Opinions on Revenants?

Ned

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are very dangerous for people lower than level 70 but we can't attack them that is unfair and we die by an enamy that we can't even attack and then we lose valuble items that we have to buy all over again like a cycle.

Erm... If they can attack you, you can attack them. Just fyi.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

they are very dangerous for people lower than level 70 but we can't attack them that is unfair and we die by an enamy that we can't even attack and then we lose valuble items that we have to buy all over again like a cycle.

Erm... If they can attack you, you can attack them. Just fyi.

lulz maybe he isn't familiar with the right click attack option

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I think that the Revenants are a good type of monster. They don't work as the old pkers (They're programmed, players is not) though, not even close. But they drop good stuff when you kill them :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Not sure why everyone hates revs. Personally I think they're easier then Pkers although revs go places where you don't usually see pkers. But anyway pkers can quite easily do 4 35-35 specs with dds and revs can't. Pkers can tag team or you could see Di or another big clan in a multi-combat area you don't usually see 50 revs close together. Revs can only walk I mean I've escaped possibly 100s when going to Kbd. Revs are just simple AI NPCs with some few extra tricks. Plus we get stronger over updates and so do Pkers and revs they don't get new equipment they don't run around in D claws now do they? Although I guess the F2p ones should be nerfed, but the lower levelled ones I personally think are ok in one sense they are like pures.

Gah, I hate revs, they're such a drain of resources. Someone said to fight revs, they're not that tough. I've always run from them, so I got full rune armor (all I could afford a few weeks ago), a dragon battleaxe, food, and some pots. I found a level 68 rev, and went to work (though I'm pretty sure they all have the same stats, and the level is just to attack people in different levels of wilderness). The first [art of the fight went well, I hit a 15, an 18, a 12, relatively good. But then when I got it's health low, it started healing. OMGWTFBBQ? Whatever, I guess it's alright if they're meant to be similar to old PKers. The fight went on for about 6 more minutes, and I had a thought: "How much food do these things have?" The fight went on for a while longer, but in the end, I ended up running out of food and pots, running to level 20, and doing a Varrock tele.

The only good thing that came out of fighting was it was ok practice for quickly switching protection prayers.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Gah, I hate revs, they're such a drain of resources. Someone said to fight revs, they're not that tough. I've always run from them, so I got full rune armor (all I could afford a few weeks ago), a dragon battleaxe, food, and some pots. I found a level 68 rev, and went to work (though I'm pretty sure they all have the same stats, and the level is just to attack people in different levels of wilderness). The first [art of the fight went well, I hit a 15, an 18, a 12, relatively good. But then when I got it's health low, it started healing. OMGWTFBBQ? Whatever, I guess it's alright if they're meant to be similar to old PKers. The fight went on for about 6 more minutes, and I had a thought: "How much food do these things have?" The fight went on for a while longer, but in the end, I ended up running out of food and pots, running to level 20, and doing a Varrock tele.

The only good thing that came out of fighting was it was ok practice for quickly switching protection prayers.

Revs eats 15 times max against 1 player. Also switching prayers on them is stupid. It isn't predictable. My rev hunting set is usually d hide and range or melee depending on my mood, and just either protect melee or protect range. They aren't that hard at all, I use like 5 monks max on a knight and maybe 10 on dragons.

120dgl.jpg

I dont really care.... never go to wildy anyway, and if i do I bring forinthry bracelet so they can't teleblock and enough food and stuff... not that bad... plus there are lots of places to get away from them now (BH, CW, tele places, chaos tunnels, and now with Jennicas ring you can go to one of the portals.)

Definately easier than pkers.

holst15.png

archsupportei2.png

I think they are definately over-powered for F2p, however they aren't too hard to evade so they are more of an irritation. Makes trips to greaters more interesting ;)

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:wall: I can not belive this has not come up yet. Has nobody noticed that revenants hit high in every combat stat? Some PK'ers were pures, but were they pures in everything? Nope. :thumbdown:

2203069_Fallout-3-Signature-Feel-Free-To-Use_620.jpg

Revenents are hard for low levels and easy for high levels. Its pretty imbalanced compared to old PVP.
yes, i guess this is true.as a matter of fact, most people who think they are overpowerd and low level, and vice versa for high levels. Also another factor is that not everyone has 70 range for black dhide. Thus, low levels die. :twisted:

pkers>>>>>>>>WAY MORE DANGEROUS>>>>>>>>than revanents.

they still are scary tho.

I died a couple weeks ago penguin hunting because of one!

pkers>>>>>>>>WAY MORE DANGEROUS>>>>>>>>than revanents.

they still are scary tho.

I died a couple weeks ago penguin hunting because of one!

Ahh, and but 3 days ago, I died cause of getting septuple teamed by rev knights. :oops: I lost my first level 3 clue scroll. #-o I also lost my chart and such. I hate having to go through that goblin dungeun to get to the professer to get my chart back. Oh, why did I ever complete the observatory quest? :-k

These are good points. I think it is a matter of being prepared. They can definitely kill you if you aren't ready for them (black d'hide/prayer/forinthry bracelet).

But being septupled by Revs...well I wish you luck there :shock: .

I did survive a 6-rev attack at the Chaos Elemental, I got a bit lucky though :thumbup:

I agree with the low level ones being a bit overpowered. Jagex probably was thinking that they could simulate pures, but they do it a little too well. This is devastating in F2P.

The max hits increase by a smaller and smaller amount the higher you go up the chart of Revenants.

For instance, the Pyrefiend max is around 15-6, and the Vampire is 22, but then the Ork is 27ish.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

yes, but again, not everyody can afford or even use black dhide (myself included :oops: ).or forithery braclets. Some people are just trying to get some cash by doing treasure trails. Anyway, here is the basic play of the fight between me and the revs:

1:i see spell coming, i put on dhide(blue)

2: i see all of them, they cast tele block and freese me.

3:i pull out my dragon longsword, still getting attacked

4: i realize i have ecto-phial in my inventory, i try to click on it.

5: i die, losing everything exept 2 peices of rune and dragon long.

And of course, protect item never occurd to me. #-o

Ah, I see now, good point. :)

I was a high combat player when Revenants were released, when I was a lower level I remember being attacked by almost any player. The Revenants seem like easier versions of them :D

Then again, I agree that the lower level Revenants are overpowered and that a lower level's time in the Wilderness is significantly harder. The maxed out players have an easy time since there isn't anything that can be devastating (except the dragon or knight, perhaps).

Jagex did a piss-poor job with the revenants. Jagex had intended for revenants to replace PKers, but they don't even come close. For one thing, revenants are ridiculously overpowered on F2P. Since when could an F2P player hit over 30 with magic? Also, the revenants' behavior isn't even realistic. They tend to be randomly spread across the Wilderness instead of places where PKers gathered. I also don't recall being attacked by every single player I met in the Wilderness. Finally, their drops are a joke. Whereas PKers often dropped expensive equipment, revenants rarely dropped them.

I personally like the idea of "lost souls" as suggested by another poster. They could be the equivalent of 3-itemers who enter the Wilderness for non-PKing reasons. These "lost souls" would only give token drops while the aggresive revenants would drop loot ranging from bronze to barrows, depending on their level. Perhaps revenants could also use a "drop potential" system like in PvP worlds.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

In response to your essay, who prepares to fight rev's? When I'm doing a tt or rcing through the abyss I never put anything on. I don't bring a salve ammy, and I don't take the time to fight them. They really aren't worth the effort.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Well it depends on what you're doing. If you want to hunt Revenants (which I do for fun, I don't really care about payback), of course you should prepare :|

If you are doing a clue scroll like you said, the goal is to survive, so taking close to no gear is a bad idea. If you take some dragonhide and slap on range prayer, then you are prepared.

The problem is that most people don't do this, and then complain once they are killed.

Abyss RCing is different, revevants aren't usually much of a problem there anyway (unless I've been really lucky during my time Rcing).

The essay was in response to a rant that claimed they were close to impossible to kill.

Personally, I have no problems with revenants. I have not been out in f2p wildy much, so I cannot say if they are overpowered there. But in p2p, they are so easy to beat. I have never been killed by one, despite going into the wilderness countless times for clues, penguins, ect. It is way too easy to trap one behind a tree, or to simply outrun them. So that would be my biggest beef, that they are so dumb. Yes, they can never resemble PKers perfectly, but I'm sure Jagex can make them more of a challenge.

wartortlelove.jpg