Farmers and whatnot don't hear about it :wall: I know everyone knows about it...)

It'll be a fun experience I hope.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I don't think Mechscape will be very good. I think jagex should do something different from an MMORPG.

like fun orb? which i don't find verry fun by the way. i would much rather go to one of the other of many free flash game sites

Y_Z.png

It's a joke, don't be a buzzkill.

Mmm, Mechscape sounds fun. I can't wait.

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

Hoepfully Mechscape will provide the enjoyment RuneScape doesn't anymore. ( I do hope Gold Farmers and whatnot don't hear about it :wall: I know everyone knows about it...)

Jagex might even "allow" selling MechGold for RL money and just put a disclaimer saying "do it at your own risk, don't wine to us" like some other MMO's.

Jagex might even jump on the wagon themselves and sell it, they'd make tonnes of extra money.

Jagex might even "allow" selling MechGold for RL money and just put a disclaimer saying "do it at your own risk, don't wine to us" like some other MMO's.

Jagex might even jump on the wagon themselves and sell it, they'd make tonnes of extra money.

I suppose they could, but that'd be going against what they don't like.

Also,

Wohoo? Sad and anxious at the same time. Sad for that they might neglect Runescape and that I have to pay attention to two games. Anxious for that I can invite my friends to play this new game with me.

~Bomb

Jagex said somewhere last year that RuneScape will continue to be their main priority for the next 5 years if I remember correctly.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Noone knew? Wow..

Yeah, theres going to be a new MMO geared towards those of us more mature than the fourteen and fifteen year olds of RS. Its pretty self explanatory.

This will not happen... lets me realistic. jagex wants money and if they r getting the money from 12 yr olds then that is wat the community will be. im sry but i just dont think they will attract a 14 & 15 yr audience if they will make it similarly to Runescape.

jagex bought out the pages mechhq.com mechscape.com and loads of other sides.. it IS comming just a matter of time :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

( I do hope Gold Farmers and whatnot don't hear about it :wall: I know everyone knows about it...)

If you look at the domains that Jagex bought out, you'll see a site that says mechscapegold.com. I believe you can find the list of domains bought MechscapeWorld somewhere.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

( I do hope Gold Farmers and whatnot don't hear about it :wall: I know everyone knows about it...)

If you look at the domains that Jagex bought out, you'll see a site that says mechscapegold.com. I believe you can find the list of domains bought MechscapeWorld somewhere.

That doesn't necessarily mean Jagex are going to use this domain, there making it so no one else can. There's a Runescapegold.com I'm sure. Jagex bought mechscapegold.com to make sure that doesn't happen. They also bought mechscapehq too, as far as I can remember.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Noone knew? Wow..

Yeah, theres going to be a new MMO geared towards those of us more mature than the fourteen and fifteen year olds of RS. Its pretty self explanatory.

By making the game more involved and harder, it should decrease the amount of 12- y/o's...

I mean, why would a 12 y/o want to play a game with high school level thinking?

or... they... could... use... trigonometry... and... algebra... to... keep... 12... y/o's... away... ::'

Greene8535.png